Sign in to follow this  
Vannin

Non-prem characters being deleted

What "rules" are there around this area? Over the years I've had a couple of non-prem chars disappear , my daughter was playing one for a while as well which she came back to and was gone. Tried to log into an alt that I keep at a remote deed only yesterday, was also carrying a few rare resources, shards/dirt etc., and he was no more! The deed only had 7 days left on it (now rectified), presume this has an effect as my daughter's char owned a deed which disbanded before her char disappeared.

20 minutes ago, Vannin said:

What "rules" are there around this area? Over the years I've had a couple of non-prem chars disappear , my daughter was playing one for a while as well which she came back to and was gone. Tried to log into an alt that I keep at a remote deed only yesterday, was also carrying a few rare resources, shards/dirt etc., and he was no more! The deed only had 7 days left on it (now rectified), presume this has an effect as my daughter's char owned a deed which disbanded before her char disappeared.

If its premmed once it wont dispear, but if you never prem it, it will be deleted after a while (not sure how long). So easiest is to prem it once, get the money back and it will stay forever even if that 1 month is the only month in years. Should be like that, i have a char i keep some of my stuff on, had 1 month of prem in 2015 and still is there. 

Any non-prem char that never had premium will be deleted after 90 days of not logging in. Any char that had premium at any time, will never* be deleted

*as long as the game servers are kept alive.

as says 3 month no login and gone, got few for years i log em just to reset timer

Actually, a never been premium character will be deleted after 84 days of not being logged in (3 Wurm months x 28 days each).

Best thing is to buy premium once for the important toons (main, storage alts, deed holders); it costs 10 silver to buy premium from token, you get 2 silver back for getting premium the very first time and a referral to sell for ~6 silver, which means you will have a forever-lasting toon at the price of merely 2 silver.

Yeah, I used to log them in regularly but since work got a bit more savvy on network security etc I've not been able to play at work and have not always remembered to do it at home ;)  Didn't think it had been as long as 84 days, but it could have been.

Edited by Vannin

Best practice for me is to put my alts on my friendlist and that way I see the last login easily. Usually I log them at least once in every 30 days.

6 hours ago, Vannin said:

Didn't think it had been as long as 84 days, but it could have been.

if you have logging enabled, you might be able to tell from your log files when they were last logged in.

Check        \Wurm\players\charactername\logs