Sign in to follow this  
Sila

i will play MORE

if lag gets fixed when 200+ppl online for weekends...   we pay more then we should for this servers...  and xanadu is terible lately... fix it or we dont gona pay €€€€€€€€€€€€€€  no more

Edited by Sila
  • Like 1

Does this mean no more spam about the Impalong that takes place in 2017 but you keep claiming is in 2018?

Not sure what I feel.

Empty threats won't make the dev's do anything though.

• Like 10

no i will login still to adverrtise and gone then :D

• Like 1

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

• Like 6

Xanadu was a mistake. It had lag even during testing . Should not have been released, but it was . I guess Sila wants it undone , deleted as that is the only fix I have heard of.

Edited by zorako
  • Like 4

So, there is this post from a Dev, that clearly states that lag is not caused by one thing, and that there isn't a magic "fix" for all of it. They did of course say they are always working tweaks to help reduce it bet they can.

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 1

If it could be fixed, it would've been done long time ago already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sila said:

till you guys fix that stupid lag...   we pay more then we should for this servers...  and xanadu is terible lately... fix it or we dont gona play 

You still own all those Glasshollow deeds?

Went there yesterday, I literally had 2-4 fps the whole time I was there. Part of your problem is all the crap you have lying around... and the 10 billion merchants. Your area has been a lagfest since the first few months of Xanadu's release and it's just gotten worse over time.

Yes, Xanadu has lag issues but your deed(s) are a big part of your lag problem. 

• Like 17

Just now, As_I_Decay said:

You still own all those Glasshollow deeds?

Went there yesterday, I literally had 2-4 fps the whole time I was there. Part of your problem is all the crap you have lying around... and the 10 billion merchants. Your area has been a lagfest since the first few months of Xanadu's release and it's just gotten worse over time.

Yes, Xanadu has lag issues but your deed(s) are a big part of your lag problem. 

This is very on point.  When I went to visit you last week, the lag around Glasshollow was unbelievable.  When I left the area to go build a rowboat home, I had no lag.

• Like 1

It doesn't look great that you've been spamming your Impalong for weeks, people rescheduled around you, and now are saying you aren't going to play, but still advertise? So you want us to come, but you won't be there? Or you'll only log on for the Impalong, but who knows? 

• Like 5

all those seals make xanadu lag, take my word on it!

• Like 1

In all seriousness, Glasshollow is worse than Kyara for lag.  Some players with a less than perfect computer have issues just sailing by it, much less driving a cart through the obstacle course of a dozen deeds there.  

If you live on Xanadu, and the lag bothers you... MOVE.  Celebration, Pristine... there's 7 other servers that are at least 4 times smaller than Xanadu, most with much more favorable terrain.  If you are stubborn and want to stay, then you bring the lag on yourself.

• Like 6

well i was not there at all this week working on highways... i belive catseyes do problems 

also real wurmanian never quit :D

Edited by Sila

I found out by suggestion of Retro that lights create lag. Once i limited dynamic lightning to 8 i'm no longer having FPS lag.

• Like 3

Same here. Dynamic lights set to 8 and I can play 2-3 clients without bad lag usually. Last 2-3 days were bad, but based on my network traceroute it was not the game servers but the latency came in at the Deutsche Telekom hops. Of course Xanadu is worse those times. Glasshollow area is a horror on my not-so-cutting-edge computer anyway - too many items there to render.

• Like 1

Why not just move away from xanadont and avoid it like the plague? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wargasm said:

In all seriousness, Glasshollow is worse than Kyara for lag.  Some players with a less than perfect computer have issues just sailing by it, much less driving a cart through the obstacle course of a dozen deeds there.  

If you live on Xanadu, and the lag bothers you... MOVE.  Celebration, Pristine... there's 7 other servers that are at least 4 times smaller than Xanadu, most with much more favorable terrain.  If you are stubborn and want to stay, then you bring the lag on yourself.

I quite agree.

Actually what I suggest is that we give ALL servers barring one new one Xanadu-like lag and then encourage all players to move to that one new server because that is how they can avoid the lag.

All wurm's problems, solved.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wargasm said:

i love this, instead of making Xanadu playable and attack the player for complaining about the lag, how about we get it fixed and make it playable/enjoyable and lag free? Just an idea. You know.

• Like 5

thats the word... nobody should blame glasshollow for server lag.

1 hour ago, Sila said:

thats the word... nobody should blame glasshollow for server lag.

Objects create lag, it's is known. Particles are the worst and so are lights. A game called secondlife had to create a prim(object) limit back in the day (2003) in order to fix the insane lag that some regions had, that's just one example, many games limit your object count. I think this game could use a system like this to fix a lot of lag issues, not sure it can be coded around to fix magically.

I am pretty sure catseyes all over are not helping with the lag either.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mclavin said:

i love this, instead of making Xanadu playable and attack the player for complaining about the lag, how about we get it fixed and make it playable/enjoyable and lag free? Just an idea. You know.

As was already stated, it's not one thing, it's not just flicking a switch to fix the lag, the lag is literally EVERYTHING on Xanadu, due to its size. The animals, the items, the structures, bridges, trees. The Devs have already said they are always working on tweaks and changes to help the problem, but there are 101 other things as well to work on like other bugs, new additions to Wurm, balance tweaks ect. A childish ultimatum like this thread will achieve nothing when it's already been addressed by a Dev.

• Like 8

Yeah rendering objects are a major reason for a lot of problems, unless your running a over 32g memory with 8g vid card and 8 core processor it becomes very noticeable. If you go away from a area with limited buildings and objects it improves greatly. Even things underground are counted in the render count as your comp doesn't see the actual ground but the objects around it and try's to render it all at once.

And catseyes could have done with out the big light particle centers that stay lit all the time. Just needed them to light up if you pick a route or if it's not connected or completed yet.

Edited by Talohan
spell correction

1 hour ago, Talohan said:

Yeah rendering objects are a major reason for a lot of problems, unless your running a over 32g memory with 8g vid card and 8 core processor it becomes very noticeable. If you go away from a area with limited buildings and objects it improves greatly. Even things underground are counted in the render count as your comp doesn't see the actual ground but the objects around it and try's to render it all at once.

And catseyes could have done with out the big light particle centers that stay lit all the time. Just needed them to light up if you pick a route or if it's not connected or completed yet.

This is an interesting point and if true then possibly adopting a technique we used for a WU anti-cheat might help. Basically what we did is stop the client from receiving information about what's underground until it was actually needed by the client because the player was actually underground. It's a bit more complicated then that when you consider cave entrances however not insanely so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Talohan said:

Yeah rendering objects are a major reason for a lot of problems, unless your running a over 32g memory with 8g vid card and 8 core processor it becomes very noticeable.

Hi.

Edited by Angelklaine