Sign in to follow this  
Annyil

[Bug] Coloured fances - White

I painted a curb fence and a crude wooden fence gate to white ([15:58:53] Colors: R=237, G=237, B=237.)
But we can't see the difference.
The right fence tile, the gate is painted on the picture.

c5O7oLc.jpg

I read somewhere that when GLSL Support is toggled off in the Settings that this happens (dyes on buildings/fences not seen).

Could you check to see if that's what's causing your problem?  The GLSL Support setting is under the Compatibility tab in Settings and I believe you have to make the change and save using the client before logging in, not in-game.

Please let us know to verify, thanks.

I've checked it with GLSL on core - same result. I do not have any other dye or coloured fences just white ones, those definitely not showing the colour.

I had a 64 quality white dye made for painting my knarr on the new boat system. I had my friend with 75 natural substances skill attach the dye and... no color change. checked boat and it says it has the color attached but no change. Am I missing something?

I have the very same problem with paddock fences and a cart since ... maybe the new stable client. My guess is it has something to do with the settings somewhere, but i wouldn't even know where to start :(

From what I know, white dye has no effect or anything other than lamp colour.

Do you have GLSL enabled in advanced graphics?

White dye does not currently show on models, it's a known bug and on the list

• Like 3

I hope it's not some kind of limitation on java or something. I want to be able to dye my armour white so much that I could yelp!

Edited by Wiolo

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing white dyed models too, for my paddock fences and vehicles. Got the white dye ready. :)

Is there any timeline or estimate of when this bug could be addressed? 

I've dyed a number of things white including my Knarr, which I'd rather not "re-dye" to a  colour that is working if white will be fixed soon :)

(not expecting immediate fix, just curious if I should consider re-dying if we're talking years not months)

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 12:17 PM, Vaelir said:

Is there any timeline or estimate of when this bug could be addressed? 

Same concern here - seeing the same behavior regardless of GLSL settings.  Would love to know if this is a sooner fix or a later fix just for my own planning (and sanity!).  :)

It's not a top priority thing right now, but we'll be looking at a fix for it in the upcoming weeks.

• Like 2

White dye does not currently work, instead of turning the item white it will act like it's not dyed at all and show it's original color.

Returning to this topic, as I still have rendered fences that I would love to cover with white dye once when this fix is in.  :)

Still hoping to be able to whitewash some rendered walls and fences, Tom Sawyer style.  All in good time.