Sign in to follow this  
moogien

Hobbies / interests , what is yours ?

I like beeing outside in nature and enjoy forest daily campings, walking or by bicycling a few miles.

Mostly i bring my camera and tripod and take shots.

I start with 2 pics.

A day in the woods

bafdcb3c18439234219edfb67245108b.jpg

A photo i took today

11cbe207081853239b847b2f19447c87.jpg

• Like 8

tapestries or cross stitches, model building, as in plastic kits, etc

• Like 3

Very nice.

I am volunteer fire fighter, which is quite a full time hobby

• Like 2

On 16/10/2017 at 0:00 PM, faty said:

XxWjX1r.png

My preciousss

That is one of the nicest Mk2 Golfs I've seen!

Must be one of the few that haven't been cambered and "stanced", I approve of the look you've gone for!

• Like 1

Creating elaborate labyrinths filled with roadkill encased in wax.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

Creating elaborate labyrinths filled with roadkill encased in wax.

Seriously? Grin!

For better or worse, here's what ole Nomad does with his life...

This is my "Office" aka Nomad Cave.  I have my triple monitor gaming PC for Wurm, cause if your going to play a game that looks like it was made in 2004 but needs a 4.2ghz 8-core processor... you might as well go big.  Yes, those are rack servers.  The one on the left is a Poweredge 2950 (Dual 2.66ghz Quad Core Proc, 8gb ram, 2x 500gb sata in raid1).  This is being setup atm to be a download and video conversion machine.  Yes, I know the amber light means there is an error.  It needs a raid battery (on order) and is fussing about not having the second power supply plugged in for redundancy.  The machine on the right is a Poweredge 1950 (Dual 2.0ghz dual-core proc, no ram, no drives).  I purchased this and the previous 2950 for $50 together.  I haven't bought parts for it yet as I'm unsure what I'll do with it... maybe the garage needs another PC?

7nfckUs.jpg

This is my cabinet.  Inside is a dell 24-port switch for overkill and a Poweredge 2950 (dual 2.66ghz quad core proc, 32gb ram, 4x 1tb sata drives in raid10).  More Power!  (insert Tim the Toolman Tailor grunts here).  This hosts my home media server stuff.  Archived progams/files, Movies, Music, and embarrassing photos of the family are all available on our phones, tablets, TVs, and beyond.  Started as a hobby to mess around and is now an impassioned obsession.

nVunDd5.jpg

Yes, I'm American.  Sue me.  Here we have my gun cabinet.  I have two Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifles (dated 1917 and 1921) and one Mosin Nagant M44 rifle (dated 1945).  Not pictured (in the living room hanging up for home defense) is an Enfield No1 Mk3 rifle (dated 1942).  It's not practical I know, being bolt action even with it's 10 round capacity, but its penetrating power is that of an AR15 and there's something about a WWII rifle that is iconic.  My wife has a Bersa Thunder .380 pistol in the bedroom as well, for secondary home defense.  I used to work third shift when we owned our other house years ago and she experienced a break in while I was at work.  We refuse to be victims again.  And yes, aquarium.  I like my fishes.  I have 8 blood-fin tetras inside.

2XZ4Mrs.jpg

I also have a 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, blue with silver ground effects.  It's an ongoing money pit of fun.  Two doors, turbo charged fun, T-Tops, pop-up headlights.... cars just aren't made like they used to be :)

So that's it, I'm a Nerdy Hill Billy Mechanic Murican.  Hope it's not held against me :P  If anyone lives in Ohio, welcome to stop by and visit.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 3

On 5.11.2017 at 3:47 AM, Nomadikhan said:

This is my "Office" aka Nomad Cave.  I have my triple monitor gaming PC for Wurm, cause if your going to play a game that looks like it was made in 2004 but needs a 4.2ghz 8-core processor... you might as well go big.  Yes, those are rack servers.  The one on the left is a Poweredge 2950 (Dual 2.66ghz Quad Core Proc, 8gb ram, 2x 500gb sata in raid1).  This is being setup atm to be a download and video conversion machine.  Yes, I know the amber light means there is an error.  It needs a raid battery (on order) and is fussing about not having the second power supply plugged in for redundancy.  The machine on the right is a Poweredge 1950 (Dual 2.0ghz dual-core proc, no ram, no drives).  I purchased this and the previous 2950 for $50 together.  I haven't bought parts for it yet as I'm unsure what I'll do with it... maybe the garage needs another PC?

