Sign in to follow this  
Alyeska

[Fixed] Adulteror / master winemaker

Since the cooking update and the change in how wine is created, the achievements for making wine can no longer be fulfilled.

I have created 45 barrels of unfermented wine and have left my account online nonstop until 20 of the barrels have fermented into actual wine, and no achievements were given. 

Recipe.addAchievements() is where achievements are unlocked for cooking recipes. This looks correct for wine and should be fairly self explanatory:

if (at.isInLiters()) {
                    performer.achievement(this.achievementId, newItem.getWeightGrams() / 1000);
                }
                else {
                    performer.achievement(this.achievementId);
                }

Note that getWeightGrams() is an integer. Wine ferments all at once so this should be fine for this achievement. For distilled liquors which drip in little by little I don't think this works and I can't think of an easy fix. For now let's focus on wine because of its status as a personal goal.

Moving on, recipe.addAchievements() is called in two places:

1. ItemBehaviour.handleRecipe(), for active recipes. I don't think any recipes that have an action timer have achievements associated with them, but if they did this would trigger them.
  2. TempStates.checkForChange(), for cooking recipes, like making pizzas, cakes, or tea.

Absent from this list is Item.pollFermenting(), which is where fermenting wine turns into wine. Popping this line into that function should fix the bug:

recipe.addAchievements(lastown, newItem);

• Like 10

Mother of God. Thanks Thorgot.

Please add this bug with 'offline achievements'. I dont believe having to be 'online' for a time required skill to 'item complete' is intended behavior.

Yours Truly,

- A guy who's been waiting months and months and months with thousands of litres of wine to make.

• Like 1

Wurm staff, listen to Thorgot. Pls fix, i made wine not knowing it was bugged for a personal goal and now i cant finish it

Can we give Thorgot a nother red cherry? He is so awesome!

New updates, but no love for winemakers. Can't get personal goals done!

if this was a problem on epic, it would of been fixed already

=p

• Like 1

seriously, you have the fix right here in front of you, and not one dev can spend the small amount of time needed to make a huge improvement to so many player's lives?

Anyone would think you were actively trying to stop players from winning the game.

winter is upon us which means maple sap be flowing soon

let us make wine and achieve at the same time

I finished making the wine required to get the Achievement, all 5000 liters, I actually made 5130 liters and did not receive the achievement :(

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 1

so is there a reason that this isnt fixed yet? thought Thorgot came up with the fix months ago?

As somebody who makes tons and tons of bevs, I'd quite like to see winemaking get a bit of love too.

I talked to Enki in October of 2017 about this, he said he knew it was a problem and would look into it, my support ticket has been on hold ever since with no reply or fix yet. Still waiting like everyone else, what gives? Fix it already.

They just don't want a bunch of people winning the game before the 'revise' personal goals and make everything 10x harder to do.

• Like 2

0ddf6696359ad96f6e1ef979c0308057.png

1/9700 chance for a fantastic. What's the chance you'd hit those odds, but get another impossible achievement? Please fix, i'd like another red cherry.

• Like 4