Sign in to follow this  
Pride

Wurm Unlimited for 1$ on Humble Bundle

Even I bought it, because I just found out a friend who I think will really like Wurm just bought WU! I am definitely going to try and lure him over to the WO side, but for now, at least I can show someone the wonderful world of digging!

Do you have to buy that 3-games bundle in order to get WU or can you buy it seperatly?

This website isn't very intuitive...

Okido, I got it.

Wow €0,88. That's a great deal!

Edited by Bittereinder

On 10/11/2017 at 3:13 PM, Hula_Girl said:

Also comes with Borderlands! Thank you, I have a huge grin right now. :D

For $4 more you get Endless Legend, which is a pretty awesome fantasy 4x game.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:53 PM, Drathania said:

Macro's are for snowflakes, real wurmian's are like;

Untitled.png

1845 hours here but I've just tried WU for a bit, I'm a WO player.

On 10/12/2017 at 5:53 AM, Drathania said:

Macro's are for snowflakes, real wurmian's are like;

Untitled.png

Or, even like:

lmuRss4.png

Now that the dust has settled ...

Steamspy showed the number of WU owners exploding from about 55k to 291,882 as of today.  Owner numbers were still rising after the Humble Bundle sale ended, so I suppose it only counts redeemed keys, which likely means over 300k total very soon (on tuesday, the last day of the special, it was still at 270k).

That has got to get some attention to all versions of Wurm since many people will ask questions on the relationship and comparison of the two games.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Last I checked the bundle sales was at 349,600~ so that is a lot of wurm unlimited out there

I suggest the Devs talk Humble Bundle to do the sale again, with different games + Wurm Unlimited, next year at the end of the school year in the U.S.  Was really nice having all the new players come into the game.  There were time the 1X server I play on had over 50 new players come through in a day.  Some stayed, most left, now our active player count has players on most of the day and night and we tripled the active players during day/early evening times.

We had a lot of trolls come in, but we also had a lot of good people come in and try the game out.  Some of the stayed.

Yes this $1.00 sale of WU added a lot of new curious players to the servers but I am not too sure how financially profitable it has been for Code Club. Way too drastic a price reduction in my opinion, which numbers I don't see how have made up for the lost potential revenue. Good for publicity sure but since WU is a one time cost all those who paid $1.00 have reduced this "publicity" effect by already having purchased the game.

Maybe it's a good thing for server owners and players on those servers in that it has added more players for them to interact with. They seem to be the main benefactors of this drastic "charitable" price reduction, so I guess they should be very thankful that Code Club decided to take this hit to profitability on their behalf.

=Ayes=

If no one monkeyed with the ratios too much, They should of made just over $70,000 from the promotion.