Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Option to Keep Lamps Lit On-Deed

Please give a deed permission / setting to allow lamps to stay lit on a deed, either permanently, or timer based.

With the new shading system, I can't see anything in my house, or parts of my deed in shaded areas...

Thanks. :)

• Like 7

We could even go further and have an option per on-deed structure - but the maybe more simple deed based option would be great too.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought if you light a lamp at night then it turns off during the day. Lighting lamps during the day makes it stay all the time. I might be thinking of something else in some other game though.

+1

+1

Would also like to see open fireplaces burn on winter days

11 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I'm probably wrong, but I thought if you light a lamp at night then it turns off during the day. Lighting lamps during the day makes it stay all the time. I might be thinking of something else in some other game though.

+1

when you first light a lamp on deed during the day it will stay lit for the day, into the night, and turn off the next day, then it starts the night and day cycle of being lit.

As of now, the only way to have a lamp lit during the day, is to go upto it, and light it.

17 hours ago, Stormblade said:

would rather just have blessed lamps stay perma lit.

+1 I could get behind this (at least on deed and in caves). Off-deed and outside of caves just at night.

Edited by Xallo

+1 for lamps to have the option to stay lit. (while using oil from an oil barrel)  during the day, as now with the new shaders (good work devs)  There are much darker shadows than before.

If like to see lamps get time options similar to how gates used to work.

Yeah, I made a similar suggestion a while back, to have some more control over lighting on-deed. You make a good point about colored lighting.

• Like 1