Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

One Time Skill Transfer from Epic to Freedom

Balance changes and mechanics changes are in the works and will be coming to epic with this update too

• Like 4

Why not unify the skill gain system and not waste time with one time bonuses and other complicated nonsense?

• Like 2

50 items is just not happening.

Hey, let me bring over X amount of scale/drake. Let me bring over 1000 more items on the 20 alts i have.

Hell no.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whykillme said:

Hey, let me bring over X amount of scale/drake. Let me bring over 1000 more items on the 20 alts i have.

Hell no.

Why?

"My markets! I must be able to make the most money possible! I don't care about those who have been waiting to be able to play again!"

I can't see any argument against that that doesn't come across as inherently selfish.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Why?

"My markets! I must be able to make the most money possible! I don't care about those who have been waiting to be able to play again!"

I can't see any argument against that that doesn't come across as inherently selfish.

i spent 3 years killing dragons on epic

ive got 1 scale chest and 1 scale pants and I use them for pvp

gonna ruin the freedom market for sure

on a side note I'd like to see all of whykillme's imping skills nerfed down to 70 or less, seeing as how he used *.77+23 to get all of his imping skills, and therefore did less work than the rest of freedom, its probably not fair for him to keep them

• Like 2

5 hours ago, whykillme said:

Hell no.

No items should cross, i dont want drake from freedom coming over. 

Remain focused on the skill transfer, don't worry about items, if you want them they're on the server you earned them on. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I'd love to move epic mechanics to chaos, then open a new cluster.

New Clusters are what made Epic, now that is isn't working the next best thing would be to open yet another Cluster, some days the suggestions around here boggle the mind.

22 hours ago, As_I_Decay said:

We were only allowed to bring 100 items on person, 200 on boat. I sold off what I could but I left behind thousands of lamps, hundreds of tools, champ animals, the works. I had been a paying customer for years at that point. Sure, it was unfair.... but was deemed "necessary". You'll get reimbursed in full for your deeds (and I'd also say any PMK) and remaining upkeep, and the coin moves with you. You'll get over it.

So let us come over with the same you were allowed way back when. Seems selfish on your part that you want us to come over with nothing sicne we cannot even put 200 on a boat . I dont think I have ever sold anything so lumping me,as an epic player,  in with wurmians that only play to make money is insulting.

• Like 1

As a former epic player (still toons and ######), feels like all on freedom think ive played a few days on epic and have my pants full or drake, scale and other ######. And all my skills at 90.

I dont complain to much (other to the damn Romans) but there is a few ppl i feel very sry for on epic. That maybe deserve to be treated somewhat abit more Nice;)

Other than that. Make a way to transfer to freedom since you making epic to a Challenge server.

This is a Roman victory!

11 hours ago, Firestarter said:

Why?

I don't even know how you don't see the issue by allowing items. 

Unless they intend to make moon metal easy to obtain and valrei tomes on freedom cluster it's going to be a unfair advantage for any coming from epic. Until then I have to say absolutely not. It's a game breaker otherwise though.

24 minutes ago, Niki said:

I don't even know how you don't see the issue by allowing items. 

Unless they intend to make moon metal easy to obtain and valrei tomes on freedom cluster it's going to be a unfair advantage for any coming from epic. Until then I have to say absolutely not. It's a game breaker otherwise though.

An unfair advantage to what? Your ability to make money?

Freedom has far more drake and scale armour than Epic ever has, some moonmetal and a few tomes should help level the playing field a bit.

Just now, Firestarter said:

Freedom has far more drake and scale armour than Epic ever has, some moonmetal and a few tomes should help level the playing field a bit.

Not even close, you can literally butcher moonmetal off corpses, lets not even forget the other ways.

Pointless debate, if your going to bring items why even keep epic? You seem like "you" and others for this want to profit on freedom. I don't even like how some of you players are pushing agendas here with this item nonsense. You assume I don't know epic mechanics, it's over flooded with items that no one wants there.