7nfckUs.jpg

This is my cabinet.  Inside is a dell 24-port switch for overkill and a Poweredge 2950 (dual 2.66ghz quad core proc, 32gb ram, 4x 1tb sata drives in raid10).  More Power!  (insert Tim the Toolman Tailor grunts here).  This hosts my home media server stuff.  Archived progams/files, Movies, Music, and embarrassing photos of the family are all available on our phones, tablets, TVs, and beyond.  Started as a hobby to mess around and is now an impassioned obsession.

nVunDd5.jpg

Yes, I'm American.  Sue me.  Here we have my gun cabinet.  I have two Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifles (dated 1917 and 1921) and one Mosin Nagant M44 rifle (dated 1945).  Not pictured (in the living room hanging up for home defense) is an Enfield No1 Mk3 rifle (dated 1942).  It's not practical I know, being bolt action even with it's 10 round capacity, but its penetrating power is that of an AR15 and there's something about a WWII rifle that is iconic.  My wife has a Bersa Thunder .380 pistol in the bedroom as well, for secondary home defense.  I used to work third shift when we owned our other house years ago and she experienced a break in while I was at work.  We refuse to be victims again.  And yes, aquarium.  I like my fishes.  I have 8 blood-fin tetras inside.

2XZ4Mrs.jpg

I also have a 1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, blue with silver ground effects.  It's an ongoing money pit of fun.  Two doors, turbo charged fun, T-Tops, pop-up headlights.... cars just aren't made like they used to be :)

So that's it, I'm a Nerdy Hill Billy Mechanic Murican.  Hope it's not held against me :P  If anyone lives in Ohio, welcome to stop by and visit.

uhhh a network and server guy. Very nice stuff, I own a few servers myself, as you can imagine hehe, really nice "hobby"

• Like 1

Mostly just sex, drugs, and rock & roll - but I somehow manage to fit in a few LARP games every year too.

As some of you may have noticed, I have done military service almost 2 years ago and now I continue with my passion in combat medic and field medic area as a volunteer trainer of reservists. Love to work with other voluntary folk who share the same passion. Here some pics... :) 

WF1dKKv.jpg

And also... I love esports!

tiiEqXb.jpg

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 5

Latest purchases are a Diamondback DB15 AR .223/5.56mm NATO and Taurus PT111 G2 9mm.  I hope to get to a range sometime and get these zero'd in.  Haven't shot either yet.  Looking at maybe a light attachment for the pistol's rail and light plus red dot for the rifle.  WIll most likely change the butt stock on the rifle as well.

7MOrQGn.jpg

For when North Korea uses Nuclear EMP strikes over us and Murica goes to crap (joking, hopefully :()

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

Hmm... <looks at Wurm and DeedPlanner>

When it comes to programming my primary areas of interest are (obviously) game development and tools/utilities, but other than that I love procedural generation and image processing/generation. I'm also interested in web development, especially single page applications.

Second primary interest is gaming - I tend to enjoy games that offer hardcore experiences with delayed gratification. Other than Wurm I keep periodically coming back to War Thunder, EVE Online, Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2.

Other than programming and gaming, I enjoy physics, astronomy, geography, history and mountain walking (I live in completely flat area with no mountain or even a hill in over 200 km radius which could be the reason for that, haha).

• Like 2

Honestly I swing wildly between various hobbies and stuff but one solid thing that has pretty much stayed as a constant has been art. A ton of various media but I often find myself Designing tattoos, Surfboards, Longboards and even clothing recently for people. 

d4JIoOn.jpg

I normally favor using heavy ink, charcoal and pastel for my pen and paper designs. 

Spoiler

Y7mMmB5.jpg

7C1G7Lf.jpg

7cLvnw9.jpg

xNFZhRY.jpg

The last couple of days actually I've been finally learning to use a drawing tablet which a friend of mine bought me for my PC awhile back. Honestly it's been like learning to draw again but yesterday I was finally able to finish a couple of things I didn't totally hate. 

Spoiler

oNv1xbc.jpg

kKdd9ep.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/5/2017 at 3:47 AM, Nomadikhan said:

7nfckUs.jpg

nVunDd5.jpg

2XZ4Mrs.jpg

Wow! thats a nice Nomster Cave you got there!

I like going to music festivals in the summertime and go to indoor party's in the colder months..

i have 2 music festivals planned now.. first Awakenings July 1st

And Mysteryland on August 25th

We are still looking for more festivals to go to but we go to both these two every year.

55s950.jpg

4kjtxt.jpg

2yxlulj.jpg

1skq41.jpg

I also like to crash on the couch and watch some Netflix with my two cats.

svntih.jpg

And I have a course of programming in objective-c here that I like to do when my bad concentration lets me. 

