Sign in to follow this  
Robus

Fire and Sand Impalong- Exodus- Ultimate Fighting Tournament

ULTIMATE FIGHTING TOURNAMENT 1 LIVE BRACKET

TIME AND DATE ANNOUNCED:

The event will take place Saturday, October 21st, AD 2017
at
12am (midnight) Europe (CEST), 11pm London (BST), 6pm New York (EDT), 3pm Los Angeles (PDT)
*Australians will be responsible for figuring out what time and day that is, because I sure as hell cannot.

UFT 1:  The Ultimate Fighting Tournament is a no-holds-barred*, action-oriented combat sport conducted solely for the personal amusement of the Emperor Robus.  Fighters from across the Isles will compete in 1v1 spars inside of the Imperial Arena.  Each fight will consist of 3 rounds, except the Championship Bout, which will be best of 5. Losers may be requested to accept spar requests from spectators so they can throw rotten cabbages and tomatoes at them.
* 1H weapons only please
Rules: Due to a pesky bug regarding spars, this tournament will be for 1-handed weapons only. Each fighter will supply his own weapons, armor, and desire to win.  Players must be unbuffed upon starting each round.  The players will remain on their corner tile inside the arena until the Emperor Robus plays the Mortal Kombat soundclip "Round one, FIGHT" through his onboard mic via youtube. When both players have accepted the spar, evidenced by one of the players targeting the other, the fight will begin.  Any and all casts, spells, tome charges, etc. will be legal inside the ring. Remember that AoE damage spells and the like will not work due to the players being members of the same kingdom. The Fighter who wins 2 of the 3 rounds will advance to the next stage of the tournament.  The Championship Bout will be best of 5.

Venue:  Imperial Arena- Grand Plaza, Magranon's Rest, Exodus

dxXtSks.jpg

The Imperial Arena was designed and constructed by Minister Nadroj of the Imperial Building Commission exclusively for the purposes of hosting this and other Tournaments.  It's rounded stone design and 2-tile wide archways are a modern take on the classical stone-arched colosseum designs popularized in Southwest Mol Rehan in the previous age.  Seating is provided via 3 terraced levels with benches and standing room available. Refreshments in the form of casseroles will be provided by street vendors on the main floor.  There are no toilet facilities.  Come early to find the best seating.

*TOURNAMENT SEEDING AND BRACKET ARE COMPLETED*

http://challonge.com/lz7wqhh8

Prizes:  The Ultimate Champion will receive an Adamantine Great Helm and a Glimmersteel weapon made and casted to their personal specifications.  Second place will receive an Adamantine Great Helm and Adamantine weapon made and casted to their personal specifications.

UFT Today:  The tournament will be broadcast on the Wurm Online Official Discord server, in whatever empty voice chat room I can find. Topics discussed during the UFT Today Show will include past lols, fond memories, contemporary account reviews, celebrity gossip, an audience Q & A session, and interviews, in addition to live match commentary provided by PVP veterans of past and present.

Sign-Up:  Please post below to sign up, using the name of the toon who will be entering the tournament.  Also, please let me know if I missed anything or if there are additional rules I need to consider.

**FINAL SEEDING**

1 Pingpong
2 Zivirt
3 Xallo
4 Drsatan
5 Rocklobstar
6 Mith
7 Jakerivers
8 BrandonSF
9 Warlock
10 Tulemees
11 Baddbob
12 Rozare
13 Jaz
14 Jaan
15 Asidecay
16 Fuegan
17 Yuri
18 Niki
19 Sugarfoxx

Eridil

Edited by Robus
  • Like 9

Jakerivers signs up 

come at me bro

Edited by JakeRivers

Is it allowed to sign up more than one toon per player? My guys may kill each other if I leave one out ...

it is what i figured 2 years ago, but in my situation noone would hear that,,, i would say no tomes,, no priests,, and maybe even nothing above plate sets,  unless you want pay to win, if you allow people to enter with personal scale etc, ofc no drop its unfair.. make it all in plate, no tomes, no spells, no ######, pure stats not pay to win

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malev said:

it is what i figured 2 years ago, but in my situation noone would hear that,,, i would say no tomes,, no priests,, and maybe even nothing above plate sets,  unless you want pay to win, if you allow people to enter with personal scale etc, ofc no drop its unfair.. make it all in plate, no tomes, no spells, no ######, pure stats not pay to win

We definitely considered this idea.  I opted for an Elitist tournament. Thinking we can do this one next impalong, it'd be a shame to waste all these nice buildings :)

Don't sell yourself short man. I'd love to see you sign up. You know I've always been a fan of your Wurm career.

52 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Is it allowed to sign up more than one toon per player? My guys may kill each other if I leave one out ...

One account per nerd please.

• Like 1

oookay then. Internal fights first to sort it out :D

• Like 1

one account, no sorcery, no priests, pure facesmashing with own weapons and max 85ql platseets, who loose drops, winner go further with loot and he's gear, simple

Robus priest and sorcery stuff will screw up everything there, imagine good acc fo or sme going against crafter with higher stats, you know how wurm works, i would say disable all that and you will get overcrowded arena

Maybe have enki turn the coliseum into a pvp arena, everyone enter and last man standing 8)

• Like 1

Eh I personally dislike the 1h only rule, most freedom players use 2h and have no shield skill at all. If they do any fighting at all they likely have high 2h weapon skill only.

Sign me up though I guess. I probably won't stand a chance though, with 1h+shield. Considering it looks like it only benefits pvp accounts.

Edited by Niki

Spar is bugged for 2 handed axe, and if it was not bugged don't think you would last long enough to see the end of a fight VS a 1 hander and a shield

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Does signing up mean you have to be there the entire time? Is there any specific date or time this event will happen? Or is it just ongoing?

Dammit Robus i said to post a date and time! (my suggestion was Saturday evening but i'll poke him)

I also appreciate the thoughts about doing a "fair tourney" with equal gear and i've been considering doing that but as it's our first impalong and first event at my venue i didn't wanna overburden us with promising too many events etc. I'd like to be comfortable in knowing i've hosted a successful impalong at least once before going for making it longer and with more events involved. So... bear with us and lets just enjoy the tournament we're putting on this time for what it is this time :)

I did consider only banning huge axes from the fight but again, lets see how this goes and we'll adjust for future events depending how it goes and how much people enjoy it :) It doesn't have to be a whole year before we do this again after all!

Edited by Nadroj

Yeah, would be nice to have a date and to have blank armour, weapons and shields provided by the hosts to the duelists...

Edited by Bittereinder

5 minutes ago, Bittereinder said:

blank armour, weapons and shields provided by the hosts to the duelists...

Simply not enough manpower/time to arrange this type of match.

Count Fuegan in, but an exact time would be nice as I work weekends.

• Like 1