Sign in to follow this  
Jibberish

Client Crash Always Leaves Account Logged On

I did search to see if this has been reported before, but saw nothing, maybe I'm blind?

My client crashes constantly while I'm logged into Wurm, no matter what my settings are. But even though the client is no longer running on my computer, my character stays logged on and will not log off, every single disconnect results in this. The only way I can get the character logged out, is if I log in again and disconnect properly.

[17:30:25] Player has logged in on Exodus.

Disconnect happens within 30 seconds of logged in.

[17:54:17] Player has logged in on Exodus.

Logging in, crashes almost immediately.

[17:54:46] Player has logged in on Exodus.

Second relog successful, disconnecting properly.

[17:34:52] Player lost link.

[17:34:52] Player left the world.

This happens with all characters I can log into. There is no crash message, so I normally don't even know it's disconnected until I go to tab to that account.

I know it doesn't resolve your crashing problem, but I just wanted to advise that any disconnect / crash / closing the client without having your character log off by sleeping in a bed will leave the character logged on for a limited amount of time.  From my experience it's generally about 5 minutes.  After that time, your character should be fully logged out so don't worry that it's remaining logged on in the background for a very long time.

One caution is that your character can be attacked during that time that it's waiting to completely log out.  One possible explanation is that this is intentional to not reward players who might intentionally discon their characters in the middle of a fight.

For the crashing, try including your console log to give info that might be helpful in resolving that.

The problem is, I can leave my character in that state for hours, and it still won't log out. There is no 'limited amount of time' that it's logged in for, it just remains logged in. The accounts are logged in, in houses on pve servers, so all it does it drain food and water bars, and prevent sleep bonus gain. I'll work on getting the console log when I have the time, but my main concern is the character staying logged in, not the crashes.

I strongly recommend posting a console log for the development support staff to take a look at.  It includes alot of details about game settings and processes running so it really helps them identify where the problem might be (both crashes and character remaining logged on).  You can find the console log for your latest run of a Wurm Online character in the folder on your PC used by Wurm Online ( I use Windows 7 and mine's at user/Wurm ) and it'll have a name like console.{character name}.log where {character name} is the name of your Wurm Online character.  It's a text file that you can cut and paste into a post here.

One further question i'd have is are you able to check what processes are running when you log out of Wurm Online and is Java still running in the background? 

Also, do you have more than one Wurm Online character and is the staying-connected problem happening with all the other characters you might run? 

Just trying to narrow down what might be happening.  If it's a Host issue then development support staff will need to be the ones working to resolve it.