header.png

Vynoras Grace - Killin U softly - Steam 

HI Everyone!

So... the wait is finally over, and this week we announce what the new skill coming to Wurm Online is, and we do so with the factional fight brothers! We sat down with them this week and went through the ins and outs of the new skill, talked about its inception, and just what you can do with it. So go ahead, watch, I'll wait.

I really hate listening to my own voice...

Anyways, some of you sneaky Wurmians already guessed it, but in-case you didn't, the new skill coming to Wurm is Archaeology! 

As shown in the video, you'll be able to find fragments of items across the lands of Wurm. As you search you will find remnants of ancient, long forgotten deeds and also learn a little history about the deeds and those who occupied them. 

That's not all though, one secret we kept is that there's another skill coming, one tied to Archaeology, and that's Restoration. Investigating will only yield small fragments, and you'll need to work on them with a chisel and brush to identify what they might be. once you've worked out what the fragment is you'll have to piece together multiples of the same fragment in order to restore the item to its former glory.

Some Wurmians have been bragging that they have uncovered seemingly insignificant relics, but closer examination of some of the restored items have has shown some very unique properties, as if they've been blessed by the deities of Valrei themselves...

That's not all though. Preliminary explorations on long past deeds have included reports of as yet unknown items. Could these scattered fragments be relics of ancient Wurmians? What others could there be? 

hhStatue1024i.jpg

Mysterious statue pieced together by exploratory Archaeology team on Celebration- Unknown date of origin

Random Enkounters.

Has there been something strange in your neighbourhood? Is your roof mysteriously shiny? Does that creaky door no longer make that telltale sound? Is your broken wagon shiny and mended? 

If you answered yes to one or more of these, you may have been a subject of a random Enkounter! 

In his desire to see more of the world, and strike fear into the hearts of more Wurmians, Enki has begun a series of trials, appearing in random places all over the Wurm world. Whoever finds him, and completes the tasks he sets out, receives whatever is in his pocket at the time (They're weird pockets, I once got a breath mint, two tickets to the 1992 Superbowl, and the second half of "Gone With the Wind" on Beta-max)

Keep your eyes peeled for anything strange, and carry a broken engine part at all times in-case you need to distract him and run!

WU Beta
The Wurm Unlimited beta was launched this week, with the new rendering client like Wurm Online, and everything up to and including the last patch. We'll be working on a few issues raised over the weekend, with the live launch planned for Monday, 9th of October. So make sure to get everything ready!

Community Content
This week is the showcase of a new trailer for the Wurm Unlimited server of Wyvern Reborn! a great trailer showing off some features unique to the Wyvern server run by Sindusk, an awesome modder and host. I've poked my head in on the new server, and I have to say, horned ponies are OP!

Check out the trailer here, and if you're looking for somewhere new to check out, definitely check out the server.

That's it for this week, there's a lot to digest and I'm sure many of you are already planning adventures across the land with the next update. We're gearing up towards a massive end of the month, with loads more to still show, including a full overview of the new Valrei system and much much more. Until next time though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 22

Lovely that there will be something to tell about ancient deeds.  So not lovely asking people to travel in this game where travel takes up so much time.  But oh well.

This sort of sounds like a waste of time, unless it means we'll dig up bones more often?

another week and no patch :S  

glassmaking skill would be more fun :D

Edited by Sila
  • Like 1

Ooooooh!  I WAS hoping for glassmaking, but digging up relics and creating new statues? I'm in. Time to put that undergrad degree to work, I guess. *puts on adventurer hat*

Are those mini deity statues??

Edited by NeeNee
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As you search you will find remnants of ancient, long forgotten deeds and also learn a little history about the deeds and those who occupied them.

I am wondering if these are actual deeds (Villages) from the past or just fictional ones made up to fit some storyline. Seems to me it might be the latter as actual deeds (Villages) that have disbanded over the years might not hold that much interest to provide further investigation, nor would they have had any of these "unknown items" which might be reconstructed from fragments. Just have to wait until the story unfolds I suppose...

Good news on WU being updated next week as I am interested in building there with some of the new wall and fence textures not yet available. Various other perks awaiting within the update as well for us patient WU affectionatos.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

They are real villages, if you watch the video, the factional fight brothers even find some that they remember! 

Can certain attractive and awesome vynora priests fully take part in this new skill?

Retro, you know for a fact I called archeology and fragments being placed over the world to restore items, bro how did I hit this nail on the head, mate you need to hire me as a future seeing wizard

• Like 2

Archeology ... LOL, got to admit i did not see that coming.  :)

well done devs

4 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

https://pastebin.com/e4maEM7L

give me my 10 gold niki!

I guessed it before you though. Actually before we even made a wager. Think a lot of people did

Edited by Niki

This skill ties into wurm and wurm pvp so well, I'm super hyped to go exploring chaos and the ruins of my enemy indiana jones style, this is very good, I will even explore more of freedom with this skill and race to 100, guys promise me, if you reach 100 your skill title will be Indiana jones!!! 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

the new skill coming to Wurm is Archaeology!

I'm excited! And I already have a shiny leather adventurers hat, now I just need a whip!

• Like 2

While your working on skills can you make some of the current skills more useful and actually work. Like artifact skill which is impossible to grind and does nothing. 

Will whip be an item we can discover, would be very nice. 

Im legit going to go make a room now and make it archeology filled, somehow, ohhhhh in to hype 

3 minutes ago, Egard said:

While your working on skills can you make some of the current skills more useful and actually work. Like artifact skill which is impossible to grind and does nothing. 

In a way, that's what we'll be doing

• Like 3

ok, this looks really interesting!  Sounds like a reason to go spend time on the oldest servers to skill it up?  Xanadu may suck for this skill?  Can you just find one old deed and spend all your archeology time on that one deed?  Do you need to move to other deeds?  Can you use up all the potential from the one old deed over time?  Will it be like Prospecting, where just moving around to different tiles is all you need, but keeping in the same area?

Does the age of the deed or what items used to be on the deed make a difference for what you can do or find?