40 minutes ago, Niki said:

Unless they intend to make moon metal easy to obtain and valrei tomes on freedom cluster

Like I said previously, rifts.  Freedom can safely get 3-4kg of moon metal per 9 day rift cycle if they do all servers of rifts.  But you don't have to share that, that's yours only.  Freedom has a lot of people, so I know this is very possible, but lets theoretically say there is 20 people that do all servers of rifts, because if people want moon metal this option to work for it is a serious option.  that's 60 to 80kg of moon metal combined per 9 day cycle being thrown out into the game from just 20 people, and not counting people that only do some or their own server only.  Even if we consider it just 20 people per server, the numbers run pretty close

In general for 9 days there's probably 6 hotas, which gives 4kg total of moon metal for a whopping grand total of 24kg per 9 days (dont forget this is a total, it has to be split by participants etc).  Depot gives 3.2kg of moon metal every 24-25+ hours so estimate 8 depots in the 9 day cycle you get 28.8kg moon metal.  This brings us to a final tally of 52.8kg of moon metal per 9 day cycle.  For fun, assume 20 people do all 4 epic rifts (hint: they don't, right now only mrh does them most of the time), and get the probably best possible outcome of moon metal and get 32kg moon metal. 

This compares an incredibly low estimate of 60-80kg moon metal from just 20 people on freedom added into freedom per 9 days, to a very high estimate of 84.8kg from 20 people that don't exist on epic per 9 days.  I'll even pretend that some people are constantly finding useful chests (many times they just have iron leather and wemp) and butcher seryll (lets not forget this is an extremely low chance) so lets round that to an even 90kg.  Am I speaking out of my behind?  Maybe, I could be completely off on math and assumptions here, but from the way I see it, freedom right now has a far better, zero competition zero risk method to get more moon metal than epic does

Not going to bother talking about tomes, it's been debated 500 times before and neither side will reach an agreement

edit:  the idea of bringing items from epic to freedom is to get rid of epic and not go back, not to constantly bring new items from epic to freedom...

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Freedom is pretty much a craft and sell type of game play, I'm not sure how not taking the economy into consideration would be a mystery when talking about moving items ( some unavailable on the servers your wanting to travel to ), people have asked for years even prior to Epic being released to have clusters separate from items being introduced to a server that even back then was seeing bloat in multiple markets.

When Wild had transfers available prior to the ability to sail back and forth characters with the ability fetched a pretty high price, so now your asking people to turn a blind eye while you load up everything of value for your own gain and saying it will level the playing field, items gained on Epic when the population was at very low numbers meant items were collected by a small number of players, any profit 

15 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

would be this exactly.

12 minutes ago, Niki said:

Not even close, you can literally butcher moonmetal off corpses, lets not even forget the other ways.

And you can get plenty from rifts, or by doing HoTA on Chaos, your point being?

Pointless debate, if your going to bring items why even keep epic? You seem like "you" and others for this want to profit on freedom.

Assume much? Not all of us are obsessed with money. I'd love to use my equipment on Freedom alongside my skills, I couldn't care less about selling it. Perhaps a couple of my HoTA statues and my JK liveried stuff as decorations. Again, there's no desire in my mind to sell them.

Whereas it seems you only want to make sure that you and "your kind" can continue to make high profits on items, other people's enjoyment be damned.

I don't even like how some of you players are pushing agendas here with this item nonsense. 

And I don't like how "your kind" is pushing their agenda to make sure your precious profit isn't affected in any way that isn't raising it.

You assume I don't know epic mechanics, it's over flooded with items that no one wants there.

You're right, I do assume that. In my five years on Epic, I've never once seen you there. That makes me question how much you actually know, and how much you're making assumptions about. Currently, it would appear that you're on the side of incorrect assumptions.

• Like 1

Freedom has vast stockpiles of Moon metal, Drake, and Scale compared to Epic.

