Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Some Epic Things

You are 100% right. Mol rehan have won over 500 hotas, have you seen thousands of moonmetal lumps floating around back then? 

But I am not here to argue anyway, I am here to say I am happy about seeing people getting out of dead servers. Its a shame you are not getting the full deal but something is still better than nothing, right? 

11 minutes ago, Epictransfer said:

Kill all dragons from Epic

mmm yes all that 0.5 drake hide total per dragon bet everyone cant WAIT to make those drake gloves mm mm unbalancing oh yes

• Like 14

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

With stats and meditating skill out of the way, as others asked, what about at least fs?  Though faith would be really nice to have for people that want to cross either way.  People trying out epic need priests for enchants, and vice versa.  And again as far as I can tell and am aware, neither fs or faith has 2x gains.  Not that faith gains really matter when freedom has the population to hold multiple sermon parties that make the total pop of epic look like an even greater joke, plus they had prayer resets forever, epic didn't for most.

I'm guessing by now we're stuck with only the higher freedom skills transferring and higher nerfed skills transfering, and no compensation for dual cluster grinding at all?  I got 80 med on epic first then 80 med on freedom, that's probably worth more than 90 med total.  Just one example but like many other people I grinded the same account on both sides knowing there would never be a merge.  Dunno if theres a way to use this formula to combine the perceived total effort, and if the new total skill is lower than the epic skill being transferred then can use the x3 gain but not if its higher.  Same for vice versa if someone had a good epic account and grinded on freedom and wants to combine their effort

I find this other question of mine very important still:  "Will the new timers take into mind bashing/siege machines?  So we don't get halved timers on bashing, cata, etc.  Challenge mode raiding was literally done by large mauls with faster bash timers, it was hilarious and won't be so funny on a persistent live server."

I think it would be a nice gesture to lock in the 100 skills, even if a 99.99 would get nerfed or something.  Count how many total 100 there are on epic, is it really going to make a massive impact?  They are certainly extremely far from easy to obtain on epic

I agree; it makes sense to add Epic skills to Freedom skills, and vice versa. I wish it could also be like that going forward, to be honest. That would also intrinsically resolve the potential abuse of refreshing lost skills on Epic, and ideally it would make it irrelevant to a new player whether they did early grinding on Epic or Freedom.

Just for example (I know my math is wrong :P ), got that early 90 skill on Epic? It's worth 30 on Freedom. Ground to 30 on Freedom? It's worth 90 on Epic. Did 30 on both? Now it's worth 91.X on Epic and 45.X on Freedom.

I would be willing to wait on the update if the above were possible.

Oh, and I'd say getting to 100 should be exactly as hard on either Epic or Freedom, so that grinding to 100 on Epic would be 100 on Freedom, and vice versa.

Edited by Roccandil

You guys are already keeping loads of skill compared to what it really should be and you're still asking for more. pathetic

• Like 2

I Find this idea of having epic and freedom skills add together to make some sense.  In addition, if this were to come about then it would make sense to have epic skill gain follow the same rules as freedom, so traveling back and forth one would keep and improve on the exact same skill set.  Timers on epic could be shortened to make up for this maybe.  The drawback would be for those new to wurm to take longer to get into pvp, but that approach was the main point of epic at its inception and did not produce fruit.  This would increase more part time traffic to epic, for when someone travels to epic to make bricks and swords for the war effort, that skill gained will not be wasted upon return to their freedom home.

• Like 1

Wow! I'm excited to see what Nathan and Gregory look like on freedom!

• Like 6

I want to go to impalong! Implement now! xoxo <3

• Like 5

18 hours ago, KrisWald said:

I tamed a pig... yes a PIG to almost 58 taming on freedom in a week or so... a pig at 30 on epic makes you want to pull out your hair... you need harder and harder creatures and different food types and from 70-76 i fed THOUSANDS and thousands of meat to a hell horse... had to get my ass kicked doing it... the thought i can keep leveling possibly to 70 or 90 even off a stupid pig on freedom... are you serious??? 

I feel sorry for you.. if ya want to 58 taming a pig... I played on epic to test the curve. 1 to 80. 4days at 8hours a day with right animals. only seem to come inline with freedom skills about 70+. *skill per hour
You can do 1 to 80 taming on freedom in 10days at 8hours a day. *have the right animals and right food.

i got told that pig thing long time ago. the math just don't work out. Stop looking at number of ticks or size of ticks. look at skill per hour...
people on xanadont do not understand that when they go there to grind.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, icbash said:

I played on epic to test the curve. 1 to 80. 4days at 8hours a day with right animals. only seem to come inline with freedom skills about 70+. *skill per hour

what...  I have 84 taming after 6 years, which includes taming a hell horse to extremely loyal about a billion times.  what am I doing wrong!

