Sign in to follow this  
Golddrakken

Public Traders

Is there a list of Public Traders (I am on Independance server)?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Well, players that have Traders can give the public access to them. I had a few *free* ones I got there some years ago when deeds disbanded and Traders remained behind (yes there was a time when this was the way it was). I put a 1 tile house over them and allowed all the public to access them as I had no concern to drain them for coins. Eventually others took them over and blocked off public access, which is the usual thing now. No idea where open Traders are located there now.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ayes said:

Well, players that have Traders can give the public access to them. I had a few *free* ones I got there some years ago when deeds disbanded and Traders remained behind (yes there was a time when this was the way it was). I put a 1 tile house over them and allowed all the public to access them as I had no concern to drain them for coins. Eventually others took them over and blocked off public access, which is the usual thing now. No idea where open Traders are located there now.

=Ayes=

Something similar happened to my trader on Exodus. When I shrunk my deed I left the trader exposed by destroying the roof/house that surrounded it hoping it would be useful to others. I never disbanded my deed so it's still a citizen of mine however even though I paid the full 50s for it, I have no access to it nor do the people I left it behind for.

Apparently the rules of the game permit someone to steal something from you in this way even though you paid for it and it's still part of your village. Rights of the thief trump those of the rightful owner. Sigh.

~Nappy

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, Nappy said:

Something similar happened to my trader on Exodus.

Well what I mentioned was way before Exodus was created. This was on Independence around 6 years ago when the standard thing was for Traders to be left behind when deeds disbanded; thus, they were free to claim for anyone who put a house on them, no new deed necessary. Most then just locked them up within a 3x3 windowless house so only they had access to drain them and never bothered to put a new deed over them.

Free Traders obtained in this way were the norm back then until the Devs decided to put an end to this situation. Your situation sounds just more like a bug to me.

=Ayes=

7 hours ago, Ayes said:

Free Traders obtained in this way were the norm back then until the Devs decided to put an end to this situation. Your situation sounds just more like a bug to me.

=Ayes=

That's what I thought too so I placed a support ticket about it.

What I quickly discovered is that nope. The game permits people to place a house (and later a deed) over top of your trader and you can be blocked from having access to the trader with the full support of the game staff even when that trader is still a citizen of an active deed.

So in other words, someone just reached into my pocket and stole the equivalent of $88 Canadian dollars from me with the full support of the game staff etc. Should mention that this happened on Exodus, a PVE server, where theft is not supposed to be permitted.

What I would expect is a way to retract my trader so that I could place it where I want or at least the ability to just delete it altogether.

Edited by Nappy

I actually learned yesterday you can place traders off deed which I never understood the logic of. This also explained a few things - you can shrink your deed size also and they will stick around off deed. People will infact take advantage if you let your walls decay. The only thing you could do in that circumstance is to remove the trader from your village in spite.

1 hour ago, Niki said:

I actually learned yesterday you can place traders off deed which I never understood the logic of. This also explained a few things - you can shrink your deed size also and they will stick around off deed. People will infact take advantage if you let your walls decay. The only thing you could do in that circumstance is to remove the trader from your village in spite.

In my case I purposely destroyed a building to make it community available. In my case removing it's citizenship means that the thief ends up with ownership too.

Strange that the game has decided to support theft on a PVE server.

That sort of thing is the reason that I play on PvP servers.

People just use the PvE rules to be jerks in safety.  At least on PvP jerks have to be careful not to piss off too many people.

Now consider the fact that the only way to reach your trader is by violating game rules that would get *you* banned.