Sign in to follow this  
Batta

RESOLVED: Mines unusable - can see underside of surface

@Maelux @Sklo:D 

First, I'm not sure what it means to "replace flags.map" -- what do I replace it with?  Do I replace it with another version of flags.map?  If so, where do I find one?

@bdew @frozenjim

Secondly, tonight I think we discovered our first serious clue about what's going on. We already determined that we can't use any of the mines in the lower 50% of our Ocrea map, and that any new mines we open there have the same graphics glitch.  Tonight we learned that many of the ores and veins in the WORKING (i.e. Northern) mines are giving much lower QL than what they prospect at.  For example, when we prospect on one of our marble veins, it says 97 QL max, and before the update we were getting up to 97 QL shards.  Now, however, we are maxing out at 53, even for a player with over 99 Mining skill and over 99 QL pickaxe.

Just on a hunch, I tried typing "serversize 1024" in the console.  I did this because LiveMap mod normally requires us to type "serversize 2048" in order for the LiveMap to show the correct QL of the ores in the mines.  If you type the wrong "serversize" then it normally gives you the wrong QL on the LiveMap.  However, when we now type "serversize 1024" instead of the correct "serversize 2048" it gives us the same max ore QL that we are actually getting from these glitched mines.  

That's a big clue, right?  I hope so.  This is a major issue for our server.  With the entire lower 50% of the world unusable for mining, and the top 50% giving glitched ore QL, I'm getting worried that our players will start to feel like they've had it with us.  Please, is anyone out there able to help?

1 hour ago, Batta said:

First, I'm not sure what it means to "replace flags.map" -- what do I replace it with?  Do I replace it with another version of flags.map?  If so, where do I find one?

Replace flags.map

that can be found in Creative directory of your server.

by the exact  file that can be found in your client installation c/program files/steam/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/Creative/

At least this, worked for me and for others with the same problem...

Edited by Maelux

6 minutes ago, Maelux said:

Replace flags.map

that can be found in Creative directory of your server.

by the exact  file that can be found in your client installation c/program files/steam/steamapps/common/WurmUnlimited/WurmServerLauncher/Creative/

At least this, worked for me and for others with the same problem...

Thanks for the tip.  Since I'm using a server host, though, I don't have any files on my C: drive.  I'll try asking the host to replace the file for me, and see how that goes.