Sign in to follow this  

I like the changes, but now I'm somewhat regretting playing on Epic for my first Wurm experience (and I've only been there a month or so, not years like some folks). If my pre-patch skills there transferred in a one-time deal to Freedom, I'd be much happier about that.

On the other, I dunno what good PVP is and having great skill on Epic if there's no one to play with/against. Perfect is the enemy of good enough, and I'd rather have the changes than not.

Well, we will just copy over some Crusader accounts and i think we will be set.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Im half way, Meditation hype, Merge Hype. Can you clarify one thing, Will epic be able to one time transfer over to freedom? You said you was looking at the options, ty, continuing reading

This is such a weird update, could be awesome but just ends up being insulting, when you only give one side of your customer base the possibility to all of a sudden choose clusters but not the other. You cant really do this tbh wihtout making it fair for both clusters. Me, as a epic player, dont really feel motivated to pay more money if you obviously dont see us as equally inportant. 

• Like 12

if i get this straight people from freedom can come over to epic and the skill they have higher on freedom get copied over every time they go through the portal

so in other words i can go over there and pvp and die over and over again, and it would not matter since next time i transfer in from freedom my skills are back.

thats great news.. so freedom people can go and molest the epic community with absolutely no repercussions, that's what the epic community needed indeed.

well done devs on more nail in the coffin. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Im half way, Meditation hype, Merge Hype. Can you clarify one thing, Will epic be able to one time transfer over to freedom? You said you was looking at the options, ty, continuing reading

Yeah it;s not determined yet, and there;s a lot to discuss, we will continue to do so though.

• Like 4

Just now, Retrograde said:

Yeah it;s not determined yet, and there;s a lot to discuss, we will continue to do so though.

Make a thread for it and see both clusters attitude.  The only issue is that freedomers will always be against more skills coming into the cluster.  Not that anyone is open to change.

It seems its not a pvp update unless it contains equal amounts of fail and awesome. TipTop

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elroth said:

if i get this straight people from freedom can come over to epic and the skill they have higher on freedom get copied over every time they go through the portal

so in other words i can go over there and pvp and die over and over again, and it would not matter since next time i transfer in from freedom my skills are back.

thats great news.. so freedom people can go and molest the epic community with absolutely no repercussions, that's what the epic community needed indeed.

well done devs on more nail in the coffin. 

It's only fight skill lost dying in pvp, and we'll continue to work with feedback on scenarios and questions. If we've missed a potential issue we're happy to take the time to address it, so feel free to suggest any scenarios you're concerned about 

6 minutes ago, elroth said:

Remove the Epic portals from Epic starter deeds, closest an Epic portal can be made is 250 tiles from said starter deed perhaps?

This way they need to make sure they have a way out before ###### around atleast.

This should include a epic transfer before skills are made easier and this should be automatically done, so when players who quit come back and level on a faster system, it won't cheat freedom. Im sure community will offer you ideas, i can see you've followed our ideas through our this and in some you have added you're own creative twist. The meditation one is great, valrei sounds awesome, so after Each mission depending on the difficulty, we can have a chance to get a tome? 

Im going to be leveling Mclovin for sure under the new system, but im happy i can use one account for both chaos and epic and have those skills be copied over. 

It is for sure all of the communities and devs duty to make sure epic players can come freedom, they were the ones screaming for it, ik we'll find a solution

Great updates, now my hype has overloaded im gonna go drink a sugar free red bull

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

This will only be a one way type deal, so any transfers back from Epic to Freedom will act as they do now where you’ll be back on your Freedom character with their skills.

Guys, please read this bit again. Also I am also the opinion that Epic should be able to have the same option, to transfer to Freedom if they choose. However, as Retro has already stated, it's a work in progress, the update is pretty big and before we all get mad at its possible ramifications, this is just the groundwork for something bigger. Let's think of constructive criticism before we quit Epic, alright? 

• Like 2

instead of messing around with the skillgain, consider the following

>DR stacking

>tomes

>moon armor

>dumb stuff that prevents newer players from participating in pvp

DR stacking is trash, remove as much of it as possible

sources of DR stacking

>meditation paths (sotg etc)

>tomes

>moon armor

>rarity

>body str

remove most of that and now suddenly 95% of the population can fight on more even ground

new players can enter pvp as soon as they get the very basic fighting skills and won't be towerguard-tier ######

rework tomes so getting a single one doesn't turn you from average to godtier (slime etc)

make them more fluff stuff, maybe focus on cool titles and effects on valrei board instead maybe, idk

remove stuff that limits people from entering pvp

HH body control requirement etc

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It's only fight skill lost dying in pvp, and we'll continue to work with feedback on scenarios and questions. If we've missed a potential issue we're happy to take the time to address it, so feel free to suggest any scenarios you're concerned about 

If only fight skill lost when dying then that's an awesome change.  People don't want to fight more than once a day sometimes because they don't want to chance losing body strength which is a pain to gain.  Upper accounts don't die as much so they don't lose body strength as much as weaker accounts.

Tfw epic godly accounts become trash due to 14 stam like. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nicedreams said:

If only fight skill lost when dying then that's an awesome change.  People don't want to fight more than once a day sometimes because they don't want to chance losing body strength which is a pain to gain.  Upper accounts don't die as much so they don't lose body strength as much as weaker accounts.

Body is x3 after dying is so easy to get back, on epic it will be like x6 alongside a x2 skill system

2 minutes ago, Worksock said:

instead of messing around with the skillgain, consider the following

>DR stacking

>tomes

>moon armor

>dumb stuff that prevents newer players from participating in pvp

DR stacking is trash, remove as much of it as possible

sources of DR stacking

>meditation paths (sotg etc)

>tomes

>moon armor

>rarity

>body str

remove most of that and now suddenly 95% of the population can fight on more even ground

new players can enter pvp as soon as they get the very basic fighting skills and won't be towerguard-tier ######

rework tomes so getting a single one doesn't turn you from average to godtier (slime etc)

make them more fluff stuff, maybe focus on cool titles and effects on valrei board instead maybe, idk

remove stuff that limits people from entering pvp

HH body control requirement etc

Mechanics and balance changes will be coming, and we'll be addressing some things there 

• Like 6

Just now, Mclavin said:

Body is x3 after dying is so easy to get back, on epic it will be like x6 alongside a x2 skill system

Well that works then.  Haven't died or been on chaos in few months so forgot about the x3.

Very excited for this update.  Lots of new things coming.

Still happy at the thought of meeting new people in Wurm Epic. I hope Freedom players will spread themselves evenly among the kingdoms to give a bit of parity (and fun) to Epic . 

• Like 4

A map reset needs to be done once all things are tested, this makes me want to play epic but the map has us all asking, how, why, what can we do? All deeds are settled, all lines drawn, all expansion done, let ausimus make a new map and plan to do this for summer 2018 after all systems are tested and let people know ASAP the map will be reset. +100 it all

• Like 3

For Mol Rehan. We have Orange Gin, Brandy and we produced 6 player Gods. Also we love steppes. :D