Sign in to follow this  
mathewjknott

Kingdom issues

Hi all,

I am really new to Wurm so please assume i know nothing about how things are done. 

I am trying to set up a dedicated server and from what I can tell its working OK but I am having a problem with the kingdoms. What I am after is a PvE adventure server.

I have set these settings

PVP - No

Epic settings - Yes

Home Server - Yes

Home Server Kingdom - 4

NPCs - Yes

PvP Spy Prevention - Yes

The trouble is that the towns (Hearth, Winkshir & Litocania) all have their own kingdoms and when visited by a player the guards will attack you.

If I right click on the NPC's I can update their kingdom and they become part of the freedom isles. Any new spawned guards (ghosty guards) spawn as the original kingdom and then attack any that have had there kingdom updated.

Where am I going wrong? 

Edited by mathewjknott

Hello @mathewjknott,

the problem here most likely is that the spawn deeds/spawn villages are not converted to the selected home server kingdom in the server settings. The 'ghost guards' are bound to the deed/village, so you have to disband it. (You can't easily convert deeds to another kingdom at this moment sadly (at least as far as I know))

To do this, teleport yourself to the village token of every spawn village, right-click the token and disband it. You will have to use your Admin/GM account to do this. Once this is done, restart the server and create the spawn villages manually again with additional Admin/GM accounts.

Of course there might be other ways (using mods or database editing) to achieve this, but this should be the easiest and safest way to achieve this.

Edited by Army

Thanks for your reply.

It's a brand new server so if I need to start it again and do something different in the server settings that is not a problem.

When you say about recreating the spawn villages manually, how would I do that? I know how to make a settlement but how would I set it as a spawn settlement?

Also, im guessing these additional admin/GM accounts are just used for making the towns (1 for each town?) and after that, they can be forgotten?

35 minutes ago, mathewjknott said:

When you say about recreating the spawn villages manually, how would I do that? I know how to make a settlement but how would I set it as a spawn settlement?

If you are founding a village with a GM account you will have additional checkboxes during the founding-process that will allow you to make it a permanent settlement and a spawn-settlement for kingdoms.

Your home server kingdom ID is 4, wich is the ID for the 'Freedom' kingdom - so you want to make it a spawn settlement for 'Freedom'.

36 minutes ago, mathewjknott said:

Also, im guessing these additional admin/GM accounts are just used for making the towns (1 for each town?) and after that, they can be forgotten?

Yes, since any account is limited to 1 village max at once you will have to create additional GM accounts for every spawn village you want to create.

Once the spawn village is created you can forget about the account, but you may want to use them later again to change the settlement permissions or other settlement settings.

If you use the server gui to change the power levels of the default GM characters(Brightberry, Ceyer, and Zampooklidin) to 4 or lower you can then use a level 5 GM character to change their password and allow you to login as them. They are by default the mayors of the current settlements and can be used to make the new ones without needing to make new characters.

Edited by Cadh20000
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cadh20000 said:

If you use the server gui to change the power levels of the default GM characters(Brightberry, Ceyer, and Zampooklidin) to 4 or lower you can then use a level 5 GM character to change their password and allow you to login as them. They are by default the mayors of the current settlements and can be used to make the new ones without needing to make new characters.

I can change the power levels using the server GUI as that is how I set my power level so that's, not an issue.

Can you explain how to change their passwords using my main GM5 level account and also how I would log in as them?

Secondly, is there something I should do to protect my main GM5 account? I mean like set it up as a proper account. All I have done is set my name on the game launcher, join the server then exit. Stop the server and give my name GM5 status. If I was to reinstall windows how would I keep access to this account and whats to stop someone else naming their person the same as mine and getting GM5 access? Is it done via steam64 ID?

As explained in Eject's post in "Unlimited Discussion", the command is this: 

#changepassword <playername> <newpassword> - changes the password of a player. In WU the password is a steam-id

*EDIT*

It has to be put into regular chat, not the Console. Also, be aware it is the long ID, not the short ID that is needed. If you login to Steam and check your profile it will be the long string of numbers at the end of the address.

*END EDIT*

The rest of the post/thread has a lot of other useful commands so I'll link it here:

*EDIT*

Lol, I see you found the other method of accessing them. You're viewing it as I type this it says. *END EDIT*

Edited by Cadh20000

Ok i have tried this but the guards still spawn in as the other kingdoms and attack me.

Could it be because I used the Zampooklidin, Ceyer and Brightberry accounts and they are set to the other kingdoms?

If you didn't change their kingdom to match yours first, then yes that would be the problem.

I didnt know how to change there kingdom so created 3 new logins and its all working now. Thanks everyone :)