Sign in to follow this  
JackBinimbul

[Terraforming] Match Slope

I'm not sure how feasible this is.  Level and flatten already exist, but I'm not sure the coding for it takes in to account slope in any way or can be modified for this.

I would like a mod that allows you to right click on another tile and choose "match slope".  This would make you dig or drop dirt on the tile clicked on to make it the same slope, in the same direction, as the one you're on.  This would make things like road building much easier.

Actually, if one corner is already at the height you want, stand on it and right-click on the tile border(connected to the corner you are on of course) that needs to be leveled to match and choose "Level" it will do flatten it out at the same height as the corner you are on, this differs from the "Flatten" option in that the flatten will raise the lower end and lower the higher end instead of just matching the far end to the one you are on. As long as you are doing this on the til border rather than the tile itself it will only work on that edge instead of the whole tile and let you use it to make even slopes with relative ease.

If your Digging skill and Body Strength are high enough this can even be done after you pave the tile without the need to first remove the pavement and later replace it.

Edited by Cadh20000

5 minutes ago, Cadh20000 said:

Actually, if one corner is already at the height you want, stand on it and right-click on the tile border(connected to the corner you are on of course) that needs to be leveled to match and choose "Level" it will do flatten it out at the same height as the corner you are on, this differs from the "Flatten" option in that the flatten will raise the lower end and lower the higher end instead of just matching the far end to the one you are on. As long as you are doing this on the til border rather than the tile itself it will only work on that edge instead of the whole tile and let you use it to make even slopes with relative ease.

If your Digging skill and Body Strength are high enough this can even be done after you pave the tile without the need to first remove the pavement and later replace it.

Huh, that's interesting.  Good to know.  It still would be nice to be able to have a whole tile match the slope you're on.

Let's say you're building a road that runs north to south at a 6 slope incline.  It becomes tedious doing each new tile at the appropriate slope.  But it's definitely nice to know there's a short cut for the east/west tile border

Yeah, I know what you mean. But, until someone makes a mod for it, this is what we have.

At least while you wait it will make what you do in the meantime a bit easier, right?

Okay, looking at your name all I can think of now is the nursery rhyme, "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the Candlestick."

1 hour ago, Cadh20000 said:

Okay, looking at your name all I can think of now is the nursery rhyme, "Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the Candlestick."

That was the point ;)

• Like 1