Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm Unlimited on Humble Bundle!

DLy8k0_WAAAWHcg-300x150.jpg

Wurm Unlimited has teamed up with Humble Bundle for the Humble Endless RPG Lands bundle! This bundle claims an impressive 300+ hours worth of playtime across all games, with almost half of that coming from Wurm Unlimited.

If you’re not familiar with Humble Bundle, they’re an online store with collections of games (bundles) sold at a price set by buyers and with a portion of the price going towards charity. Beating the average payment also gets you extra games.

So check if you’ve been thinking about getting a copy or two for friends, check it out and help out a charity too!

https://www.humblebundle.com/endless-rpg-lands-bundle

• Like 11

Lol, just bought a copy for my mom via that bundle before logging on to the forums. :P

We got two for the last-two-family-members-who-did-not-already-have it. It's possible one of them might end up bringing some friends over from other games (she's the friendly one). 

Even though CodeClub is making no profit on the sale, it will help with word of mouth and public awareness of the game

And ... Just in time for the big Wurm Holiday Fashion extravaganza!

(I know they missed the 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016 Fashion Shows, but that was just to make the upcoming one extra special!)

26a8dc3d65bcce1ddfb9ab954c65bf96.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

As of 1436 west coast US 107,144 sales of the bundle, and it was still increasing.

The 1x server I play on hit an all time high in its normally small population.  The GM had to replant trees, near the PvE starting town we built, and started spawning in rats for new players to hunt for pelts it was so popular yesterday.  The other more populous servers were probably experiencing as large a population growth if not more so.  

Great day for Wurm if even 1/4 of the people that tried the game out keep showing up.  Server clean up is going to be rough with all of the logs and felled trees outside of town, on the other hand I have a great supply of compasses now from new players leaving them behind for me :)

Maybe be they can do this as a yearly event for Wurm Unlimited and Wurm Online!

3 hours ago, Orsus said:

Server clean up is going to be rough with all of the logs and felled trees outside of town, 

If you have access to sqlite for your server then there is a relatively simple query you can run to clean up that stuff during a brief server downtime. Had to do that regularly on a busy 100x PVP server to prevent lag from fallen trees, logs, rock shards etc.

grabbed 3 more copies.  The numbers on WU servers keep rising.  Pretty awesome move Code Club :)  Looks like Sklo is going to have more players on his servers than all of Wurm Online soon.

• Like 2

So this sale has put out 157,000 copies of wurm unlimited, what is the big draw for this package, is it borderlands? I have watched the trailers for the borderlands but not sure how fun a old game like that would be, might buy them though for the hell of it.

If it's part of a bundle there is no refund, except for the whole bundle or?

5 minutes ago, Cecci said:

If it's part of a bundle there is no refund, except for the whole bundle or?

You can only get one if its the whole bundle, so you cant activate keys etc. Even then its pretty rare to get one, unless its an accidental purchase

I guess alot of these new WU owners are stuck with the game then? :D

Owners: 169,204

1442  playing

1529  24-hour peak

We've tripled the WU playerbase  -- cheers to whichever staff came up with this plan. This will certainly help get the word out

Lots of new youtube videos on Wurm Unlimited this week as a result

No direct profits off a sale like this I presume, but it should increase visibility of the game and even lead to some trying out Wurm Online as a result. 

Anytime there is a bump in WU pop, WO has gotten some crossovers from people who prefer a monthly sub game and ease of use / less worries about server wipes etc

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

just came here to post the new numbers.  1956 is our all time high of concurrent players, from back at the launch of WU and that was mostly old Wurm players I believe.  Our new numbers are mainly net new players.  Best marketing I've seen from Code Club to date. It isn't generating much income for them now, but more players means more publicity and all the friends/family that new player base will bring. 

7 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

No direct profits off a sale like this I presume,

at this time 216,000 bundles sold

assume they get the default setting, so roughly 22 cents

which comes out to about $47,500 enough for rolf to go on vacation a few times

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 10:34 PM, JakeRivers said:

which comes out to about $47,500 enough for rolf to go on vacation a few times

Or at least once. I hear Iceland is getting expensive again.

Yeah Iceland been rolling in the tourist bucks big time for past 5-10 years so they added back the tourist tax's this year. 

Time to find a new frozen country that is reasonable to visit ;)

Sign in to follow this