Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

One Time Skill Transfer from Epic to Freedom

also, i'll second what someone else already said

why is this talk even still going on, retro already stamped it with its non approval stamp, items aren't going anywhere

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

nobody said we didnt have moon metal

we said you're obnoxious and misinformed if you think we have 30000000000000000000000000000000000000000% more

That is 30000000000000000000000000000000000000000% more compared to the average freedom player of at least 3 years. Most rifts give a partial lump out, and even one person attends all of them and actually gets a reward from it (which isn't at all likely) they might have 10 or so lumps per year!

On epic, this would take a few months if even. This debate is a joke, it does need it's own thread I think!

I don't see why it needs it's own thread, unless you want us to say no there too? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

also, i'll second what someone else already said

why is this talk even still going on, retro already stamped it with its non approval stamp, items aren't going anywhere

Because I wont allow the shenanigans to misinform others. Also I am not even sure I believe items aren't going anywhere, things change. Epic to freedom character transfers for example. Point?

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Most rifts give a partial lump out, and even one person attends all of them and actually gets a reward from it (which isn't at all likely) they might have 10 or so lumps per year!

haha what the lump is guaranteed and every single rift I have done has given like 80%+ weight lumps

to get 10 lumps a year would be to do 10 rifts in a year

• Like 1

Just now, Niki said:

Because I wont allow the shenanigans to misinform others. Also I am not even sure I believe items aren't going anywhere, things change. Epic to freedom character transfers for example. Point?

Nothing has changed about that, we said from the start it was a matter of working out how to do it.

Flat out unequivocal no

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I don't see why it needs it's own thread, unless you want us to say no there too? 

who needs the new skills archeology then

when everyone gets screwed over you can just dig through all the disbanded deeds for treasure without having to grind a new skill

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

You mean like you're attempting, and failing I might add, to misinform others about our mythical tonnes of moonmetal, our endless dragon armour, or our magical fountain that spits out tomes to every passerby who emotes at it.

1 minute ago, Firestarter said:

You mean like you're attempting, and failing I might add, to misinform others about our mythical tonnes of moonmetal, our endless dragon armour, or our magical fountain that spits out tomes to every passerby who emotes at it.

Same back at you I guess?

I get that you want to bring your fantastics to freedom or whatever, I understand I do. I get the attachment of items. However the solution to this makes more sense to just do a full merge instead of skirting around it with technical bandaids that wont hold in a few years, epic will probably likely die again. I think new players will face this challenge again not being able to play with people. What does that mean exactly? Well you push the maps directly next to chaos borders. I feel like the portal back and forth and the skill retention doesn't make sense currently. That would fix it, one character, all the pvp, one game, one community, one market.

Allow moon metal to be easily gained with epic mechanics on chaos/freedom. They'd have to give the tomes treatment as well. Then sure, bring all the items cause they don't mean anything then. That would be fine. I'm serious, this would also fix entry pvp with not having access to drake/scale like freedom. Use your moon metal plate, then pvp till your hearts content. It would fix the outrageous tome prices. 

48 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

There are no items on Epic that cannot be gained on Freedom, so there goes that flimsy argument of yours.

Like Niki, you assume that everyone's out to sell their items. No, we really aren't. Perhaps that's a sign of your own desires.

Like I pointed out in my reply to Niki, I'd bring a handful of items that I have some sentimental attachment too, not forgetting these are the only items I have left now, like my primary equipment. I can look at it and go "I remember using it in a fight with this person" or "I remember slaying the Champion Troll King with this".

Not making arguments and honesty don't care that much, you just seem to be acting like and ###### about it, so voicing concerns people seem to have, Wurm always ending up doing whatever it wants, regardless of how it turns out if people are bitter at least you'll know why.

24iIXeX.png

is my goal bugged?  or maybe we have no fantastic items to take anywhere, not sure

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MrGARY said:

24iIXeX.png

is my goal bugged?  or maybe we have no fantastic items to take anywhere, not sure

you mean this one?

hSgB6T5XQFyDOL67JhgJDA.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

24iIXeX.png

I think you know what I meant. -_-

1 hour ago, Maxthx said:

I would also like to point out that Retro has already gone on record stating there will be no item transfers. And this suggestion is SPECIFICALLY about a ONE-TIME skill transfer.

Isn't he already on the record for saying there will never be player transfers?

• Like 1

Fine, you want me to call it?

I'm calling it.

This thread is specially about a one-time Epic to Freedom skill transfer. Any further discussion about an item transfer and I will call in forum moderation as it being off topic and derailing to the purpose of this suggestion.

There, now get all this pointless argument over items off this thread.

You want to work for an item transfer? You make your own thread. Over here we are working for a skill transfer, hopefully 1:1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maxthx said:

Fine, you want me to call it?

I'm calling it.

This thread is specially about a one-time Epic to Freedom skill transfer. Any further discussion about an item transfer and I will call in forum moderation as it being off topic and derailing to the purpose of this suggestion.

There, now get all this pointless argument over items off this thread.

You want to work for an item transfer? You make your own thread. Over here we are working for a skill transfer, hopefully 1:1.

Firestarter

Seems the LEAD Forum mod is pretty active in this thread, who exactly do you plan to " call in? "

• Like 1

The reason items are brought into it is because most realize that if/when transfers happen.  Those will be decided at the same time or at least announced at the same time, I'm guessing.

Just promise a 1:1 transfer before Epic goes wu. I can handle losing my items, ###### happens, but losing the character ive worked and grown attached to is to much. And no, to be forced to play on him on this proposed epicgoeschallange-mockery is an insult. I was instantly intrigued by Epic at launch, no safe-zones all pvp. but was worried about possible wipes so I waited. Then Rolf promised consistency with no wipes so I joined... Making a new map for Elevation was in my hindsighted mind a mistake, but it was just 1 out of 4 maps and everyone was so hyped about it so maybe it was worth it? But no, ever after that everything was up for grabs and it all feels very uncertain. Proven by these proposed, waaaaay bigger, changes. 

