Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Some Epic Things

2 minutes ago, Spy said:

Freedom transfer to epic I say yes but epic to freedom NOOOOOO

Lock up your daughters!

What is the point in playing epic until the update now or even after that?

If we grind right now or build, it will be wasted time if you are going to increase the skill gain out the wazoo. If we build, you may wipe it all away. (E.g. saying we'll visit this at a later time)         Any reasons to play epic at this point in time? I had a ton of reasons to play last week, but I can't seem to find any this week.

These updates are going to turn epic into a wasteland where no one wants to grind or build and anyone who does will only be farmed(RAIDED) by those who want to jump over and do so and then leave.

These changes won't save wurm. You have to market yourselves into a new player base and not divide what is remaining.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Odynn said:

wait wait wait... didn't you guys said that Freedom had easy mode to get tomes?! Or are you getting back on that assumption now that you can move over?

Might be time that uniques actually drop them properly again on freedom (as they did before the nerf you had applied to us), if you want some free switch like that.

haha what.  what does wanting to swap the tomes from my FREEDOM account to another FREEDOM account have to do with your grudge against me blaming me for a bugfix?  Just to clarify, tomes that already exist on my FREEDOM account that used tomes before this announcement, the account that existed before epic did, remembering that I didn't move anywhere

I believe these questions were still unanswered:

Will there be anything done for accounts with skills on both clusters?  Like if I grinded med to 80 on epic then grinded to 80 on freedom, it's just going to be flat out still 80 even though if I didn't grind it I'd have gotten a boost to starting the grind?

Are skills like faith and fight skill going to transfer 1:1?  I believe they are the same exact skillgain rate so 90 on epic matches 90 on freedom but maybe that can be confirmed

Also will med path transfer?  especially since it's confirmed meditating is harder on epic so we certainly earned it?

Will the new timers take into mind bashing/siege machines?  So we don't get halved timers on bashing, cata, etc.  Challenge mode raiding was literally done by large mauls with faster bash timers, it was hilarious and won't be so funny on a persistent live server.

I really feel a better system is to keep the skill system we have and make creation ql = effective skill /2, which is a 40% boost yet the max ql would be 50 which isn't overpowering.  Use the armor smithing title bonus and turn it into halved timers when using a title for the skill you're using.  Any title, any skill, minus warmachine stuff of course.  This gives the best of both worlds while potentially being even better, without changing the core game, or devaluing the grind from the previous 6 years

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Trollslayer said:

If we grind right now or build, it will be wasted time if you are going to increase the skill gain out the wazoo. If we build, you may wipe it all away. (E.g. saying we'll visit this at a later time)         Any reasons to play epic at this point in time? I had a ton of reasons to play last week, but I can't seem to find any this week.

I just started on epic and it has been great.  Is it pointless now for me to continue?  Why does Wurm not just charge a fee for a one time player transfer for those who want to switch and leave the servers as they are?  Back and forth will probably just mean a really big dual servers for high level players to dominate and nothing for newer ones.  

1 minute ago, Zephyr40k said:

So how is the population on EPIC, one week in?  Any increase?  

Yes.  

• Like 1

What is the point in creating a new character on epic now?

New players might go "Oh, faster skillgain and pvp, everything i've ever wanted from a game like this!"

Then a few months (or years) they tire of pvp and want to try out the much larger pve part of the game, but nope, they are now forever stuck on epic unless they completely grind a new character from scratch.

They get stuck in the same trap epic players have been stuck in.

Why are you so stuck with the idea that the best way to get into pvp is to increase the skillgain?

Are you not considering other ideas which may be much better suited for the future of the game?

You could do something such as turn off 2x and curve for epic and let players freely cross and grind wherever they please.

Then instead of looking at ways to make the grind faster, look at ways to make the grind less needed.

For example:

Players need 31 body control in order to ride a hellhorse. Hellhorses are considering a major part in land pvp.

What changes can one do to make people reach this value faster in order to particpate in pvp?