Sadly I don't get to do that as much as I want too.

Edited by SweetSusie
  • Like 2

Sometimes, I make things.  Like the worlds smallest smoke machine.

e2fcd9c328b80d18bd90b63e8da78cd4.png

0f42c37547f9a3b9d087e87e24832f36.jpg

My phone doesn't capture the smoke very well, but it pumps out a fair amount.  The whole thing fits in your hand, runs off a rechargable battery (with a USB port, because who doesn't charge stuff via USB), and hasn't blown up even once!

• Like 2

My hobbies mostly revolve around things that make me passive money, mostly investing in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.

EDIT: Speaking of which I have a lot of cash in Micron (MU) and it just went to the moon hahaha

I also love cars, but do not own a decent one because I already have a working vehicle and a nice one costs money.

Edited by FranktheTank

My main hobby is scale modeling in my spare time

Spoiler

zeA9dsK.jpg

6PFp0Q9.jpg
2Gr2osc.jpg

qoHD4Zc.jpg
D2atjNy.jpg

• Like 4

I have a few hobbies. I am an amateur blacksmith. I make chain maille, I do some cross-stitch and right now I'm busy pampering the new woman in my life:

Edited by zethreal
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, zethreal said:

I have a few hobbies. I am an amateur blacksmith. I make chain maille, I do some cross-stitch and right now I'm busy pampering the new woman in my life:

aQsuu5c.jpgaJwQwkG.pngD4Gyv6J.png

'73 Buick LeSabre?

oof so many interests. But I presume my animals (horse & cat), sports (gym/american football - no not from the states, I'm Belgian, long story) & my bike (motorcycle) are the main ones.

Add in some D&D, tabletop, family time, lazy netflix, 3D art disappearing in the woods for a few days, reading and gardening to that, and I realize I spend too much time swapping hobbies.

pics in spoiler

Spoiler

mz9qEYS.jpgBfdv7pD.pngkneuwpH.png7xu2su3.jpgdUazaqS.jpg

• Like 1

I have many hobbies and interests. And also few lifetime passions.

1) Astrophysics/ physics and new technologies science, however there's nothing I can describe in pictures. The only thing i've found are some of my first test pictures of my handmade telescope

https://imgur.com/a/KKD4pa6   But these were only calibration test photos, there's not so much. 

2) Just like aviation and my whole live passion for it. (no photos)

On another hand i have different "home" passions and hobbies, like:

1) Collecting- especially talking about my music collection, CDs, LPs, DVDs, even tapes and VHS tapes. Every realese from my music genre, that is somehow rare, unique (first presses, handnumbered limited version, collector releases, strange editions) is something I'm looking forward to. 

Spoiler

tbQPmVd.jpg wHRJQNX.jpg?1

tNTZBlDl.jpgiK77yZhl.jpg8OVFUzLl.jpg4a4hRQcl.jpg5RWaABCl.jpgjUQH5Uql.jpg

14468357_1202130829825233_48761885423101

There are hundreds, maybe thousands releases like that in my collection.

2) Another passion is collecting and paitning miniatures for battle games, especially LOTR. I have to admit, i just barely returned to it after few years on hold. So I'm not impressed with my painting skills. I'm still improving tho!

Spoiler

BPHkCvvl.jpgxqIsuRml.jpgYArqQXCl.jpg?1Oz439m2l.jpg?1LSGwg8Ll.jpg?26D7qshKl.jpg?131gevkhl.jpg4EF15kKl.jpgmsGV8bwl.jpg

Like in case of music, there are hundreds or even thousands miniatures from almost every LOTR army + not lotr related ones, like viking big guy above.

3) ASG/ military

Description is needles

Spoiler

894877_642887952416193_1016671305_o.jpg?250470_543598449011811_213397450_n.jpg?_1001323_553400401364949_1557042428_n.jpg

These are some of my lifetimepassions. I can't submit all of them, and also there are some hobbies that i've lost my passion for, such as 3D design...

Many years ago i've been all about 3D graphic, FX and so on... but when it turned into my work i've lost my heart for it entirely. So for many years i haven't make anything. Only one art in past few months to create a part of logo for myself.

Spoiler

nSB3PCsl.jpgJpDxsBvl.pngk8DZM49l.jpg

It was fully animated with dynamic weather and lights (city lights as well), but I think i erased it and pretty much don't wanna lose another day and night for rendering whole....

Did i mentioned bicycle, and thousands kilometers driven every year on different bicycles? 

HpsFBqy.jpg

Edited by Alkhadias