I used the difficulty website calculator thing (I'd get in trouble for linking it because of the name lol) and picked the right animals to use for taming.  On freedom I'm lucky to get 2 points for like 2-3 hours of taming, going from like 40 something and stopping at 50 with this announcement.  seriously what

8 hours ago, Niki said:

I'm also losing respect for epic players even, which is something I'm reluctant to say. The fact that some of you are not happy with the skill transfer is a bit alarming, as it's way to generous to even begin with. You want more, I will always be against that logic. Please be happy with just transfers. It's more than fair.

Its not fair.  How is one side losing skills on a transfer and the other side getting to bring all their skills equal and fair.  

Man some of you freedomers are self-entitled.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Savior said:

Its not fair.  How is one side losing skills on a transfer and the other side getting to bring all their skills equal and fair.  

Man some of you freedomers are self-entitled.  

Why not stay on epic? Or are you against freedom coming over? Why do you want to play with self-entitled freedomers if you're coming from epic?

The transfer is totally reasonable now with the latest comment from Budda. You don't need items, nor does freedom need items crossing over to epic. Please if you don't like it please don't transfer over then? I just don't understand how you don't think it's fair.

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

I just don't understand how you don't think it's fair.

because the very core game mechanics are drastically being changed after 6 years of this cluster existing.  if this change was not happening then it would not be near as massive of an issue

My recommended changes to the current skill system vs changing it earlier in this thread would fix some of this

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

Why not stay on epic? Or are you against freedom coming over? Why do you want to play with self-entitled freedomers if you're coming from epic?

The transfer is totally reasonable now with the latest comment from Budda. You don't need items, nor does freedom need items crossing over to epic. Please if you don't like it please don't transfer over then? I just don't understand how you don't think it's fair.

Switch shoes.  would you give up skill to come to Epic?  Would you be willing to lose up to 20% of everything you worked hard to gain  to transfer?  Would you be ok if you had to do that but the other players didn't suffer such penalty coming to your server.  

I plan on staying on epic because losing 8 points of WS is not something I look forward to REGAINING

• Like 4

Just now, Savior said:

Switch shoes.  would you give up skill to come to Epic?  Would you be willing to lose up to 20% of everything you worked hard to gain  to transfer?  Would you be ok if you had to do that but the other players didn't suffer such penalty coming to your server.  

I plan on staying on epic because losing 8 points of WS is not something I look forward to REGAINING

I'd say if this was reversed, freedom dying and we need to move to epic because the devs demand it. I'd of left years ago when the player count was dropping, not play on a dead cluster. I wouldn't ever expect a transfer to happen, be grateful with what you get. I don't know many others games that are this generous to their players.

I should grateful.. Well thank you masta for sparin me da whip agin.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

I'd say if this was reversed, freedom dying and we need to move to epic because the devs demand it. I'd of left years ago when the player count was dropping, not play on a dead cluster. I wouldn't ever expect a transfer to happen, be grateful with what you get. I don't know many others games that are this generous to their players.

Let's translate "generous to their players" to "good customer service", and see how that sounds.

Hi i'm still hyped from about 10 hours ago, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Hi i'm still hyped from about 10 hours ago, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Me too.     \o/  \o/  \o/

• Like 1

So if say, my 90 wepsmithing skill on Epic is transferred to freedom and becomes 86 skill , once I am on Freedom, do we get a 3x increase like if we died and lost 4 points in wepsmithing? Or will we *sighs*  be forced to regrind it to 90 at normal freedom skillgain? Just want to make sure I understand how this is going to work.

2 hours ago, whykillme said:

You guys are already keeping loads of skill compared to what it really should be and you're still asking for more. pathetic

You're trying to get peoples skills nerfed. Pathetic.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

You're trying to get peoples skills nerfed. Pathetic.

pPdNZ3c.jpg

• Like 1

the devs said it's fair, it's fair, end your talk of nerfs and other dark words, when we all transfer you're gonna get deeded around and KoS'd anyway

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

what...  I have 84 taming after 6 years, which includes taming a hell horse to extremely loyal about a billion times.  what am I doing wrong!

I used the difficulty website calculator thing (I'd get in trouble for linking it because of the name lol) and picked the right animals to use for taming.  On freedom I'm lucky to get 2 points for like 2-3 hours of taming, going from like 40 something and stopping at 50 with this announcement.  seriously what

at 50 skill about 1.30 a hour

at 60 skill about  1.10 a hour

at 70 skill i dropped to about .80 a hour

Pok/affinity food/SB.

12 hours ago, Budda said:

Due to the way the curve negatively impacted optimal characteristics gains and hindered meditation these will be copying over to freedom at a 1:1 ratio. We'll also be looking at meditation cooldowns as a whole for both freedom and epic, and see if there's something we can do across both.

• Like 1