Sign in to follow this  
Marciano

Cant connect to Wurmonline.com

Today I left for work and all was going fine as far as playing wurm.

Upon return 6 hrs later I cannot connect to any part of the webaite or launch the game. 

My connection is fine and all other websites are working. I am typing this on my phone which seems to have no issue, but is on a seperate internet connection??

When I run troubleshooter it states my connection is fine but that Wurm online is not available?

Any ideas?

I am having trouble connecting to the game but the website is working fine for me. 

Edited by Kegan

I was bumped off mid-meditation a few hours ago.  Connection to the forums, wiki and the game itself was spotty at best.    It seems stable now however.

It is seems issue related to specific areas or countries, not sure but for several hours I couldn't open website , forums , launchers etc, nothing was working. Was talking to my friends and those who are from USA having same issues, people from other countries are fine.

So, anyone knows what happened ? It seems working now, at least website and forum , I am going to try to login now, hope be able to play.

3 hrs could not get online, nor to any website, wurm forums and wurmpieda ,  none were working.  NO INFO on WURM TWITTER nor FACEBOOK.  would be nice to the site was down for some reason and they know about it and working on it.

wurm widget wasn't working either.

but all seems back online now and game working for me too

oh maybe a shark cut the line between north america and the  UK  lol

• Like 1

Ya I am easy coast USA and it jst let me on after about a hour, thanks guys

I am getting in now too seem like it is working itself out now. 

Well, I am on west coast of USA and Validate seems from Canada. Hope someone has explanation.

Tampa Florida, so yup another East coast USA user here that had issues earlier, but I seem very stable now.

Same here near west coast couldn't login to wurmpedia, forums or game, but now works.

i got to play an hour at least bed time now 0.3 fine carp gain,  could have had 0.9 lol if i had the 3 extra hrs . ;-(

I also was having problems with connecting and the web sites however everything else i tried on the internet worked fine. 

I traced the route and there were several hops that were going either very slow or timing out.  Once i was able to get into the game i traced it again and it was a totally different route.  My guess would be an issue with one of the connections along the way and it has been re-routed.  Several hours later it's still working and still on the new route, hopefully it holds. 

West Coast USA, Comcast for internet.  Right now it's showing me going from here to amsterdam then to hetzner, usually it shows east coast hops but they are absent.

So, everything seems working again but can someone tell us what really happened and what to do to avoid it in future ?

So far this is the only explanation that we have for now LOL

On 10/13/2017 at 7:08 PM, validate said:

oh maybe a shark cut the line between north america and the  UK  lol

At the time, the server I play on (Sklotopolis) was having this exact issue also, and i believe they use the same host as WurmOnline. In any extent, most of the connection issues affected certain players in the USA (and possibly certain ISPs), i could not find anything in news reports about a huge problem so i checked on internet traffic report sites, and they were showing at that time 100% packet loss at certain spots 

100% packet losses reported at:

California (Anaheim)
Canada (Vancouver)
Georgia
Kansas (Lenexa)
Michigan (Ypsilanti)
New Jersey (Atlantic City)
New York (NYC)
Ohio (Cincinnati)
Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)
Texas (Pampa)
Virginia (Ashburn)
Washington (Seattle)
Wisconsin (Elkhorn)

Yet on their global Overview page, they were giving USA/NAmericsa a very good score (97 green)

I don't know how that works exactly but its clearly not anything under Code Club's control. Some people reported they were able to connect by using  i think a VPN/proxy, that succeeded in routing their connection a different route. I may have been unlucky having Comcast or it may just be that the main route between me and the European servers was unlucky, though usually I think providers just automatically reroute traffic when a certain route is 'down,' so i am not clear why this did not happen that day.  I guess it's like if that one interstate highway on your way home has a 32-car smashup, people not needing to use that specific highway are not affected, people who are technically savvy know how to divert to backroad country lanes, but most of us unlucky enough have no option but to sit there and wait it out.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors