Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

New animal conditions

It would be great if we could see some new animal conditions. Perhaps they could apply to animals that don't spawn from lairs rather than animals that do? Though I wouldn't object to adding them to the lair spawning condition list.

Here are my ideas:

Speedy: extra speed trait, like fleeter movement.

Ghostly: can move through walls like fog spiders, though maybe make it just certain types of walls so they don't become a complete pain.

Super: champion size but without the extra strength, size applies to rideable animals too.

Shy: flees from people like bison, hard to catch.

Rare: shiny like rare objects.

Helpful: has a random chance of repairing nearby objects.

Fertile: males and females can pass on the trait rather than just females.

Docile: non-aggressive even for animals that are normally naturally aggro.

Chameleon: blends in with background (not including outline, and maybe make the blending not perfect so they're not completely invisible).

Edited by Attenia

not only are some of these imbalancing or very op some are also redundant.  We have plenty of conditions already that we hardly see so huge -1

• Like 1

On 08/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, Attenia said:

Super: champion size but without the extra strength, size applies to rideable animals too.

Shy: flees from people like bison, hard to catch.

Rare: shiny like rare objects.***

Chameleon: blends in with background (not including outline, and maybe make the blending not perfect so they're not completely invisible).

I like these, except i kinda don't like what I ***-ed. Rather than a shiny creather, Id rather them they glow as if they have a lantern. +1, Would be fun to be snuck up on by a troll, ride a super croc, or need to pull out a bow to kill fast shy creatures.

-1 to

On 08/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, Attenia said:

Speedy: extra speed trait, like fleeter movement. (We are fast enough, so nah)

Ghostly: can move through walls like fog spiders, though maybe make it just certain types of walls so they don't become a complete pain. (Noob Killer here, we lock out doors to keep trolls out)

Helpful: has a random chance of repairing nearby objects. (What if im better at repairing? If i trap a rat with Helpful in a house untamed, could the house be at 0 damage until the rat dies?)

Fertile: males and females can pass on the trait rather than just females. (Don't really have an opinion here, i thought both traits matter unless its a trait visible by name. didnt know 5sp female and no speed male is all you need)

Docile: non-aggressive even for animals that are normally naturally aggro. (Option to be a priest where animals ignore you or follow path of love. This doesnt really add much... fun?)

59 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

I like these, except i kinda don't like what I ***-ed. Rather than a shiny creather, Id rather them they glow as if they have a lantern. +1, Would be fun to be snuck up on by a troll, ride a super croc, or need to pull out a bow to kill fast shy creatures.

-1 to

I think she wants conditions rather than traits, in regards to the male/female thing. (think champion, greenish, slow creatures, not speed traits)

You can already pass conditions with just the male. The chance is much smaller. It is possible. Overall, even though I don't like any of these altogether, there really isn't a reason to add this until they fix lairs. You wouldn't ever see these since there's hardly any animals coming from actual lairs anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alyeska said:

You can already pass conditions with just the male.

I don't think this is true. I've been told from multiple sources, including Retrograde, devs, and people in my alliance who've investigated this in WU that you can only pass on conditions from female animals.

1 hour ago, Attenia said:

I don't think this is true. I've been told from multiple sources, including Retrograde, devs, and people in my alliance who've investigated this in WU that you can only pass on conditions from female animals.

I've done it in the past, unless it got changed it is possible. I used to breed champ crocs on chaos and Ive gotten them with just the male being champ, but the % would be rather quite small.

32 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

I've done it in the past, unless it got changed it is possible. I used to breed champ crocs on chaos and Ive gotten them with just the male being champ, but the % would be rather quite small.

How long ago was this? It's possible it could happen before and was changed before I started playing...