Please let me play with consistency, please let me move my character to freedom as is. Epic can be fun - as this proposed plan - to go in sometimes, have some fun a few hours, something on the side. But it isnt what I signed up for and worked on for years. 

• Like 8

1:1 skill transfer from Epic to Freedom is the only right way !!!!!! Ppl earn that for staying and paying so long on a dead cluster.        LIBERATE the EPIC-player !!!!!!

• Like 6

+1 I started playing on Epic back in Jan 2013, was awesome the first 2-3 years, but Epic has slowly suffocated from all the mistreatment imo. The last 2 years I have just waited and hoped for Epic to get back on track. And now you just want to trash me and my friends characters. nah nah I live in Motala so don't f with me ;D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, danko said:

+1 I started playing on Epic back in Jan 2013, was awesome the first 2-3 years, but Epic has slowly suffocated from all the mistreatment imo. The last 2 years I have just waited and hoped for Epic to get back on track. And now you just want to trash me and my friends characters. nah nah I live in Motala so don't f with me ;D

i really thought you were dead... had minimal interaction with you but always were a nice sport

damn you permo you troll, im taking that like back

• Like 2

It is absolutely tears me up that I keep seeing so many posts in this thread about "loss of value" and "my economy!" it is almost like people forgot that this was a video game. The purpose of which is to have fun and not find ways to "profit off the game". This is absolutely abhorrent behavior. 

• Like 2

Personally I couldn't care less about items going either way.

It is the huge influx of pvp ready accounts that freedom does not have, and this would imbalance chaos in a big way.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and the doors been opened for a huge influx of accounts that epic would never of seen.

But since the wurm staff have made zero effort to correct all the problems with chaos I really don't give a rats ass either way anymore.

Just trying to get a list of skills to see what we're actually talking about here. Back on-topic.

Characteristics: (maybe instead of half epic>freedom should keep x0.6 becuase the other skills go up easier to its slightly harder to grind them). (Which doesnt count for ML/SD as its just spamming meals at 2x the gains).

Mind 
Body 
Soul 
Body control 
Body stamina  (But as its harder to grind because of the changes, maybe 1:1 transfer)
Body strength 
Mind logic 
Mind speed 
Soul depth 
Soul strength 

Skills you can definetly get 2x on all the time to 100 afaik: 

Farming 

Gardening 

Dairy food making 
Hot food cooking 
Baking 
Beverages 

Milking 

Weapon smithing  (Because this skill is harder it should be possible to get 2x here)

Archery

Prayer 

Prospecting 

Short bow 
Long bow 
Medium bow

Animal taming 

Channeling 

Mining
Digging

Butchering
Carpentry

Small wooden shield
Medium wooden shield
Large wooden shield
Small metal shield
Large metal shield
Medium metal shield

Religion

Repairing

Forestry

Tracking (Assumption)

Yoyo
Puppeteering

Locksmithing

Metallurgy

Other Skills:

Woodcutting 1.8x 

Imping Skills, 1.5X because you can have someone else make 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 etc etc items for you all the way to 95. That means that until your effective is 95 you can basically grind at least at 1.5x the speed, if not more. So it is in fact faster than on freedom.

Tailoring

Smithing

Armour smithing
Shields

Papyrusmaking
Thatching

Leatherworking
Cloth tailoring
Masonry
Blades smithing
Weapon heads smithing
Chain armour smithing
Plate armour smithing
Shield smithing
Blacksmithing

Pottery
Ropemaking

Jewelry smithing
Fine carpentry
Bowyery
Fletching

Stone cutting

Ship building

Toy making

Fighting/Weapon Skills, No idea. Will need to test this, assuming 2x the gains aswell.

Hammer

Large axe
Huge axe
Shortsword
Two handed sword

Longsword
Large maul
Medium maul
Small maul
Warhammer
Long spear
Halberd
Staff
Carving knife
Butchering knife
Stone chisel

Fighting

Weaponless fighting
Aggressive fighting
Defensive fighting
Normal fighting

Rake
Scythe
Sickle
Small Axe
Pickaxe
Shovel
Hatchet

Huge club
Saw

Ballistae
Trebuchets
Turrets

Catapults

Overall Skills, 2x:

Miscellaneous items 

Knives
Swords
Axes
Mauls
Clubs
Hammers
Polearms

Cooking 

Nature
Toys

War machines

-----

Unknown to me:

Alchemy (2x?)
Healing (2x?)
Thievery (2x?)
Meditating
Firemaking (1.5x)?
Paving (2x?)
Fishing (2x?)
Coal-making (2x?)
Milling (1.5x)?
Natural substances (1.5x)?
First aid (2x?)
Taunting (2x?)
Shield bashing (2x?)
Preaching (2x?)
Exorcism (2x?)
Artifacts (2x?)
Foraging (2x?)
Botanizing (2x?)
Climbing (2x?)
Lock picking (2x?)
Stealing (2x?)
Traps (2x?)
Animal husbandry (2x?)

i hope you are trolling dude, cause if you are serious, you are basically saying the character i have played on for 2 years which has 55 body strength, would end up with 33.

on the other hand i played 2 months on freedom and have 32 body strength...

can someone just remove this guys posts?

it's obvious he just wants to derail the thread, doesn't stop saying we don't deserve this, we don't deserve that, "I HAVE TEH PERFECT FORMULAR FOR TIS! TEHEE"

just suck it up

• Like 8