Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2017

Unfortunately I will not be stocking seryll or moonmetals for improvements, not looking to spend several gold on just a small amount of lumps on top of the 4g I've already invested into this Imaplong :P

On 06/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, Shrimpiie said:

Impalong Staff

(PM one of them when they are online in local to assist you with returning your items, give you improving materials, refuel forges, or assign you a room in the Inn)

Hide contents

Assistants

• Punishlife

On 06/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, Shrimpiie said:

Fourthly, the list of impers and Impalong staffers is small right now as I have not contacted a lot of folks as to if they will be able to help or improve, but the list will grow larger I promise!

2WrcjaB.jpg

You might not have chosen the Staff life, but the Staff life chose you.  LOL :D

• Like 2

Haha, it will be a fun! :D
I'm happy to help with imping to leatherworking, tailoring, carpentry, fine carpentry, bowery, fletching, toymaking, jewerly, pottery, masonry.

Yes! Hello, fellow tailor and carper!  Oh and pottererer! Hey, I'll be lonely at the BS forges :(  Necroe's only partially entertaining.

On 10/24/2017 at 5:12 PM, Shrimpiie said:

Unfortunately I will not be stocking seryll or moonmetals for improvements, not looking to spend several gold on just a small amount of lumps on top of the 4g I've already invested into this Imaplong :P

That is a lot to invest into a community get together.  I knew some investment went into one, but never though that half a grand was what it takes.  From what I remember is that most materials were donated by other community members.  Hence why I was making a joke out of the seryll thing.  What did you drop all this into silver into?  Deed upkeep dosn't count.

its interesting when it happend at glasshollow impalong in 2014 we didnt spend single silver!

same will be this year, what would not be donated we gona make it.

Edited by Sila

14 hours ago, Theonis said:

That is a lot to invest into a community get together.  I knew some investment went into one, but never though that half a grand was what it takes.  From what I remember is that most materials were donated by other community members.  Hence why I was making a joke out of the seryll thing.  What did you drop all this into silver into?  Deed upkeep dosn't count.

Because I wish to make it a memorable experience for all who attend. Very little of my real life money goes into Wurm, I make most of what I need through ingame sales instead. I would say roughly 1.5g of it went into saccables and improvement materials, while the rest went into the acquisition of mainly prizes for random giveaway or events. And no it isn't deed upkeep that I count in the mix ;)

And making an Impalong can cost as much or as little as you want it really, I tend to just buck up and purchase things instead of dealing with the uncertainty of relying on purely or mainly donations to make it happen. Now yes I do stock a bit more than what will be used, but this is squarly to ensure that there are zero shortages, that someone cannot get their new helm enchanted or someone's first plateset cannot get improved due to lack of steel. Additionally, I entirely accept donations for prizes/saccables/imping materials, but I choose not to rely on them to make the Impalong happen.

My first Impalong happened to be Willow's last Impalong she hosted, and I distinctly remember how it seemed there was an endless supply of everything, lavish prizes, improvement materials, and good Christmas spirit for everyone to be helping one another. I try to provide that platform for folks so they can enjoy maybe even their first Impalong to the fullest. I've attended a great deal of Impalongs in my time since, and all of them have their ups and downs. When I hosted the Christmas Impalong last year, I hoped to combine the best of all the Impalongs I had seen, and to try to ensure that no "downs" remained, the biggest of which tended to be shortages of materials/saccables, shortages of games/prizes, and shortages of management staff available to help in the day-to-day tasks of passing back items, moving items to finished bins, and passing out improvement materials. That all said, yes there were some downs last year, mainly in the department of logistics/management, of which I hope to shore up greatly this Impalong.

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 8

I will definitely be there again.  I had a blast helping out last year and I would like to help with Blacksmithing again this year.

It really wasn't your fault that they introduced both the new permission system and new cooking update last year before the Impalong. That being said, I was there from beginning to nearly the end and had a fabulous time. Even with all the commotion and "downs", it was super fun. Don't be so hard on yourself, Shrimps.

Kyoko! I'd say the more, the merrier at the BS forges. We got slammed last year and it didn't stop until the end. I worked 3 forges for the first 3 days. Come on down!

• Like 4

Damminson will be there again this year to help with passing back stuff(I have already talked to Shrimpiie about it) and will also *try* to do some imping of Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Pottery, and Masonry. I'll also be donating several crates of 90ql iron lumps(the quantity depends on how much I manage to mine in the next 30 days).

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎06 at 5:35 PM, Pingpong said:

Eh whatever is needed at any given time, call it too many years of wurm skilling :P

seems not  everyone reads the top 10 of niarjha or  however you spell that.. 

2 hours ago, psisimian said:

seems not  everyone reads the top 10 of niarjha or  however you spell that.. 

Yeah... who would ever religiously check it, to see if they've gone up a ranking.....

yeah, what a loser... hah.. hah

Jt6aRzA.png

• Like 1

Ill be bringing a 80 channeling Vyn (AlexofKorova), and probably 70+ channeling Nahjo (SaltyBattery) by then for casting, along with my main, who can do 90+ BS, PAS, and Carp, and 70+ Fine Carp

I'm going to bring myself, KyleBooze and I'm gonna smith whatever I feel like.

• Like 1

will be joining as well with 2 priests as warm bodies for the other priests, and myself for Blacksmithing carp finecarp, and whatever else is needed. can donate some extra iron  1k @75ql and some veggies to chop up and sac, 

Priests are willing and able 100 faith Vyn (Wakaremasen)  and Fo(Apollonia) batteries.

( just dont make me do deal or no deal again ^_^ )

Dredbanger

• Like 1

On 2017-10-06 at 9:40 AM, Pingpong said:

I'll come imps stuff, kill mobs and spar everyone :).

Went through this whole thread and noticed no-one volunteered to battle that evil Pingpong and his threat to fight anyone and everyone in attendance. I shall take on that task, even if he mashes my LMShield down to paper thinness, again. Also, would like to add that the good people of the Freemason alliance will be in attendance with a new event. Details to follow at a future date.

:)

• Like 2

I think that battling that evil Pingpong should be one of the events at the Shrimpalong. God knows he raises enough ruckuss at each event each year!

• Like 1

Oi Shrimpiie, I would like to deliver those 600 x 70ql wool strings and 600 x 70ql cotton strings for you that you ordered many months ago :blink:. Is there some time next week I could deliver or shall I just drop them on some specific location? :) 

Just drop them off on my docks next to the HotA statue if you could and send me the bill for them in the mail(if I purchased them from you) and if it was a donation just make sure they are labeled with your name. I've had so many orders over the past few months I totally lost track of them all. One would think that after losing track of everything last year(and double ordering, hence why I had 6,000 70ql copper...) that I would've done a better job keeping it all marked down :P

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Valdor said:

I think that battling that evil Pingpong should be one of the events at the Shrimpalong. God knows he raises enough ruckuss at each event each year!

Valdor and Gumbo with the saves! If this happens, I can blacksmith without worry of slave-driving. :D

I`ll be there. Got 96 Leatherworking and 87 Blacksmithing and some other 70-90 skills but would prefer to be signed up on Blacksmithing duty as I intend to grind that up 90+ hopefully during the impalong! Will be fun!

• Like 1

I volunteer to be a utility imper; will jump in where the most help is needed (leather, cloth, BS, fine carp, carp, pottery, masonry).