Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Some Epic Things

1 minute ago, whykillme said:

http://elevation.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

This graph shows that it is in fact far easier to grind on Epic and everyone is abusing the ###### out of it right now. TY devs.

Can I ask something.

How would someone transferring 1:1 from Epic, or even at the current formula, affect you?

• Like 3

Oh, lets not forget the fact. With so many active players now on epic, we don't need a merge! The cluster is all back alive again after they found out they have it easy.

• Like 1

also that graph shows activity doing the same as every year, it goes up when it gets colder outside.

check last year October, same graph

though i am sure some people are curious and some freedomers might even be scouting for a future deed area.

your claims are pure assumptions

12 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Can I ask something.

How would someone transferring 1:1 from Epic, or even at the current formula, affect you?

Probably because MoneyGrabbing LTD. will have more competition now that there will be more accounts over. They wont be able to make as much money. But to be honest, I am glad that there is a proverbial wrench to stop that. This is a game, not a job, and those who try to put their business interests before the enjoyment of the game have their priorities wrong.

What those that complain from Freedom fail to realize is that unifying both clusters in some way (like what is happening now) is giving the game a massive boost. I have already started to see old players make a comeback with the news and many more will come.

If the economy has to take a plunge for the game to survive a few more years, and for all those empty plots in coastal Cele to fill out, I will gladly take the hit. Maybe we'll see more people helping each other instead of getting fleeced by your neighbor out of whatever little copper you have when you ask them to imp your sword.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, whykillme said:

This graph shows that it is in fact far easier to grind on Epic and everyone is abusing the ###### out of it right now. TY devs.

making assumptions about the motives of players becoming active again, i like it.

may i refer you to this thread:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

personally i play this game for the grind, just like others play it for pvp, pve or just chill around

i go for various 100 skills and i spend months (or years for some) grinding to get them, so ofc i find it unfair when other people get them more easily

if i had to guess a pvp analogy, it would be as if your enemy kingdom received free tomes/bonuses . would you find that fair?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cerber said:

it would be as if your enemy kingdom received free tomes/bonuses

That sounds like MR-epic

• Like 1

Many in the forums are saying they want fairness.

I can think of two ways in which the merge can be made more fair:

1. Budda's formula needs to be more accurate.  It currently seems to calculate more skill than it should after reduction for the lower skill levels.  After performing simple botanizing comparison with 1.0 skill level avatars on both Epic and Freedom recently, the Epic avatar still had higher skill gain after reducing it through Budda's formula.  When I enter my current 25-40 skill levels from my Epic account into Budda's formula, the result seems higher than what it should be as an equivalent on Freedom.

2. Freedom avatars need applicable skill gain increased when transferring to Epic.  My Freedom leatherworking is at 95.67.  If I spent 50 hours skilling to that level, then a formula should be used to translate that to 50 hours of skilling leatherworking on Epic.

30 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Can I ask something.

It invalidates the time and work we invested in our skills.  I have 90 nat subs, the Rainbow Maker title, and I wear that title with pride because I know not many people have it.  It means I spent a lot of time and effort grinding that skill and now someone from Epic is able to achieve that same result with much less time and effort spent, i.e. free skill gain?    Transferring 1:1 is an insult and directly goes against the grinding principle of this game.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, whykillme said:

My understanding is that there is currently an exploitation situation occurring on Epic.   You can gain free skill by portaling over to Epic now from Freedom, grinding low level skills to mid, then after the update, portaling from Freedom to Epic, the higher Epic skill will overwrite the low one, then portaling back to Freedom and taking a small hit.  The resultant skill gain will still be higher than if skilled on Freedom only.

@ Budda and the rest of the Dev. Staff.  I compliment you on putting forth your original post, and the fact that you have listened and adjusted some things.  At this point it is my personal opinion that the thread is no longer casting light but simply a forum for pet peeves.  If at some point prior to the update you have additional comments post them  and receive relevant comments.  You will never make everyone happy.  Put a fork in it, its done! Close the thread.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Grumpysmith said:

@ Budda and the rest of the Dev. Staff.  I compliment you on putting forth your original post, and the fact that you have listened and adjusted some things.  At this point it is my personal opinion that the thread is no longer casting light but simply a forum for pet peeves.  If at some point prior to the update you have additional comments post them  and receive relevant comments.  You will never make everyone happy.  Put a fork in it, its done! Close the thread.

rBnDsTO.jpg

1 minute ago, Grumpysmith said:

@Galatyn   Thank you for making my point for me.

