Sign in to follow this  
Sila

Speed bonus for wagons and carts on highway!

adding 5+kmh for traveling on catseyed highway.  simple and one more reason for ppl to use em.  

• Like 1

-1 Sorry I would rather only runes and horse gear affect speed as many other likely do

• Like 1

already have runes and hell horses to make your wagon quicker

• Like 1

+1 But I think +5km/h is a bit too much, maybe +2km/h. The quality of a road surface really does translate into higher  speeds for wheeled vehicles in real life (I speak from cycling experience), so why not in Wurm too?

47 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

+1 But I think +5km/h is a bit too much, maybe +2km/h. The quality of a road surface really does translate into higher  speeds for wheeled vehicles in real life (I speak from cycling experience), so why not in Wurm too?

because horse speeds fluctuate enough along with every minor bump in the road changing your speed I would hate to see pavement changing the speed as well each time you are just a bit off the highway 

possible alternate choice would be make cart/wagon speeds affected by quality of vehicle much like boats are now affected, give people a reason to imp stuff to 90

• Like 4

+1 on highways and ql affecting speed of carts and wagons. But +5 just because you're on highway seems a bit much though..

On 10/14/2017 at 3:52 PM, JakeRivers said:

because horse speeds fluctuate enough along with every minor bump in the road changing your speed I would hate to see pavement changing the speed as well each time you are just a bit off the highway 

possible alternate choice would be make cart/wagon speeds affected by quality of vehicle much like boats are now affected, give people a reason to imp stuff to 90

I like this.

+1 highways are a lot of work and dont really provide much gain exept a straight (sometimes) line from point A to point B ... even paved road dont seem to add that much speed since the horses and carts slow down with bumps in the road left and right so yea... extra speed / stabilised speeds at highway to give them a bonus over protection of the pavement wouldnt hurt. (+1 kmh per 10s of ql from the catseyes? like guard towers add guards depending of QL to a max of ql 50, this way high ql highway would give more speed) basicly seeing a result on the work done would be nice...

also +1 to speed linked to cart / wagon ql adding speed like for boats now.

and for the record not everyone can have have ql 90 with 100 woa shoes and saddle and 5 speed hellhorses pulling your cart. think a bit of the new people with a solo wild horse on a cart trying to escape a troll... using the highway speed could save them from losing it all...

• Like 2

On 10/16/2017 at 10:10 PM, armyskin said:

+1 to ql of cart/wagon affecting speed

I’d like quality of cart to effect the speed of the wagon more than anything.  I think that a road a paved road tile should reduce damage to a cart or wagon passing over it.  

Suggestion:

Basically damage on unpaved tile should be like 0.001 per tile traversed. Multiplied by tile slope. Divided by quality of the cart/wagon.

a paved road would give a 1 in 6 chance of no damage whatsoever.

*wagons should receive x2 damage off road for the longer bodies, dual axles and additional horse rigging.

imho

8 hours ago, Ekib said:

and for the record not everyone can have have ql 90 with 100 woa shoes and saddle and 5 speed hellhorses pulling your cart. think a bit of the new people with a solo wild horse on a cart trying to escape a troll... using the highway speed could save them from losing it all...

^that.

Maybe 5kph is a lot, but the concept itself is good I think.

+1 to OP.

For those who wouldn't want this to throw the other speed bumps over the top... make the speed increase of a highway inversely proportional to the speed of the cart without highway.

A cart in terrible shape would benefit most from traveling on a highway.  The 90ql land rover cart with gold rims, bouncin' suspension and flames coming out the horses' collective bums doesn't need the boost if you make QL affect speed.  That much we can all agree on.

• Like 2

-1 from me. Need to be careful here with cart/wagon speed. Else we soon get that in Wurm a truck like a large cart is as fast as a racecar (well geared 5-speed horse).

+5km/h is way too much I think. Current top speed is not bad if geared and imped/runed properly, I would even give some penalty if not on paved roads.

Need to be careful with speeds, (I may reiterate myself sorry) most servers getting too small if you can traverse it in a few minutes.

16 hours ago, Jaz said:

+5km/h is way too much I think. Current top speed is not bad if geared and imped/runed properly, I would even give some penalty if not on paved roads.

Need to be careful with speeds, (I may reiterate myself sorry) most servers getting too small if you can traverse it in a few minutes.

even at 38k takes me a few minutes to run down to visit your tree's ;)

46k if I just take out the miserable hell beast on its own

I would be leary of any bonus above 1km/h for a protected highway because I would rather see that bonus applied to paved flat tiles instead. I feel that is a nice benefit for the time put in to level a stretch of road.

• Like 1

-1 to buff on highways

but +1 to nerf outside highways

same thing, without constantly ramping up the numbers.