Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Some Epic Things

5 hours ago, Firestarter said:

You're trying to get peoples skills nerfed. Pathetic.

I would be thankful for getting skills transferred over period considering they were supposed to be separate FOREVER. But your not only getting to transfer over but they are being way generous in my opinion of the amount of skill they are letting you keep. I am with WKM on this one. In my opinion the formula was probably based more on trying to find a number that Freedomers will tolerate and Epic players will accept than real math.

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

I would be thankful for getting skills transferred over period considering they were supposed to be separate FOREVER. But your not only getting to transfer over but they are being way generous in my opinion of the amount of skill they are letting you keep. I am with WKM on this one. In my opinion the formula was probably based more on trying to find a number that Freedomers will tolerate and Epic players will accept than real math.

I think most epicners agree that the nerf will happen and we are ok with that, what we are asking for is just to keep the skills that was never even affected by the 2x or curve such as fighting skill/faith/ (meditation being one that we gratefully got to keep). Sure its generous we get a transfer since it was suppoed to be seperate since FOREVER but we wouldnt even ask for a transfer in the first place, but since all freedomers were given one that they werent supposed to get since FOREVER or whatever its just fair we ask for one too.

Not all of us were displeased with how epic was before and in the direction they are changing it its only more then fair to give us a chance to get away from it considering we paid premium just like you guys for something very diffrent to what the cluster is going to be now and have been changing for the last years. We keep what we should keep skillwise (things outside curve) and we get nerfed what should be nerfed (skills inside curve) then thats fair to me, or as fair as it can get by logic alone.

We never asked for this update, my alliance is torn apart by it, its easy for you guys to want to hit us by the nerf hammer and asking us "peasants" or whatever to be generous for the bread and water u get! but try to understand its not your cluster thats being changed/killed into another one, I was hoping I would see freedomers accepting us and taking care of us instead of this gloom doom speech about economy failing and epic skills taking over the entire world, trying to screw us over by trolling the forum post (even though most epic top accounts arent as high as freedom top acounts) im happy atleast the devs are somewhat on our side and a few freedomers that I saw many hearts to those brave once not listening to the fear and hate speech from the rest of you.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Nocturnes said:

Sure its generous we get a transfer since it was suppoed to be seperate since FOREVER but we wouldnt even ask for a transfer in the first place, but since all freedomers were given one that they werent supposed to get since FOREVER or whatever its just fair we ask for one too.

I doubt freedomers asked for any of this either. I believe that the whole change is implemented as a way to revitalize epic. The problem that I see in this thread is that lots of epic players want to get out of epic and relocate in freedom. It feels like a mass migration of epic refugees to freedom. As far as I'm concerned, do come in, bring your skills, your items even your chickens if you want.

What troubles me is how this is going to revitalize epic? If you leave, then we have an empty cluster, maybe used as weekend resort for bored freedomers and that in rare occasions since you will have to organize it in advance to find someone there.

• Like 1

PvE benefits from more active players, and I'm pretty sure Chaos could use some fresh blood too.  I see a lot of the old epic folks showing up on freedom, on effectively newb accounts, so it'll be great to have more active players.  The market isn't much good right now on freedom anyway, so the influx of high skills isn't going to change anything - most of the folks who can afford to buy stuff and actually want to, either have alliance mates who'll do it for nothing or already have friends who will give them mates rates.  Stuff like rares will go up slightly, due to vets (who are used to a certain level of bling) restocking their toolchests, and the catfish bulk brick slaves will suddenly have a whole bunch of folks setting up new deeds to supply.  Also, just because someone has bigly heyooge skills, doesn't mean they're automatically going to want to set up shop; plenty of high-skilled individuals don't bother selling, because the market game doesn't interest them, and they'd rather not spend their recreation time chained to a forge / alter / grindstationofchoice.

And even if I'm completely wrong, and the market on pve completely tanks, well, so what?  It's not like if has very far to go from where it is, and it'll hit a new level eventually.  And, in my vaulted opinion, the health of epic outweighs making the game a bit harder for the (relatively small) number of players who are ONLY focussed on making as many bucks as possible.  Or, if you need something simpler, the capitalists can take one for the team this time.