What, that you want the thread closed because what Freedomer's are saying is true and you can't handle it?    Why close the thread when we can keep an open honest fair dialogue going?

Edited by Galatyn

No because all of these issues have been batted back forth now for some time.  In my opinion freedomers just want a one way street to come over at no cost themselves with full body stats (even though epic was hamstrung for years and the stats patch that was done was admittedly not fair).  To be weekend warriors with no investment in Epic other than to destroy and go back to Freedom laughing all the way.   With Epic having no ability to return the favor. 

But in all honesty my opinion doesn't mean squat.  It is up to the Devs to balance all of these issues.  They have plenty of information at this point to make their choices.  The continued existence of this thread just continues to drive the wedge between Epic and Freedom even more than it already is.  So it is time to stop the hemorrhaging, let them make their decisions on how they want things to proceed.  At the point they have had an opportunity to review and decide what in their opinion is the correct course for Wurm they can re-propose for further comment.

So what pithy meme are you going to post now?

• Like 7

I think all ya Epic fokes are forgetting that freedom DID NOT ASK FOR THIS. We could not care less if your cluster died and we'd be fine with a seperate cluster and just let Epic bleed out as it is. We are getting screwed over by the devs aswell because they are trying to fix YOUR cluster and they're hurting us in the process. The goal to make a challange like skiling server can be done with a new cluster just fine.

hey whykillme i can hug you if you want a hug, i have good hugs. retro has been tempted to have one of my hugs but he needs to play golf it first. if you do take one of my hugs make sure you let retro know what he is missing out on.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, whykillme said:

I think all ya Epic fokes are forgetting that freedom DID NOT ASK FOR THIS. We could not care less if your cluster died

Fortunately I don't think you speak for all of Freedom in your expression of empathy for others.  Bold emphasis mine   And, shows again why this thread is done.

• Like 6

Epic and Freedom aren't all that different, buckeroo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, whykillme said:

I think all ya Epic fokes are forgetting that freedom DID NOT ASK FOR THIS. We could not care less if your cluster died and we'd be fine with a seperate cluster and just let Epic bleed out as it is. We are getting screwed over by the devs aswell because they are trying to fix YOUR cluster and they're hurting us in the process. The goal to make a challange like skiling server can be done with a new cluster just fine.

you are speaking for yourself there and maybe cerber and galatayayaaayayaayayn, but dont speak of freedom as a whole mang ;)

• Like 3

Epic and Freedom are same skill gain, many people playing on Epic again, Epic wants to keep skills......sounds like no merger is needed then.  Epic has been revitalized!  

Edited by Galatyn

Seems like all this would be simpler if skill levels were decoupled from experience gain, and experience gain were made absolute across servers.

So, earning 100K exp on Epic would take the same time/effort as earning 100K exp on Freedom, but 100K would only unlock, say, level 50 on Freedom, whereas it might unlock level 85 on Epic, and at the same time, the exp required to unlock level 100 would be the same on both.

That means the Epic "curve" would be easily configurable if need be for balance, while at the same time the state of the curve would have no effect on transferring exp gain from Epic and to Freedom and vice versa. Nothing would be unbalanced or devalued.

That also means exp gain would either need to be absolute (50 exp for an action always gives 50 exp for an action, regardless of skill level), or diminishing exp gain would need to be tied to the total exp accumulated, not the level unlocked.

In short, that's one potential method for making expgain transfer 1:1 between Epic and Freedom, while allowing curved leveling on Epic.

EDIT:

I realize I haven't accounted for faster levels on Epic making you better at something, and thus affecting how much exp you can gain. I need to think about that some more. :P

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1

Lets not forget that EPIC was supposed to be wiped in the first place, so why are you all crying you're losing skills you were intended to lose anyway!

1 minute ago, whykillme said:

Lets not forget that EPIC was supposed to be wiped in the first place, so why are you all crying you're losing skills you were intended to lose anyway!

That was scrapped long before release. You're clutching at straws here buddy.

• Like 1