Sign in to follow this  
As_I_Decay

Rift creatures already butchered upon dying

Yesterday, @Alyeskaand I ran into an issue at the Pristine rift where some rift creatures were already butchered upon us killing them. It happened multiple times (more than a dozen) during wave 1 and it wasn't anyone ninja butchering because we were the only two people at the rift (at that time) .

Corpses that fell appeared butchered. When right clicking, no option to butcher, only bury. Nothing in the corpse container either.

Do they eat each other now? I don't remember it to happen earlier. I won't even think that there could be pigs ninjabutchering  as those would have been killed by the rift mobs anyway.

23 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

No hell horses involved? I am told that, like pigs, they can "butcher" mobs...

No, there no animals there that could've ate the corpses. Each rift mob was lured and killed individually on regular horseback, with no other fit mobs being nearby to eat them either. There was also no event messages that would indicate that (it would say xxxx eats the corpse of xxxx)

It happened multiple times and the model changed to butchered the instant the animal died. No time between it. 

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

hell horses would be a horrible choice to use in a rift, unless everyone doing the rift was a fo priest, lol

I noticed that all monster summoned by summoner upon dead shows as butchered corpses.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cybaru said:

I noticed that all monster summoned by summoner upon dead shows as butchered corpses.

This is it and as far as I'm aware it's intended to not farm summoned mobs

• Like 3