Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Change Mole Senses to a skill like Prospecting, replace with new spell and rune.

In light of the responses informing me that this is, in fact, a spell: new suggestion. Please replace Mole Senses with something more noteworthy for Magranon (and ditto for the rune version) and turn this into a skill, since it's pretty much the counterpart to Prospecting as-is, and it's kind of silly that it's a spell, IMO.

e.g. you're standing on dirt above ground, and this (through skill, tool, whatever) tells you that there is rock at a depth of '20,' which would mean it would take 20 digging actions to reach it in that corner.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 1

Ah, Magranon... that explains why I'd never heard of it. Awfully mundane to be restricted to a spell or rune, however. It's really something that should be more available a la Prospecting. Especially since it's essentially the non-mining counterpart.

anyone use this spell? I dont recall hearing of anyone using it

+1

Maybe they can use this to revamp the Old Godspells and make them worth having again.

18 minutes ago, armyskin said:

anyone use this spell? I dont recall hearing of anyone using it

For pretty good reason, it seems.

Let me sum this up just a bit more succinctly for anybody browsing that doesn't want to take any links, or look anything up: as-is, this is a spell that belongs solely to Magranon, whose priests are unable to dig, and it takes 60 favor on a 30 second cast time. For something that is comparable to Prospecting (but not nearly as useful.)

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

-1; I think we all know why.

No, we don't. Enlighten us.

58 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

No, we don't. Enlighten us.

Priests are already horribly nerfed into the ground; why further weaken the weakest priest (Mag)?  It makes no logical sense to do so.

13 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Priests are already horribly nerfed into the ground; why further weaken the weakest priest (Mag)?  It makes no logical sense to do so.

I really doubt anyones cast mole senses this whole year, changing the spell wouldn't be weakening it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

I really doubt anyones cast mole senses this whole year, changing the spell wouldn't be weakening it.

+1 free up the slot so Mag gets a real spell

• Like 1

What they said. It literally serves no purpose whatsoever leaving it as-is.

Furthermore, how is removing a spell that nobody uses and replacing said spell with something better "weakening" it? Anything would be an improvement over the current state, short of simply removing it and leaving Mag priests a spell down.

Edited by Delacroix

27 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Holy crop probably gets cast less.

Can we replace that too?

Does Holy Crop make more sense as a skill than as a spell?

There's your answer.

I used it once as a mag champ to just see what it did, it really does not tell you anything more than using a shovel for a few minutes can tell you.

I think being able to create a rune that anyone can use is good enough for this.