First off, the only moon metal you can butcher from Valrei creatures is Seryll (or at least thats the only one I've ever heard of someone getting on Epic). And the drop rate is so awful that I doubt anyone has been able to get any useful amounts from it. And because of reasons I'll go in to, this is basically the only way to get Seryll on Epic.

Second, the dragon/drake drop weights for scale/drake are different on Epic. I've spoken with three independent sources on this and they all told me the same thing. Even considering the larger pool of people present during slayings, you get significantly less scale/drake on Epic than on Freedom. We are under the assumption that these drop rates were to provide Imping resources and not Creation resources. And only recently has that changed so that you can imp dragon armors without their resources.

Third, dragon/drake slayings and Rift parties are done regularly on Freedom across seven servers NOT including Chaos. This means that three times a month each server is handing out dozens of kgs of the metals to attendants (this is a total figure). And dragons/drakes are slain almost immediately after they appear for higher weights of materials. On Epic Rifts can go MONTHS before they are completed. Rifts are extremely dangerous on Epic because its publicly available information when you are doing one and you could be ambushed by enemy kingdom players during the process and wiped. So the amount of Rift rewards available on Epic is... nothing, in comparison to Freedom. The same, to a much lesser degree, is true of unique slayings. In the past several years Epic has also had severe population issues where you can't even get enough people to DO Rifts or Dragon slayings. Under strength groups have tired, and failed.

Fourth, The Hunt of the Ancients. This event occurs every 36 hours (approximately). And when completed rewards approximately 2kg Ada and Glimmer inside of the HotA statue. And this is for the WHOLE kingdom, for one win. When you do the math compared to seven rifts that reward directly to individual users, there is literally no comparison. Freedom gets metric tons more than Epic.

My point is that Epic literally does not have the resources capable of 'flooding' the market. If anything it would be a slight spike in availability of those resources, which would either drive the price down temporarily, or just create a feeding frenzy where you see huge amounts changing hands.

I would also like to point out that Retro has already gone on record stating there will be no item transfers. And this suggestion is SPECIFICALLY about a ONE-TIME skill transfer. Perhaps another suggestion should be created for an item transfer.

• Like 2

There you go again assuming I'm in it for the money and your not. Not a fan of the misconception that I am just in it for the money that several epic players have labeled me as for whatever reason. It kind of hurts my feelings. My antics on freedom are my own. I'm not in it for the money here, how could I be? All I can think of is how pvp will be with all these sets of moon metal on the battlefield on chaos. It concerns me. You guys have caches full of stuff don't deny it! Come on!

While I do find the importance of keeping freedom economy separate, a lot of others feel this way as well! For the last time I'll state this, you don't know me at all, you think you do but you don't.  @Firestartercan you say the same for the rest of epic? So sorry if I don't take your word for it.

If you're going to take my words and twist them to further your agenda here then this isn't a fair debate and it's not reasonable. I do not speak for freedom here, but I am certain they would be against a flood of rares, supremes, fantastics, drake, scale, tomes, moon metal. 

I have played on epic or have in the past on a alt account, but why does that even matter, do you want to fight me or something? Why don't you just go ahead and make item transfers happen, I'm sure the Devs listen to you over a silly freedomer.

Makes you wonder, why I even questioned it.

you are the one assuming here niki :/

baffles me that you dont see it yourself lol

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kadore said:

Freedom is pretty much a craft and sell type of game play, I'm not sure how not taking the economy into consideration would be a mystery when talking about moving items ( some unavailable on the servers your wanting to travel to ), people have asked for years even prior to Epic being released to have clusters separate from items being introduced to a server that even back then was seeing bloat in multiple markets.

When Wild had transfers available prior to the ability to sail back and forth characters with the ability fetched a pretty high price, so now your asking people to turn a blind eye while you load up everything of value for your own gain and saying it will level the playing field, items gained on Epic when the population was at very low numbers meant items were collected by a small number of players, any profit 

would be this exactly.

