Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Some Epic Things

+1 buddah and devs, this expkanation help me make sense of the curve and how it would compare to freedom, i think skills transfer with a x3 for w/e is lowered  is a fair solution. 

Locate soul has been needed for ages this will help with alts and kingdom priest spam.  And with archeology you want people off deed, so not just victims of locates spam

Oakshell +1

Alts being in cave not seeing past 25 tiles is epic, this will also change how trapping is done with one dedicated person stealthed out side for best view. 

The map reset will make sense, what won't make sense is if we don't pre warn the players both old and new that it is Likley to reset, so they don't go and get burned out making a deed but instead use the time on epic to text various new updates from you guys, home servers ofc will be good to go deed still and i hope some improvements for home servers are coming to. 

The only question buddah, if I'm 53 body str on epic, what will it be on freedom? 

This was a great post, for many in tc it answered questions, so thanks

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

If body stats do follow the formula for conversion or a new formula you come up with, some one pointed out if you say have 24 body strength you would end up with 16.258856 post conversion on the current formula lower than you start out with on a fresh toon, so if you do a conversion on characteristics make sure they can't go lower than what you start a new account at.

• Like 1

Just now, Darklords said:

If body stats do follow the formula for conversion or a new formula you come up with, some one pointed out if you say have 24 body strength you would end up with 16.258856 post conversion on the current formula lower than you start out with on a fresh toon, so if you do a conversion on characteristics make sure they can't go lower than what you start a new account at.

they already stated if your skills on freedom are higher it wont transfer that skill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evilreaper said:

they already stated if your skills on freedom are higher it wont transfer that skill

Ah right makes sense.

Edited by Darklords

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

If tomes won't transfer, would there be considered a way to remove tomes from an account to use on another?

wait wait wait... didn't you guys said that Freedom had easy mode to get tomes?! Or are you getting back on that assumption now that you can move over?

Might be time that uniques actually drop them properly again on freedom (as they did before the nerf you had applied to us), if you want some free switch like that.

• Like 2

balancing the body stats and stuff can't work off this algo.. the average epic player is going to have surpassed the sweet spots of stat related skills gains and going to have an average of 25 body stamina and around 40 strength

300 days playtime with 90+ in every resource gathering, 90+ in every fs skill but 45 or 50 strength and 25 to 30 stamina after transfer lol

my chaos toon has 370 days playtime with more, 69+ strength and almost 60 stamina, and no fs related skill over 75

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 3

This seems like it'd get plenty of players to return. Overall this is a nice idea, however items should really be a no-go. The free curve they get makes every item easier to improve compared to freedom, moonmetals are easier to get, and it'd probably just end up crashing the market all around due to a lot of them transferring, or transferring alts, to simply dump their items into the market.

Edited by williamwierd

I like this idea and simply for one reason... allow Epic players to leave Epic and then wipe Epic.

ty and gn

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Spy said:

Freedom account when transfer to epic also get use this calculator?

http://buddat.net/epicSkills.html

If i have 90 skill on freedom i get 92.7 in epic?

No, that's the 2x skillgain system, applying it in reverse won't really work. 

The epic curve is different.

90 on freedom would be roughly 99 on epic

so anything above 99 transfers with a 1:1? even though you just said it takes half the tick check compared to freedom?

and a *3 for the skills that were lowered, so it will be even easier to grind it than when they were on epic lol

i fail to see the fairness in that...

allow Epic and Freedom cluster to merge  into another pvp Server with same skill gain etc as freedom  no ITEMS on transfer no nerfing skills and connect the server to the freedom cluster in 6 months time.

• Like 1

you should let us keep body stats since we miss sweet spots during our training now too.

• Like 2

the fact that a 55 body strength account would be roughly around 40 is just humiliating

i think you should really take a look at stats...

• Like 3

Yea i mean if this is implemented my Epic toon will still have nice skills on freedom but his stamina and strength etc will be less then my freedom alt....i mean im fine with the calculations for the skills but the characteristics will take a massive hit and it seems stupid to have barely 50 strength when toons with the same skills will have alot higher just cause they been on freedom. Not gonna be easy to grind the characteristics back up to the same lvl as others either since the skills will be pretty high still.

Why are you even coming up with some crazy formula/calculator?

yes epic has the timer increase and yes it's easier on epic but freedom has been open almost twice as long! 

Yet again your tip toeing around the real issue here. 

Edited by Moonpoppy

1 hour ago, Cerber said:

so anything above 99 transfers with a 1:1? even though you just said it takes half the tick check compared to freedom?

and a *3 for the skills that were lowered, so it will be even easier to grind it than when they were on epic lol

i fail to see the fairness in that...

same, you can certainly feel that buddas main intention, as he mentioned, was to find the easiest formula to use on the whole database at once rather than splitting it into categories based on if the scenario he described, with skill difficulty having a big impact on epic, applies or not and treat each accordingly.

Can someone explain in childish English what this topic means? 

English is not my native language lol

• Like 2

As someone who's had a character on Epic since day one, I can only say that this does go some way to addressing the whole skills transfer from Epic to Freedom, as it stands at the moment at least.

There will have to be some form of 'compensation' applied to characteristic skills though, since my Epic character will lose a significant amount of skill since the formula is based not only on Epic skillgain, but the effects of the effective skill curve as well, so skills which are 'off the curve' should have a different formula.

Overall though, it's a reasonable compromise between a simple 1:1 transfer and a horrible nerf that a simple 2:1 would produce.

At any rate, it does give Epic players a similar option to the Freedom players in regard to playing on both clusters with the same account.

My only question is, is this a one time thing? Or will it always apply when transferring between clusters? 

@LorenaMontanaIt's the formula that will be used to calculate Epic player skills when they transfer to Freedom in the great skills update, basically it's not a simple case of halving our skills, so the more skill you have, the less you lose, (roughly)

• Like 2

Is this retarded skill transfer between Epic and Freedom a one-time thing only? 

Or will players permanently be able to switch between servers and skills will be merged?

Epic to freedom will be one time 

Freedom to epic will always be possible, with allowances for any deaths on epic 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Niki said:

It's so insulting you result to name shaming us saying were capitalists all the time! Stop with that please. Maybe you wouldn't try to make money with your caches but others would.

No I care about bad game decisions which could ultimately kill freedom, just like epic has taken a hit. Thanks, but I simply see the greater picture here I guess.

Because it isn't insulting to have those with a similar mindset to yourself, crying about "But mah markets" and "Mah monies!", painting us all with the same brush?

You're being referred to as a capitalist because that's all your arguments boil down to. The market, and the ability to make money from it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Epic to freedom will be one time 

So if I do this, will my account be the same, skill and statwise when I decide to go back to epic from Freedom?

11 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

So if I do this, will my account be the same, skill and statwise when I decide to go back to epic from Freedom?

i think what they are saying is :

one time skill change from epic to freedom, only higher one get added.

always when you go from freedom to epic your skills from freedom are taken with you, but if you have a higher skill on epic you keep that one on epic

stats i am unsure of.