Sign in to follow this  
Orsus

Weaponsmithing with limited resources.

Recently I figured out a way to raise Weaponsmithing without having a high level of mining.

For awhile I was making arrow heads as this uses a very small amount of iron lumps to make a lot of them.  Then I tried making the carving knives in mass amounts

Create a lot of Long Spears.  They are improbable using carpentry supplies, instead of having to have high QL iron.  So create 20 of them improve them till you it begins to be difficult.  

Put them in a fire, and pull them out before they are destroyed and start improving them again after they are repaired.

• Like 1

Always good to know, thanks.

I do, as always, prefer just playing, and getting there naturally, the game is kind of a drag if you chase skills and high ql everything. The magic lies in growing from nothing, to something :)

We transferred our WO skills to our server when we found it, and i am still only in the 70's with the major skills, it's still hard work, but it's great.

As for your suggestion, does doing it steel have any advantage over iron in terms of gain?

I have not noticed any increase in skill gains when using steel, however it felt like the improving did go easier when I made a few items from steel.

A great source for the charcoal I have found the Lava Spiders, until I ran out of the ones I could find.  They are slow moving so easy to ride away from if they get the upper hand in a fight.  The odd Hell hound can provide higher QL Charcoal than charcoal piles until you are high level in the skill.

As Steel has been mentioned, a Dredge is a great method for blacksmithing skill gains, have not tested to see if it will burn in a forge yet, as it also improves with carpentry tools.

Unless things have changed,  i believe you get the same skill gain from improving as you do creating?

In WO the material mattered because some were harder to work with increasing gains. WU skill ticks are not effected by difficulty so skill ticks should be the same regardless of materials used.

Generally skill gains are better from creating items since on a fast creation action server you can just queue up your *create* button in the Crafting Window. I only use *improving* to actually improve the items that I want to use.

=Ayes=