Sign in to follow this  
Roninn

Skill loss after server reset

Back on 9/29 I received a meditation .0537 tick using a high circle of cunning rug and sleep bonus, this was minutes before a server reset. When I logged back in after the reset I had lost the skill gain I just received. I guess the minute or two before the server reset wasn’t saved properly. The next day I went out with two other players and did three missions which gave us each 1.5 hours of sleep bonus. I logged off and went out. I logged back in later that night from a different location using my laptop. I noticed the sleep bonus I received earlier was missing and it looked like at least one of the missions was back on the mission progress list. I checked with one of the players I was doing missions with and they did not lose any of the sleep bonus.

I was notified I will not be getting my skill gain or the sleep bonus back which is ok but moving forward I hope this can be fixed. As many of you know the meditation skill takes a very long time to grind and losing any skill is extremely frustrating.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:09 PM, Roninn said:

I was notified I will not be getting my skill gain or the sleep bonus back which is ok but moving forward I hope this can be fixed. As many of you know the meditation skill takes a very long time to grind and losing any skill is extremely frustrating.

I had reported this bug years ago. I'm pretty sure it happens with other skills besides meditation, but meditation is the only one that I really pay attention to because of the dismal gains and all of the wasted time with no skill tick.

I've had meditation skill taken from me both from the server going down for a planned reboot and because the server hamster gave up. You obviously can't plan for the hamster giving up, but now I actively avoid meditating when we get the orange text saying the server is going down in [xx] minutes.