Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Chat to offline player when they return

Pretty simple. When you need to say something to a player that is offline and don't have time or ability to do the papyrus/mail system - maybe you are out in the wilds and nowhere near a mail box.

Simply put, everything you type into a chat PM to an offline player, with be saved and displayed for that player when they next log in.

***While you were away***

Hey buddy, I finished imping the plate for you and put it in your armor stand.

***End message***

• Like 1

can have a message board in your village or you could right him a note and mail it or you can pm him here on the forums or other social media if you share the same outside of game

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

can have a message board in your village or you could right him a note and mail it or you can pm him here on the forums or other social media if you share the same outside of game

1.) nobody looks at a message board in a village, even if its advised. Thats my experience from them lol. 2.) everybody knows you can message on the forums, but the more you have to minimize a game and open your browser, the less you feel "IN" the game. 3.) Im not gonna add every person I talk to on facebook/discord/skype/etc.

To mail a letter it cost 1i, and im sure people have at least 1 copper in their bank to send 100 letters. The dye you need could be 1ql and any color, shouldnt matter since you pretty much want gray. Its honestly a really nice method of messaging offline people, and if the wiki is right about how many letters can fit on a paper, its not bad. Paper can be in a bsb and dye is pretty easy to squeeze out of a cochneal.

+.5, Not really needed but i understand for lazy people. I get like that sometimes.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Reed_pen

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Lots of folks never use forums and the other options aren't any good when you aren't at the village or someone's mailbox.

8 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

1.) nobody looks at a message board in a village

Not anyone's problem but your own.

19 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Not anyone's problem but your own.

Exactly, and this is a suggestion to fix that problem. Welcome to the suggestion forums! 

• Like 2

+1 I much prefer this than mailing papyrus which I did like...once...lol. Usually when people need to talk to me they would either contact me on the forums or wait until I am online to chat. I don't believe many players use papyrus to communicate with each other when offline (?)

+1 Very handy. Would be even better if players are NOT able to spam the GMs while we're offline, though.