Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

One Time Skill Transfer from Epic to Freedom

Please.

Let me escape the dead cluster I've been chained to for so many years.

Don't make me start over on Freedom like this.

Why can't Epic players receive equal rights? Why are our skills so unacceptable? Is my years of play so worthless and a Freedom player's so much more valuable?

Please let me leave Epic with my skills.

• Like 12

Maybe if they cut your total exp 1/2, but you're on sleep bonus rates for the whole time on epic, personally it doesn't bother me but I can't  see many people appreciating that. 

The misconception that epic is easier already created a strong resistance, with the coming changes this suggestion stands no chance

ever

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

The misconception that epic is easier already created a strong resistance, with the coming changes this suggestion stands no chance

ever

To a degree it very much so is, which should be accounted for if the skill is still within that range.

The discussion about doing so is still ongoing, and there's cases for both sides. I hope to find a good and suitable medium, and I'm happy to take any and all feedback to the discussions.

Please do keep it constructive though

Whats the case for allowing converting for just freedomers? Their play time is all of a sudden deemed twice as important compared to epic players. They can freely play on both clusters but not us? Plus they always had, until recently when epic got freedom characteristics skill gains, easier body skills. If you have a beast account on epic you actually grinded longer then on freedom, something you understand if you understand the curve. Anything else then the abillity to transfer skills equally between both clusters would be insulting.

Dont even consider giving us a skill nerf if freedomers dont get one when they convert.

Edited by permo
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

ever

Misconception that its easier? Well I'm an example, I thought it was easier to grind on epic due to increased skill gain? Would you mind elaborating on it for me? 

As a freedomer whose epic side has never seen the light of day (thus this suggestion offers 0 benefit to me)...

+1

I think it only fair that epic natives get a one time transfer option (i.e. the first time you do a transfer it checks if you are going from epic to freedom, if this is so then perform the "highest skill/stat" transfer and set a flag saying it is no logner the first, otherwise just set the flag (to avoid freedomers taking advantage))

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tehangel2 said:

Misconception that its easier? Well I'm an example, I thought it was easier to grind on epic due to increased skill gain? Would you mind elaborating on it for me? 

There are literally dozens of players that have done major skill grinds on both clusters that have given statements about it being easier on Freedom. There is just something in the mechanics that makes it harder to get higher level skills on Epic than on Freedom.

Personal testimonies aside, every time I've heard this brought up with a developer it has been denied. So there is little to no hope of things actually being equal.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The discussion about doing so is still ongoing, and there's cases for both sides. I hope to find a good and suitable medium, and I'm happy to take any and all feedback to the discussions.

Please do keep it constructive though

Give me an account with 100 sleep powders on Epic, 20x 100coc pickaxes and a 10k vein of each kind and i will prove every single epic player that grinding certain skills in epic is easier all the way to 100. And if it turns out i was wrong, i will completely support the idea.

Every single epic player saying its harder to grind is talking nonsense, im giving you a way let me prove it and nobody lets me do it because everyone is afraid of the truth.

Its because of the curve, the skill ticks are acting as if you are on a higher skill then you are which makes it slower. Well epic is faster up to 50 and way slower 90+

3 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Give me an account with 100 sleep powders on Epic, 20x 100coc pickaxes and a 10k vein of each kind and i will prove every single epic player that grinding certain skills in epic is easier all the way to 100. And if it turns out i was wrong, i will completely support the idea.

Every single epic player saying its harder to grind is talking nonsense, im giving you a way let me prove it and nobody lets me do it because everyone is afraid of the truth.

If I am understanding you correctly... you have never played on Epic.

Yet you are calling everyone that has played on Epic... AND played on Freedom... liars.

Bold.

Why should you be given all that to prove something so many others have already attested to?

• Like 2

How many 100 skill titles been unlocked on epic compared to freedom?

The curve actually has a lot of misconceptions, along with the idea it makes all skills more difficult. For skills which the difficulty can be raised, such as mining, farming, digging, any imping skill, etc. It's easy to maintain the same tick frequency as freedom and thus have the full bonus for the 2x skillgain.

For skilling on epic to be worse than on the optimum freedom a tick frequency of 25% would be needed.

This means that in most scenarios epic will be faster skilling than Freedom up to a point of 2x, but usually sitting more around 1.5x or so

Calculating the appropriate skill levels for a transfer to and from freedom should be easy enough for folks that have all the code in hand.  Even if you are 10-15% off, you are still going to be close enough to satisfy anyone that is desperate to make the move.

This really needs to happen..

What I've never been able to swallow is the power grinders of epic saying they can't figure out how to change the difficulty rating while they grind. For milling? yeah ok it sucks. For most things... you can.

- 1 no way to transfer epic skill to freedom...   too easy gained... half of em is ok  

Edited by Sila

7 minutes ago, Sila said:

- 1 no way to transfer epic skill to freedom...   too easy gained... half of em is ok  

Der Takin' Our Jerbs!

I'm so tired of this excuse.

You know what? Don't make me start a thread about refusing Freedom skill transfers to Epic because they've 10 years to work on them while Epic has only been alive half of that. Or that Epic stamina is nerfed horribly compared to Freedom.

Epic players have been treated like second class citizens in this game since day one. And now Freedom gets to come over and get the full benefit of their play while Epic players get nothing. Worse than nothing, they are trapped.

Just wipe the Epic playerbase then. I mean we obviously don't matter, our accomplishments are inferior. We don't deserve respect or equal treatment.

So just wipe the current Epic playerbase, entirely. And let Freedom transfer all their accounts over to make a 'real' Epic cluster.

At this point thats only like... what... 50 accounts? Thats totally acceptable right. Especially compared to the 100s of Freedom accounts that will surely come over.

Yup, that is solid math. We'll call this plan the 'Epic Final Solution'.

You don't even have to round us up, because we are all trapped on the cluster.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sila said:

So I've lost my deeds, my group, my animals, and my items, from waiting around for Epic to pick up again. Why should I also lose half my skills that I've spent the last 5 years grinding?

• Like 2

Current arrangement definitly is not fair. It needs to be changed to count for both sides and with both having a recalculation set for characteristics and skills if one side truly has easier gains.

1 hour ago, Maxthx said:

If I am understanding you correctly... you have never played on Epic.

Yet you are calling everyone that has played on Epic... AND played on Freedom... liars.

Bold.

Why should you be given all that to prove something so many others have already attested to?

Because code says differently, so why would so many of you experience something different than what the code says it does?

I will keep saying this, give me the ability to test this with GM help and i will prove which side is right.

Just now, whykillme said:

Because code says differently, so why would so many of you experience something different than what the code says it does?

I will keep saying this, give me the ability to test this with GM help and i will prove which side is right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just because the code says so, doesn't always make it so in WO.

I'd say those who have actually tried both sides have more experience with the matter than those who have only looked at the code.

• Like 3

Just do it, make the community whole again.

No item transfer or anything made of moonmetal, drake or scale or valrei items should be permitted obviously.

Edited by Niki