Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Artifact Bug

This is a very old bug most of us who have used artifacts know about and it came about due to a change ages ago.

I am referring to the following section

Changes to artifact charges: Artifacts still need recharging but the max recharge is 30 uses instead of 120. 10 uses are still removed automatically every week. Orb of Doom consumes 10 charges when used. Current items will have their charges set to max 30.

They almost perfectly implemented this change but they missed 1 major part, when you dig an artifact up it still sets the total charged to 120 instead of the new 30 while recharging at the huge altars will only restore it to 30 meaning a fresh dug up artifact lasts much longer than a recharged one 4x as long to be exact..(In Behavior/Terraforming)

if (egi != null) {
	egi.setLastMoved(System.currentTimeMillis());
	foundArtifacts[aa].setAuxData((byte)120);
}

So when you dig it up fresh it will last 4x longer than you are able to recharge it to, you are only able to charge it to a max of 30 on the altar.

It would be a nice balance point to finally fix this after so long I just dug up an artifact today and if you don't fix this I will be able to not recharge it for almost 4 months instead of the normal 3 weeks that is intended with that april 2015 patch.  Please make all artifacts have the max of 30 because we own multiple artifacts with over 30 charges and like the original post said all ones over 30 should be set to 30.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 2

Maybe it is not a bug and more of a reward for spending time locating then digging it up is you don't have to recharge it right away?