• Like 10

i think a large group of epic players are already on freedom too and just happy that some of the skills are getting transferred over.

so mass migration might not really happen.

the fact remains that the devs are allowing access to epic from freedom with skill in tact and thereby changing the landscape of epic completely ( not bad perse) but that is not what people signed on for on epic, so its only fair to allow this to be two way

i moved from epic to freedom with my alts and villagers when the elevation reset/new map was done.

resetting maps ( deleting money and time spent) to get new blood that was not interested to come over seemed like a really bad idea to me. 

I don't want to bring items from epic perse, i dont really care except for merchant contract and other NPC bought items, or maybe get refunded for them

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, elroth said:

the fact remains that the devs are allowing access to epic from freedom with skill in tact and thereby changing the landscape of epic completely ( not bad perse) but that is not what people signed on for on epic, so its only fair to allow this to be two way

My only objection is in the use of this argument. Freedomers get something, so epic players must get something too. Well, lets make a poll on freedom if they actually want or care about this something. If it turns out that freedomers couldn't care less about transferring to epic, then lets forget the whole story.

Don't get me wrong. If life on epic feels that bad for so many people, then there must be a formula to transfer out. But lets call it that. It is not that freedom gets something out of it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Erlindur said:

My only objection is in the use of this argument. Freedomers get something, so epic players must get something too. Well, lets make a poll on freedom if they actually want or care about this something. If it turns out that freedomers couldn't care less about transferring to epic, then lets forget the whole story.

Don't get me wrong. If life on epic feels that bad for so many people, then there must be a formula to transfer out. But lets call it that. It is not that freedom gets something out of it.

Sure I can settle for that aswell that its not just because freedom gets it then so shall epic, its the entire patch in itself changing the skilling system and timers on epic and more things to come makes every epic player abit scared ofc, change is only good when it makes things better after all. So yes 2 weeks ago epic wanted to be epic, today epic wants a safe card to freedom to make sure that the if "new epic" is gonna be something for them or not, otherwise its peaceful farmers life for me on freedom.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

If I play for 3h on freedom I can get 18 lockpicking skill gains. If it is 2x on epic it's like 36 gains. 6 hours in 3 hours. It needs additional work :P

On 2017-10-18 at 9:22 AM, Clasin said:

-1 for transfers Epic>freedom 
There are many other factors affecting grinding, not just skill gain. Like availability of imping materials. Eg. ppl with high mining = more ppl with access to high ql lumps for cheap or even free (whereas on freedom you have to buy them or be lucky to have a friend with time and skill). Also fighting and its subskills makes skilling new weapons alot easier. There are some other skills affecting each other, but I will not mention them all. I just want to show you that grinding is a snowball effect. And ofc we have developed economy on our lovely PvE freedom so people spend much time on trading and building. 

10 minutes ago, Clasin said:

If I play for 3h on freedom I can get 18 lockpicking skill gains. If it is 2x on epic it's like 36 gains. 6 hours in 3 hours. It needs additional work :P

On 2017-10-18 at 9:31 AM, platinumteef said:

"fighting makes its subskills and weapons alot easier"

care to elaborate on the difference between freedom and epic ?

What platinum said, care to elaborate?

You guys all have it the wrong way around - people from epic should keep all their skills as they are AND freedom players just get a 50-55% boost in all their skills

8 hours ago, Chuck said:

So@Buddais just making ###### up?

• Like 3

Will 100 skills remain 100? I'm curious what Budda says about it? It's pretty clear some people here have never skilled anything to 100 on freedom or on epic to understand the pain. Just curious if those will be nerfed as well. 

2 minutes ago, elentari said:

Will 100 skills remain 100? I'm curious what Budda says about it? It's pretty clear some people here have never skilled anything to 100 on freedom or on epic to understand the pain. Just curious if those will be nerfed as well. 

http://buddat.net/epicSkills.html

3 minutes ago, elentari said:

NwLJHJTlQIymz8K9yssnDA.png

• Like 2

Well that's pretty "unfair" to say the least. The time investment is pretty much the same. :(  Especially when you consider "tick rate" on epic and epic curve applied past 90. 

Edited by elentari

1 hour ago, Clasin said:

Sure, but that's only at low levels.  If what others are saying is correct, it reverses as you increase in skill levels, so while going from 18 - 20 may be faster on Epic, it takes much, much longer to go from 80 -90 on Epic than on Freedom.  Hence "the curve".

• Like 2

WE ARE WURM-ONLINE !        We all brothers and sisters !