There are no items on Epic that cannot be gained on Freedom, so there goes that flimsy argument of yours.

Like Niki, you assume that everyone's out to sell their items. No, we really aren't. Perhaps that's a sign of your own desires.

Like I pointed out in my reply to Niki, I'd bring a handful of items that I have some sentimental attachment too, not forgetting these are the only items I have left now, like my primary equipment. I can look at it and go "I remember using it in a fight with this person" or "I remember slaying the Champion Troll King with this".

Just now, Quicktor said:

you are the one assuming here niki :/

baffles me that you dont see it yourself lol

I'm totally done with this debate. TBH

i dont even know why we are discussing this further.

any person who can think rationally, would see that we spent years on a server, and now it is being changed severly...

prior to the transfer and skilling system announcement it was even worse, the feeling of being second class players, the feeling of "your time isnt worth anything".

and now people want to tell us all we have worked for, the stuff we are emotionally and ofc practically attached to is worth nothing, and our skills should be cut in half is just blatant wrong...

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

There you go again assuming I'm in it for the money and your not. Not a fan of the misconception that I am just in it for the money that several epic players have labeled me as for whatever reason. It kind of hurts my feelings. My antics on freedom are my own. I'm not in it for the money here, how could I be? All I can think of is how pvp will be with all these sets of moon metal on the battlefield on chaos. It concerns me. You guys have caches full of stuff don't deny it! Come on!

While I do find the importance of keeping freedom economy separate, a lot of others feel this way as well! For the last time I'll state this, you don't know me at all, you think you do but you don't.  @Firestartercan you say the same for the rest of epic? So sorry if I don't take your word for it.

If you're going to take my words and twist them to further your agenda here then this isn't a fair debate and it's not reasonable. I do not speak for freedom here, but I am certain they would be against a flood of rares, supremes, fantastics, drake, scale, tomes, moon metal. 

I have played on epic or have in the past on a alt account, but why does that even matter, do you want to fight me or something? Why don't you just go ahead and make item transfers happen, I'm sure the Devs listen to you over a silly freedomer.

Makes you wonder, why I even questioned it.

How could I not make such an assumption, given that you appear to be one of the most high profile merchants in Wurm.

Why would it concern you? I'm sorry, but when have you ever been involved in PvP?

Again, you're making assumptions. Caches full of it? Couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to my server. A pocketful at best.

"For the last time I'll state this, you don't know me at all, you think you do but you don't.  @Firestartercan you say the same for the rest of epic? So sorry if I don't take your word for it."

I could say exactly the same thing to you, given that you're also spouting off assumptions about Epic players.

"I do not speak for freedom here, but I am certain they would be against a flood of rares, supremes, fantastics, drake, scale, tomes, moon metal. "

Unless you speak for the entirety of the Freedom population, you'd be better of changing that to "I don't want these things here" rather than claiming absolutely nobody wants them.

"If you're going to take my words and twist them to further your agenda here then this isn't a fair debate and it's not reasonable."

Again, I could say this, word for word, right back at you.

"I have played on epic or have in the past on a alt account, but why does that even matter, do you want to fight me or something?"

It matters because you're making claims that are entirely untrue. The only way you'd be making those claims is if you've never been to Epic.

"Why don't you just go ahead and make item transfers happen, I'm sure the Devs listen to you over a silly freedomer."

Why would they? Why does my opinion matter more than someone else's?

• Like 1

Have you guys ever compared epic wts to freedom wts?

I see a flood ever so often, this is a good example.

aa444014a5.png

Don't you dare tell me you have no moon metal! This thread is full of misinformation.

1 minute ago, Niki said:

Have you guys ever compared epic wts to freedom wts?

I see a flood ever so often, this is a good example.

aa444014a5.png

Don't you dare tell me you have no moon metal! This thread is full of misinformation.

nobody said we didnt have moon metal

we said you're obnoxious and misinformed if you think we have 30000000000000000000000000000000000000000% more

• Like 1