Sign in to follow this  

37 minutes ago, Zephyr40k said:

So, here we are, a week later.... are the population levels in Epic any better?  

It isnt in the game yet

but yes, the day of the announcement there was 60 players on epic - also a steady 30 on BL

• Like 3

On 13-10-2017 at 3:18 PM, Retrograde said:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Lingonberry Sprouts can no longer be picked or planted.
  • Move options are now possible on deed without needing an item active.
  • Items and creatures should no longer fall into the floor in underground buildings.

Meditation

Meditation has long been an issue raised and we've already mentioned plans for an overhaul in the future works, but we'll be making some small changes to it in this update on epic as well. As has been stated in many areas, meditation on epic is somewhat different to how it works on Freedom. Given the curve hinders rather than helps in this case, (requiring 70 actual skill meaning 91 effective) it actually makes it harder to raise.

In this update we'll be changing this from requiring actual skills to effective skills. This means high path levels in meditating are much faster to gain, with level 11 requiring roughly 47 meditation instead of 70, but that's not all.

We'll also be halving the time it takes between each path up, meaning the maximum length of time between path increases is 12 days instead of 24.

This of course is aimed at both new players and existing players crossing from freedom to get pvp ready and in on the action, and we'll continue to monitor it once implemented to see how it pans out.

I like this piece of text

On 10/13/2017 at 9:18 AM, Retrograde said:

Highway Rules:
A ) You may not intentionally disable an active highway connection by removing the catseyes without rerouting or replacing them promptly .
    1> Deeds retain the right to disconnect from the highway system by removal of their waystone and any deactivated catseyes on their deed and perimeter.

Does this mean off-deed waystones can never be removed?  Because if not, welcome to the paving over of all of wurm.  Perhaps off-deed waystones should be treated as catseye(s) as long as the deed to deed routes remain tenable?

1 hour ago, Belgrim said:

Does this mean off-deed waystones can never be removed?  Because if not, welcome to the paving over of all of wurm.  Perhaps off-deed waystones should be treated as catseye(s) as long as the deed to deed routes remain tenable?

Waystones can be replaced with a catseye if there are only 2 directions at that point. If the intersection has more than 2 you would have to remove cateyes until everything is reduced to 2 directions. The idea of the highway system is to prevent unwanted removal of viable highways, you can still work on improving the highways and or if they become dead ends they will decay naturally over time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

or if they become dead ends they will decay naturally over time.

I repeat, so we can or can't pry those up?  Are only deeds viable destinations that must be preserved or do we have to preserve dead-end off deed waypoints?

41 minutes ago, Belgrim said:

I repeat, so we can or can't pry those up?  Are only deeds viable destinations that must be preserved or do we have to preserve dead-end off deed waypoints?

If its an intersection with 3 directions you not going to be prying anything up, not easily.

Dead ends decay

19 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Dead ends decay

And I've watched someone put waystones in my perimiter or others without permission.  Also, I believe you can just build a road into the wilderness and put a waystone on the end any time you want, so how is "time decay" going to remove something that can be built or repaired any time by anyone?  I understand the need for useful viable roads where they belong, but why should someone who doesn't even live in my neighborhood have the right to put in roads that I'm never allowed to remove that could cause the locals problems and that don't terminate on a deed at all?  (ie: pave the whole forest, mountain, prarie etc)

19 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

you not going to be prying anything up, not easily.

Well, none of this stuff pries up easily, but I still like to have the freedom to fix problems when I can. 

This is really easy to fix in the rules:

Highway is defined as a paved terrain connecting two or more waystones together via catseyes.

Highway is defined as a paved terrain connecting two or more deeded waystones together via catseyes.

There, that's all I'm really hoping for. 

Later we can argue if there should be a "scenic loop" clause, but I think that's a lot less important than the basic transportation and limits on abuse. 

Edited by Belgrim
spelling

So what happens to your Epic account's characteristics when you gain skills from the Freedom transfer?

For example if you have 50 mining on Freedom, but only 20 on Epic, (but your Epic account has higher body stats) - when you gain the extra 30 mining on Epic, do you also gain the body stats that should come with it? 

59 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

So what happens to your Epic account's characteristics when you gain skills from the Freedom transfer?

I think characteristics are just another "skill".  So they also transfer.  But no secondary bonuses to attributes due to other skills or even parent and sub-skills.  Just a flat comparison to each individual skill. 

2 minutes ago, Belgrim said:

I think characteristics are just another "skill".  So they also transfer.  But no secondary bonuses to attributes due to other skills or even parent and sub-skills.  Just a flat comparison to each individual skill. 

Aye, that's what I'm worried about. You could end up with some pretty messed up accounts if their crafting skills are increased without increasing the body stats accordingly. 

4 hours ago, Belgrim said:

And I've watched someone put waystones in my perimiter or others without permission

If permissions are not set for highway on a deed, then no one can plant eyes/waystones in the first 2 perimeter tiles of said deed, the outside 3 or more if the deed has more than 5 perimeter tiles do not fall under this protection.

A 'scenic loop' as you say would not be protected per the highway rules, but all it takes is to have one deed connected to this loop to make it all valid. 

On 10/18/2017 at 6:44 PM, JakeRivers said:

A 'scenic loop' as you say would not be protected per the highway rules

My concern is that as written the rules *do* protect such a loop, as long as it contains a couple waystones. 

deed A connects to deed B:

A+--------+B

someone who likes loops modifies the road:

+------+

|         |

A+--+         +----B

It is illegal according to the new rules to change it back if the + are waystones.

And a waystone in the last 3 tiles of my perimeter is still my perimeter.  So I read the new rules to say I have every right to tear them up and change them if I like.  (as long as I replace any necessary path with an alternate route)

2 hours ago, Belgrim said:

My concern is that as written the rules *do* protect such a loop, as long as it contains a couple waystones. 

deed A connects to deed B:

A+--------+B

someone who likes loops modifies the road:

+------+

|         |

A+--+         +----B

It is illegal according to the new rules to change it back if the + are waystones.

And a waystone in the last 3 tiles of my perimeter is still my perimeter.  So I read the new rules to say I have every right to tear them up and change them if I like.  (as long as I replace any necessary path with an alternate route)

Ah I see what you mean, well I imagine you can change the road and make it straight if you so wish, it is right in the google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1enAogVQhXsDvKrOT0DCna5zWh-z4RCsN9ABxMnDSmjw/edit where it explains what you need to do to bypass a 'scenic loop'. But if someone else made it a certain way on purpose, they may not appreciate you changing it around.