Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Make some other tools work for veggies like Scythes for grains

Grains can be harvested with scythes, that can be runed with +10% runes, enchanted with woa/coc and give a faster and better way of harvesting grains at the price of having a good tool for that.

My advice is to make countepart tools work with the other crops:

- Shovels for roots (carrots, sugar beets, etc)
- Sickles for other stuff (garlic, lettuce, cabbage, strawberries, etc)

This way, balance will be ensured among various kind of farming products, and everything will make more sense : D

• Like 1

+1 or gives us gloves that can have working enchants and runes for hand actions :D

Or just give some extra love to rakes... since they are already used for farming afterall.

+1 for the idea anyway.

A very big NO! for *requiring* different tools to *harvest* various crops. The main reason that I never grow any grain crops is that I must switch to a scythe to harvest them, while all other crops are really harvested by hand. Also have to carry around an extra tool. No thanks for more switching around of various tools to be required for farming.

=Ayes=

17 minutes ago, Ayes said:

A very big NO! for *requiring* different tools to *harvest* various crops. The main reason that I never grow any grain crops is that I must switch to a scythe to harvest them, while all other crops are really harvested by hand. Also have to carry around an extra tool. No thanks for more switching around of various tools to be required for farming.

=Ayes=

I don't mean that they will be "required" , but that they will give a boost according to their stats, while harvesting with hands will be the same as before.

• Like 1

+1 to tool-optional harvesting for non-grain crops. No reason why only grains should have the rune/coc advantage. 

+1 to OP, Personally I would like farmer's gloves that can be worn and activated. Wurm needs more gloves :/ question would be cloth tailoring or leatherworking for that though.