Yes, you could increase the skillgain so people reach that value faster, but when doing so you also completely remove their ability to freely move between the clusters.

Another way to fix it would be to simply lower the value. This option neither messes with skillgain or difficulty, which means there's nothing stopping them from freely crossing between the clusters.

The same thing can pretty much be applied to every other skill.

Another example:
Players need an average of about ~50 body strength to be considered "average" in pvp

Body strength gives them various bonuses to actions, but mainly to DR%

Again, you could increase the skillgain so players simply get to this point faster, but cantmovebetweenclustersetcetc.

Or again, you could just lower the bonuses from the skill to put people on even footing.

How many players do you think regret starting on epic? Knowing that this whole time they could have been on freedom, a cluster with options of both pve and pvp, a cluster with an actual market and a massive playerbase when compared to their own tiny cluster.

You're recreating that same nightmare for new players that choose epic after this update.

Please reconsider.

thx

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 5

Faith should follow, alternative that we maybe get to choose a new diety when we reach freedom, same for meditation if we lose our paths.

I dont see why faith shouldnt follow as its the same as the freedom gain if not harder becuase of the lesser sermons :)

@Retrograde

• Like 1

How many 100 skills is there on epic and why the free ride for the 100 title once they transfer to freedom?

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

How many 100 skills is there on epic and why the free ride for the 100 title once they transfer to freedom?

Probably not much, I have 100 fishing (usefull huh?) and i wont be suprised if im only BL player that has a 100 skill.

There might be some 100 HFC kiddos and i know the strongest epic character has 100 digging.

I dont know many other folks with 100 skills. there might be a few more tho.

Just now, LorenaMontana said:

Probably not much, I have 100 fishing (usefull huh?) and i wont be suprised if im only BL player that has a 100 skill.

There might be some 100 HFC kiddos and i know the strongest epic character has 100 digging.

I dont know many other folks with 100 skills. there might be a few more tho.

Ah I see, so that was why pingpong was excited about this, snatching up all those titles.

• Like 1

if we don't keep body stats coming over to freedom, our accounts can never go to chaos. We will have about 10x harder skill gain trying to get those back cause the useal body str grinding methods would have already passed those sweet spots, so, i really hope this isn't the case otherwise I'll just go ahead and credit card me a new 60 body str acc.

Yes whine till budda caves in on all of it, and just does away with the formula, after all it is what you want.

• Like 1

How about an in-game vote for these Freedom/Epic changes?  

13 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

How about an in-game vote for these Freedom/Epic changes?  

I think we all know how that would go. More than likely it'd be an overwhelming majority of votes saying "no, don't let them bring anything, even skills".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thorgot said:

Why would 100 skill transfer across then? That would be very unfair and will make everybody who ground a skill up to 100 on Freedom feel really dumb about their choices.

If the epic community were more like the freedom community we might say something along the lines of "your fault for choosing the wrong cluster".

• Like 1

Iam sad to see all this ###### some of you guys are able to write down here.

If the epic community, blabla. Dont let the epic ppl play the game, delete everything on epic pls. They all have 100 in all skills. 

But in the end i have to agree to you guys. I feel very dumb for starting out on epic and i just wish i could get all my 100 skills over to freedom along with my 88 body str. Playtime of my toon is 103 days.

Yea you are all right, the epic community is the most toxic we ever seen in a game.

@Retrogradepls just delete everything on epic. All toons, everything.

I beg you

Edited by Lundu

Just keep Epic and Freedom completely separate as it is today.  There is nothing wrong with the way it is.  

Reduce epic to 1 server and let it bleed out. Then change the other 3 to challange like. That way nobody has to move skills.

Those who used the *2 skillgain the most (90+) keep their skills but those who have low skill and used it the least get screwed? And they can grind it back at *3 the speed? I think that if you grinded to 99 skill and only lose 0.03 which is *3 and it is considered fair.. well idk what to say on that.