Sign in to follow this  
Sila

i will play MORE

20 hours ago, Belgrim said:

Finally, I kinda doubt there's anyone on the planet who "knows Java" better than developers who wrote one of the first truly amazing client-server 3D Java games, and it's still in use!!!

Knowledge = / = Application

On 10/10/2017 at 8:08 AM, Mclavin said:

It isn't about the ultimatum, it's what many new players/players on Xanadu would be thinking.
Are new players/players fed up childish to not want to be playing on a broken part of a great game? nope. new players won't give a second server another chance.

If this is the concern.  Why not turn off the option for a new character to spawn on Xanadu.  Let them go any where else and then choose to move to the promise lands after they have had enough time to know what a lagless server is like.  Takes care of noobs getting the wrong opinion of wurm.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Theonis said:

If this is the concern.  Why not turn off the option for a new character to spawn on Xanadu.  Let them go any where else and then choose to move to the promise lands after they have had enough time to know what a lagless server is like.  Takes care of noobs getting the wrong opinion of wurm.

I was gonna suggest this aswell.

A little update, I logged in and noticed Indy was recently restarted, so I boarded my Knarr and set sail for Xanadu.

Crossed over, and not a lick of sailing lag.

I was travelling with the gale this time at almost 3 times the speed and didn't once see a message about my position.

It seems to me that a more regular server reboot is the solution to the position lag issue.

• Like 1

today  [20:06:12] 224 other players are online. You are on Xanadu (664 totally in Wurm).

and no travel lag... mybe becose of that

[20:06:49] The server has been up 3 days, 4 hours and 57 minutes.

On 10/12/2017 at 4:10 PM, Dorian said:

A little update, I logged in and noticed Indy was recently restarted, so I boarded my Knarr and set sail for Xanadu.

Crossed over, and not a lick of sailing lag.

I was travelling with the gale this time at almost 3 times the speed and didn't once see a message about my position.

It seems to me that a more regular server reboot is the solution to the position lag issue.

Don't understand why they don't just do nightly reboots for a server that size...