Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Feedback on transfers: New map with both freedom and epic able to transfer???

Going to keep this very short and sweet with some quotes with concerns from people.

The ideas we have are good but in reality they do not work with our map because OUR MAP IS DONE. Unless you allow hell horses to swim, put up GM protected bridges across Elevation where nobody can deed within 200 tiles and other cringey mechanics to get people to push out more, you just have to accept the players opinion, the map is done. No goals. Lines are drawn, deeds are placed, we're all ok with what we got. 

You need a new map to refresh this attitude alongside the cool updates. 

Now, if you aren't willing to do this and Epic aren't able to cross to Freedom without penalty, then i suggest the following:

Either a new map 

OR

The changes shouldn't be on Epic but instead a new single map where both freedom and epic can cross to.
(Couldn't this be a better solution and more fair to all?)

quotes from epic players:

"right now

it's like
epic gained a ton of new strong ass accounts
and the people who put their time in to epic didn't gain anything
which might be selfish of me idk
but most of the crusader accounts like dadd warrior etc stomp the ###### out of ------ on epic"

"also i think elevation will prevent people from trying it out
because they'll literally only be thinking of the people already dug in
with dirt walls the scrape the sky etc
Like when mrc ruled chaos
and no one came over to to do anything
because they were dug in everywhere"

"with the fresh map everyone has the same chance to get strategic points(things elevation doesn't have) deeded explore etc"

Feed back??

can we all add reasons why the current map is bad?

I started with why the current map is bad, I want 50 bad points for this!

1. Map is flat. 2. Map has no goals. 3. Map has no strategic spots. 4. Kingdoms are layed out 5. Kingdoms are dug in 6. Any raid against a deed will take weeks of effort to disband. 7. To raid you need horses, Vd/Rome have but nobody else will 8. Influence from VD spread across the map so new deeds will be hard 9. VD have had 2 years uncontested to cover the map with influence 10. Any spots where the islands can cross, are blocked by deeds. 11. Not enough spots to cross to islands. 12. Any missions with the new valrei can not be done cause of enemy island, island is blocked by deed. 13. hellhorses cant swim so you cant roam 80% of the map 14. Hh is a requirement for pvp and roaming so you can't particpate for atleast 2 months until you got a horse, leaving you under handed. 15. if you pop enemy you can escape any direction 16. Map has no natural choke points 17. map has no conquest points 18. It's full of trees. 19. All good spots taken by enemy, so you have months of effort or have to settle for bad spots. 20. 85% of Epic players don't want to come back because of the map 21. The map is too big 22. The map cannot support multiple kingdoms, because of the lack of bridges
Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 14

I'm hyped as f... that they're doing this but with all the kingdom infrastructure already on Elevation its going to make it hard for people to come in. Allowing deeds right on the edge of HOTA has always been a dumb idea and I'd prefer that a no build zone be put around it so people can't lock it down as they already do now.

New map 100%

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 5

yeah, we talked about this last night and my thoughts are

as both an epic and chaos player (mainly epic, switched a few months ago to full time grinding on chaos) I don't think its fair or practical/fun to keep elevation the same, nor changing it to chaos map or reverting to old ele as each playerbase has advantages over others

we really need a well-built scenario/pvp catalyst map that can also be fun conquest wise, but not so big that missions become tedious as hell (as they are now)

truly would think its foolish for a map reset to not come with all of these changes

• Like 6

These updates go SO NICELY with a new map, MANY old players will come back for a new map, MANY won't if there is no new map. The only thing got me interested, is the new valrei system, but that doesn't include map wide goals.

There are no strategic points on elevation, because it's FLAT. look at chaos, it's been going on for years and you can still find a strategic spot to fight over.

+1 - what about that new map finally get the original idea of periodic resets? Not as frequent as challenge ofc

• Like 1

+1 new map , and Im one that probably wont come back , or will come back but not for long, if there is no map reset.

+1

New map please. I know a few people who will get butterflies in their lower bellies for that and will return.

• Like 2

I think it would bring more people over if you had reset maps for sure now if they stay or not is another story. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I have to agree with this new update there should be a new map witch give's everyone a chance including new people that came over  . Only time would tell if people stayed 

• Like 1

This update is the perfect time for a new map, and the problems with the existing map are well documented.

If the update is successful and a lot of players come to Epic and start building deeds, there will be more resistance to a map reset. But in time those players will come to see the problems with the current Elevation. It's just setting up a bad situation down the line.Take advantage of the current low population counts to give Elevation a map that encourages open-field pvp rather than deed-based landbridge wars.

Ausimus has designed a number of good maps for WU - so seems the obvious choice to design a new Elevation.

• Like 6

+1 Talor.

I think they should ANNOUNCE the plans to reset the map so at least players know weather to go ahead and deed heavy or not.

• Like 1

new map, and pls ,make it 2k x 2k or a max of 4k x 4k. Anything larger is a waste of time. Even if there is a large player base, it's just so much better with the enemy at your doorstep rather than an hours horse ride.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2017 at 10:41 AM, Mclavin said:

ONCE THEY ANNOUNCE A NEW MAP, THIS IS WHAT WE'RE ALL GONNA DO

I second this, it'll be the first time id have done so since early last year

• Like 2

+1 for new smaller map

less place = more encounters between players, and please do not make it flat like Elevation

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

+1 for new smaller map

less place = more encounters between players, and please do not make it flat like Elevation

Biggest problem ended up being late game elevation with all the forests, amoung other issues. I didn't mind how flat it was but I guess that resulted in less choke points. 90% of its choke points were where the islands connected and it was just horrible haha.

• Like 1

If they made new map, maybe we can bring back whole WarCry to the game : P

• Like 3

Can I suggest adding chaos on the epic cluster? Removing the issue altogether? Put chaos as the current elevation map with a map reset.  Both servers win that way.  Will take crap for the bad idea but just a suggestion.

• Like 1

I'm sceptical of this new epic direction, but a new map would sustain the momentum for much longer and create yet another land grab.

Go with a new map for sure, smaller is better, consider a 1024 x 1024, make it intense so people run into each other constantly etc and you will have a winner. Anything larger then 1024 with less then 100 concurrent people is just too big a map IMHO.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 2

I hear talks of maybe a new map.

Its very important to get it 100% from the devs.

We gettin a new map? Or not?

Give us something to hold onto @Retrograde

• Like 7

can we all add reasons why the current map is bad?

I started with why the current map is bad, I want 50 bad points for this!

1. Map is flat. 2. Map has no goals. 3. Map has no strategic spots. 4. Kingdoms are layed out 5. Kingdoms are dug in 6. Any raid against a deed will take weeks of effort to disband. 7. To raid you need horses, Vd/Rome have but nobody else will 8. Influence from VD spread across the map so new deeds will be hard 9. VD have had 2 years uncontested to cover the map with influence 10. Any spots where the islands can cross, are blocked by deeds. 11. Not enough spots to cross to islands. 12. Any missions with the new valrei can not be done cause of enemy island, island is blocked by deed. 13. hellhorses cant swim so you cant roam 80% of the map 14. Hh is a requirement for pvp and roaming so you can't particpate for atleast 2 months until you got a horse, leaving you under handed. 15. if you pop enemy you can escape any direction 16. Map has no natural choke points 17. map has no conquest points 18. It's full of trees. 19. All good spots taken by enemy, so you have months of effort or have to settle for bad spots. 20. 85% of Epic players don't want to come back because of the map 21. The map is too big 22. The map cannot support multiple kingdoms, because of the lack of bridges

• Like 4