Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

Nightly Connection Issues

The last three nights I have had issues at almost exactly the same time. The first night (Thursday) it was just a lot of severe lag. Friday night I went down hard, and couldn't connect to the forums or the game. I did some trace routing, and here found that there were issues starting at NYK 10 (206.130.10.xxx) to Hetzner (81.95.15x.xxx) and continuing on to your server. I took some snapshots, but cut off the IP where x is). The second trace showed issues again at NYK (206.130.xxx.xxx) and drop.

Three nights in a row, same hop getting dorched. 

*edited to add, I am going from Columbus, Ohio...)

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 2

same issues here (west coast), i started doing tracert and watching for it to change then i know i can log in.  there are a few hops that are bogging down so bad nothing wurm will work, but everything else does.  Once the internet re-routes things work, but it's been a repetitive issue lately.

• Like 2

On Independence.

Been happening to me. Not sure if it's same exact time every day tho. I'm EST too. Tonight (14Oct2017) it happened to me at around 9:12 PM for some minutes. I was pushed off of Wurmoline. I did not try a tracert this time, but I did use ping. Was not able to get good pings to www.wurmonline.com, and Wurm forums would not open for me. The other websites I tried to access worked fine for me. Ping'n www.google.com gave good ping results. My internet connection was good.

This is not the normal server back up time for me.

Sort of frustrating this seems to only affect me, sometimes, seems that way on freedom chat. This time tho, there were others in Freedom chat had same issue so they said.

Thanks for this thread Champagnedragon o7

• Like 1

Now I'm really ticked. ALMOST to the point of not paying another fkin dime to this game until this gets fixed.

Think you actually missed a night of connection issues. Nope. Go do a mission. Simple mission, up a small path, do ritual, back into boat. Nope. D/C and can't reconnect because the server won't accept the connection, and come back to red light.

Seriously??

A ######in week. A whole ######in week. 

Get your ###### together.

ChampagneDragon, there is little Wurm Online can do about internet issues.  They can go to their hosting service and let them know of the problem, but that is about it.  It could be anything from a hardware problem to a DOS attack on a node, but the Wurm staff cannot do anything about those problems.  They have to wait, just as upset as you if not moreso, and wait until the issue gets resolved.  And shouting that they should change hosting services does not help, they have done that before.

22 minutes ago, Vroomfondel said:

ChampagneDragon, there is little Wurm Online can do about internet issues.  They can go to their hosting service and let them know of the problem, but that is about it.  It could be anything from a hardware problem to a DOS attack on a node, but the Wurm staff cannot do anything about those problems.  They have to wait, just as upset as you if not moreso, and wait until the issue gets resolved.  And shouting that they should change hosting services does not help, they have done that before.

Not so sure about that. Route tables are updated often, usually in 48 hours. So sometimes when there is a new server address there will be issues resolving the name. We saw this when they migrated. It *appears* that the connection from Hetzner is being rejected for some reason. If that is the case, then yes, it is on Wurm. 

And the biggest frustration is NOT ONE WORD. Not one word about any troubleshooting. If someone had come on and say "yes, we know and we're working on the issue" or "we've traced the problem to xx". But no. Instead many of us face NIGHTLY connection issues (it's fine during the day or really late at night). It's so bad that I KNEW better than to leave the safety of my deed, and that makes Wurm much less fun.

Edited by ChampagneDragon

Ok, happened again to me. This time was a longer disconnect time period.

At about 10:04 PM EST, on 20 Oct 2017, I caught a heavy lag. I could not enter gates/doors. My right click drop down menu's were not opening, and my horse was riding odd/backwards.

So I logged out.

Then I could not log back in. Not only could I not log into wurmonline (the log on window opened very slowly, then would not allow log on), but I could not access/open any Wurm pages in my web browsers (IE11 & Firefox 56.0.1). Pings were all resulting in fails to wurmonline, the forms page, and wurmpedia page. Tracerts showed severe hindrences and many many request time outs.

Wurm did not work for me until 11:20 PM EST.

I am running a Windows 10 computer in Ohio (EST).

Something is happening, and yes this should get fixed. Of course if this continues, I'll find somewhere else to spend my time. I hope you find/fix this issue.

I do have tracert screenies if you think that will help I can send them to you. Glad to be of service if so, let me know.

TeeeBOMB

Edited by TeeeBOMB
add words, fixed a mis spelling

Tonite I got kicked out of Wurm and can't log back in.  I get connection denied, The Server is not available...  Came here looking to see if anyone else was having issues.....

4 minutes ago, Mitzie said:

Tonite I got kicked out of Wurm and can't log back in.  I get connection denied, The Server is not available...  Came here looking to see if anyone else was having issues.....

Pristine is down.

39 minutes ago, BrandonSF said:

Pristine is down.

Next time it happens run a tracert to wurmonline. Look for where it hangs up.

It's Wurm as a whole, and seems to be location specific (central and Eastern US, EU not affected).

For some reason Wurm is not allowing connections from Hetzner at certain times. Not sure if Hetzner is getting overwhelmed or if there's a different issue. I can't believe it's an "overwhelm" issue, as it happens to so many all at once. 

Oh, and at the last minute I decided to rift, since it has been stable the last few days. MISTAKE. Same time, d/c. Can't relog. Come back to a dead horse, and 2/3 of the rift missed, so no resources.

I'm in Arizona, USA and got disconnected again last night for couple hours where couldn't get back into game, wurmpedia.com, forums, nothing.  Second time it's happened to me this week.

Do a traceroute and it's all good until it hits Hetzner then packet loss and 1k pings.

3 times for me to this month.  not playing every day so could have been more. 5-8pm mountain time canada, seems to be issue. and that sucks cus i can only play 5-9pm work days lol