Let us have a fair transfer to Freedom.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

rant

Why the hell is everyone on Epic talking about transferring to freedom?  Doesn't make sense to me.  Epic seems like the place where REAL PVP happens.  Chaos is kind of ###### when it comes to PVP.  Lose your drake set and just buy another if you have real life money to spend from someone on PVE server.

I went to Epic a year ago and was planning on being on Epic full time.  After logging in for a week and no one around I left and considered Epic as pretty useless.  I had fun solo though.  Then went to Chaos for PVP.  Population on Chaos sucks too depending on where you are in the world.  Right now 6 people logged into Chaos this Thursday morning.  I would miss some awesome PVP battles because it was 3AM where I live and I have to work in the morning.

Epic PVP keeps it all in one place.  Changes hopefully will get more people on Epic and all I hear is complaining.  Pretty sad.

To me it comes down to competition and people in this game seem to not like competition.  The only competition is "I grinded my skill longer than you so I should be better than you".

If it was up to me I'd make the curve get you to 100 max skill in a month or less and even the PVP playing field.  Make gear, weapons and bonuses the only thing that gives an edge over someone else in PvP.  Then you have to work together as an alliance to get that edge above an other alliance, but minus the bonus a little if 100 person alliance if fighting a 20 person alliance.  Damn balance.

I'm glad they doing this transfer from Freedom to Epic.  I'll be moving their full time when change comes.  Freedom makes me want to quit Wurm and been hanging on these PvP updates for awhile now.  Chaos no fun because I need 6 more years to be equal with others.  Getting this shield skill up if freakin insane on Freedom.

/rant

• Like 1

a lot of people making assumptions on whos gonna go where-- its all just guesswork and who cares? better to give people the option to go wherever the hell they would rather be rather than worrying about how it might impact whatever servers population

dunno why people seem upsetti over simply gaining more freedoms on which server you chose to play on

unless you skilled up the same char on both, in which case sucks to be you but youre not really losing anything either tbh

Edited by MightySheep
  • Like 3

@nicedreams You raise some excellent points.

I can't spend the real-life time for the grind on Freedom anymore nor do I have the inclination to play a spreadsheet game of watching a number grow (no offence intended to anyone who is grind focused).

With the changes to skill gain etc on Epic I think there is a real good chance that WO will finally have a managed server environment that will be attractive to the many, many WU players who would like such an environment. These are people whose game play goes beyond the grind. The faster gains will hopefully make the super account advantage largely obsolete as well within a relatively short period of time.

Epic has the potential to really be good. For the first time since WU came out I am finding a reason to put premium back onto my account and return to the action.

With the much more reasonable and fair treatment being provided to Epic players who want to transfer to Freedom I also no longer have any reason not to approach a return to Epic with an open mind.

~Nappy

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Erlindur said:

my argument is not that freedom gets something so epic should get something. its if you change the mechanics to this degree, opting out should be possible. Honestly they should have done this 2 years ago when they said they will work on making it better and did nothing for 2 years or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elentari said:

Well that's pretty "unfair" to say the least. The time investment is pretty much the same. :(  Especially when you consider "tick rate" on epic and epic curve applied past 90. 

the same? budda stated that its basically TWICE AS FAST to 100! what the ######

3 hours ago, Sjarn said:

If what others are saying is correct, it reverses as you increase in skill levels, so while going from 18 - 20 may be faster on Epic, it takes much, much longer to go from 80 -90 on Epic than on Freedom.  Hence "the curve".

read budda's post again, if you follow optimal difficulty it takes 50-55% ticks all the way to 100 on epic

so nope, not longer on epic past 80 lol

the skills crossing over with that formula + they get *3 all the way back + they keep their stats is VERY generous as far as fairness goes

those who will spend time to get their 100 skills back on freedom will have spent about 70% of the time it would have taken on freedom (due to the *3 they get all the way back)

pvp are dead on epic, pvp-servers need less limitations - not more :(

with the new idea freedom can enter epic (with her skills), many of them will coming and destroy all was building on years. but with time, all going back, because there is no future with this code. there is no playing pvp like old wild. i was one the first player on epic, it makes no fun more.

change the code, then some old player coming return ...

merge chaos and epic and all have more fun ...

please no tourists from freedom on epic. thanks

Edited by shakys
Moderation Edit.