Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

[No Bug] Intermediate WayStones on Completed Hwy Decaying Fast

Initially reported via Support as Ticket #55463, so a GM could come and Inspect the decay damaged waystones before I repaired them,

was instructed by a CM that the GM's said, make a forum report.

What is Supposed To Happen:....  Way Stones - Cats Eyes for 'activated'  highway' are supposed to be Decay Free...

What is Really Happening...

Discovered 3 waystones on a completed (village to village) and activated highway just North West of FM with up to 19% damage each.

[22:55:00] A marker to designate a junction in a highway. The waystone has been firmly secured to the ground by Zorako. Ql: 44.1895, Dam: 19.759846.

Between Freedom Market and Albia Heights just North west of FM, I found two waystones showing 19% damage, where there is a 5 tile side branch like to village waystone at Tribute.

On the far side of Albia Heights about 7 tiles to the North West the end of road waystone is also showing 19% damage.

I have repaired the two waystones outside of Tribute village so that the highway does not "go down".

I have left the one on the NW side of Albia Heights as decayed, so a Dev can come down and inspect it.

All waystones and cats eyes show Green.

Respectfully submitted,

Hughmongus

Co-Adminstrator, The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 1

Additional info...

Finding more, an example is next to a guard tower named "Est. 1032". This one is a junction marker I put in on a Highway that starts and ends in a pair of Villages.  So this waystone, at a mid point road junction, on a highway between two villages is also taking decay.

[18:15:48] A marker to designate a junction in a highway. The waystone has been firmly secured to the ground by Webleyvickers. Ql: 61.957184, Dam: 1.6140178.

Respectfully submitted,

Hughmongus

• Like 1

I found one I planted south of  Future Past at the highway junction along the Great South Mountain Road on Independence.

[20:46:05] A marker to designate a junction in a highway. The waystone has been firmly secured to the ground by Zorako. Ql: 21.888828, Dam: 19.73269.

[20:51:58] This is within the perimeter of Future Past.

Most of my other waystones were over 30 Q.

will leave it unimped  and unrepaired for a few days incase GM wants to see it.

Edited by zorako

I just checked 40 or so waystones on exodus, me and nadroj have planted one at almost every intersection so we have quite a few out there, longest route is just over 2500 tiles and have not seen decay on any of our waystones.

In order to have no decay, highway markers require 2 links, or to be on deed.

If the highway is a terminus, it MUST end on a deed in order to not decay. If the village disbands the waystone will decay and the links will drop. 

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

In order to have no decay, highway markers require 2 links, or to be on deed.

If the highway is a terminus, it MUST end on a deed in order to not decay. If the village disbands the waystone will decay and the links will drop. 

Sounds like his waystones meet the requirements, they should not have decay.

If they were planted and then connected to a second link after a period of time, they could have started to decay before they got their second link.  In that case, please repair what is linked and monitor it for additional decay.

Example:

If I plant a waystone on a deed x and start connecting a very long highway to another waystone off deed planted at y, the Y waystone and the catseyes from x to y will take decay after a short while until the time the link is complete and the eyes are green and the waystones have at least 2 links if off deed.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎06 at 8:12 PM, Retrograde said:

Does it have three connections or just two? 

Gud'morning Retro,  Sun, Oct 08, 2017 @ 14:55 GMT

Between FM and Albia Heights are three way stones, one north of FM 99 QL, no dmg, two outside Tribute (one leading into Tribute) and one north of Tribute.  They went in as temporary ends until Tribute's mayor gave permissions to allow a highway within 1 tile of his deed

The one NW of Albia Heights is a temporary end.  We are awaiting permission to  push the highway thru The Great Village and onward to the north west towards Rohan.

Hope this is of some help to you.  To home in on these you can teleport to AH Magic Well.

Cheers mate! Hughmongus

Dead ends will decay, they must loop with an existing highway or connect deeds to end the decay cycle.

Keep repaired till the highway can be finished.

Edited by JakeRivers

3 hours ago, HughMongus said:

Gud'morning Retro,  Sun, Oct 08, 2017 @ 14:55 GMT

Between FM and Albia Heights are three way stones, one north of FM 99 QL, no dmg, two outside Tribute (one leading into Tribute) and one north of Tribute.  They went in as temporary ends until Tribute's mayor gave permissions to allow a highway within 1 tile of his deed

The one NW of Albia Heights is a temporary end.  We are awaiting permission to  push the highway thru The Great Village and onward to the north west towards Rohan.

Hope this is of some help to you.  To home in on these you can teleport to AH Magic Well.

Cheers mate! Hughmongus

As was said previously, waystones with only 1 connection WILL take decay.  

If you check the highway document, specifically the decay section, this is noted.  Your waystone NW of Albia Heights has only ONE connection and is not on a deed.   This one will continue to decay,  so please go ahead and repair it and be sure to link it as soon as possible to a second waystone on a deed in order to give it the two links required.

• Like 1

Thank Alectrys and others for taking the time to explain and clarify what is happening.

Sadly, getting ahold of the owner of the next deed along the highway is going take patience as I know that person is working over seas and not home in Rl until roughly mid month.

This situation is also occurring elsewhere, in several cases that I know of, absent players who only come and visit their Indy deeds once a month, so are nearly impossible to get a hold of.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

16 hours ago, HughMongus said:

Thank Alectrys and others for taking the time to explain and clarify what is happening.

Sadly, getting ahold of the owner of the next deed along the highway is going take patience as I know that person is working over seas and not home in Rl until roughly mid month.

This situation is also occurring elsewhere, in several cases that I know of, absent players who only come and visit their Indy deeds once a month, so are nearly impossible to get a hold of.

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

When you come to a situation as this, it may be a good idea to reroute the highway around the deed, while keeping the current highway as is until the old highway rule is changed.  You could always run into the problem where a deed on an existing old highway refuses to allow an official highway through their deed.  In that case a reroute would be needed as we cannot strong-arm people into seeing the vision our way.

Speak with the people in the local area to see if you can come up with a solution which is agreeable to all.  At least you know not to plant waystones with only one link, or at least keep an eye on them for improve and repair ;)

Good luck with your project.