Sign in to follow this  
Alegria

CORPSE PERMISSIONS

I want to report a possible bug concerning corpse permissions.

I spend some time on epic, and  returned to Freedom yesterday to tend to my animals.

When I got up this morning, I noticed one of my horses had died.

The animal was on my deed, it was branded and I did have ride/lead permissions on that animal pior to it's death.

I should have permissions to butcher, move, and bury the corpse, but the only option I got was to examine it.

I suspect it has something to do with not being on the server when it died.

There is a bug currently which might affect it - please try to activate any item in your inventory and pick up the corpse after - that may be a temp workaround to the issue.

I have an update on this;

I tried the trick Jaz suggested, and it didn't work. I cannot pick up the corpse.

My alt, who hasn't left the deed in ages, can't do anything either. However I'm not sure she has all permissions.

It seems like the same bug as RavenLure, but I wasn't 100% sure, because she's member of a deed, and permissions can screw things up badly.

In my case, I own the deed, so it can't be a permission issue.

When I right-click the body: [16:30:10] You see the corpse of venerable pearlwild.[16:30:10] It still shows a brand from village Koyaanisqatsi.

And that's all interaction I can do atm.

Yes I'd like an update on this as well. It's getting very annoying. My alt is co-mayor of my deed, with all the permissions checked. Should be able to do anything on the deed. Can't pickup or butcher a dead horse that died of old age.

5 hours ago, Amadee said:

Yes I'd like an update on this as well. It's getting very annoying. My alt is co-mayor of my deed, with all the permissions checked. Should be able to do anything on the deed. Can't pickup or butcher a dead horse that died of old age.

Nods  cannot brand or unbrand or pick up cannot bury butcher nothing I too have all perms checked ... and if the mayor is not on .. for an extended time. What am I to do. 

I had to wait for him to log in to remove a corps from a pen so I can put another animal in there. This is in our breeding barn I need to be able to take care of the animals ....in all aspects.

4 hours ago, RavenLure said:

I had to wait for him to log in to remove a corps from a pen so I can put another animal in there.

There's no need to remove a corpse to put a new animal in the pen.  It has no negative effects unless you put a meat eater in there and it eats the corpse but that's hardly a negative

43 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

There's no need to remove a corpse to put a new animal in the pen.  It has no negative effects unless you put a meat eater in there and it eats the corpse but that's hardly a negative

that may be true  did  not say there aws negative effect.. please do not read more into what I am saying.. I just do not want to do that ok... please stop reading between the lines.. and putting words into my mouth.. I just do not want to do that... I never ever ever said  that it has negative effects ok.... I say what I mean and mean what I say what is so dang hard about that.

Now that we go THAT out of the way * long sighs *

I did hear from Retro that we need to have perm on each individual animal, regardless of deed setting... to pick up corpses if they are branded to the deed. It does not matter what the deed settings are... (This is how I understood what he said and NOT a direct quote from him. I just wanted to make that clear.)

Ok I do have issue with this.. This new up date should apply only to off deed.. not on deed which all my activities happen... I do understand that it is to protect people  belongings but. when you join a deed or a village you understand what is involved. This new up date puts server limitations on those who are trying to help run the deed the village or what ever.. and some have many many animals and need help.. so I guess our options are... one  unbrand them all....( you will need to brand to put on horse shoes and tac.. then you can unbrand again) or  Just have the deed owner.. take time out of their day to perm each individual animal.. to one or more people to help take care of them and to what needs to be done.

There has to be another way.. as I said this new update should only apply when you are off deed.. when you are on deed it should go by deed rules.... and deed perms... To me this new update with animals and perms is unacceptable.  I ask that the powers that be please take another look and consideration into this situation. to look for a better solution.

Edited by RavenLure
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RavenLure said:

so I guess our options are... one  unbrand them all....( you will need to brand to put on horse shoes and tac.. then you can unbrand again) or  Just have the deed owner.. take time out of their day to perm each individual animal.. to one or more people to help take care of them and to what needs to be done.

There has to be another way.. as I said this new update should only apply when you are off deed.. when you are on deed it should go by deed rules.... and deed perms... To me this new update with animals and perms is unacceptable.  I ask that the powers that be please take another look and consideration into this situation. to look for a better solution.

I agree there has to be another way.  Basically branding is now only for select animals being taken off deed to rifts (primarily horses), to protect their gear.  Or branding them temporarily to put gear on them or to repair gear. Otherwise, no one but the deed owner is able to butcher the animals.  The idea that we should brand all animals on deed is now a dead idea.  Why not just tell us that and be done with it.

In my case, my alt is the deed co-owner with co-mayor role, with full permissions for everything except disbanding, and with the animals all marked "deed may manage" too, meaning my other alts should be able to butcher.  Yes, of course I had something activated in inventory.  I had the butcher knife activated. No option to butcher or take the corpse. I see no reason why these restrictions should apply to those on-deed with full permissions.

Let there be a special option for those being taken to these rifts, (a relatively few animals to be changed and handled by those actually going to rifts), rather than applying it to every animal on every deed including sheep, cows, bison, etc, regardless of whether anyone from those deeds gives a fat, flying, flip about rifts or not. 

ps: sorry if I sound grumpy. Well I am. lol.  Always grumpy when I get up in the morning and this issue has me grumpy anyway no matter the time of day.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1