Sign in to follow this  
Golddrakken

Returning, with questions

Left in 2013 and re-subscribed yesterday...have a cpl. questions to get back up-to-date:

>To place a Deed in an area that was previously Deeded and now abandoned will an existing structure hinder me?  Does every wall have to be gone before I can Deed over it (currently it shows one or two walls left).

>Deeds are still sold via Traders?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Deeds are still sold via traders, yup.
You need to own all the buildings you are going to deed over.

Edited by Darmalus

You can also just carve a deed stake and if you have silvers in the bank, create your deed that way.  Also, tokens are no longer forced to be the center of a deed.  Can set E, W, N and S borders, so long as the length of deed isn't more than 4x the width.

Welcome back!

1 hour ago, Golddrakken said:

Deeds are still sold via Traders?

all you need is a deed stake and silver in the bank

can not deed within 2 tiles of a existing building, can always expand your deed later if the building decays

decay is accelerated on the foreign building if you overlap it with your perimeter. 
but be mindful of the fact presented by Jake.

As mentioned, you can carve a "Deed Stake" from a shaft with a carving knife. Then you just activate it to start the deed placement process. No need to spend the 10 silver for a form from a Trader or needing to travel to one to purchase. A lot more convenient now with no initial silver outlay required. 21x23 is about the total tile size (44) that will still keep you just under 1 silver monthly upkeep, which is the minimum upkeep required. Any smaller and you are just loosing that space potential for the same monthly price, other than the initial placement fee.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been fixed or changed, but when I used a deed stake a while back, it wouldn't let me go over 11x11 on the initial placement. Ended up having to do 11x11 first and then resize. No mobs around so it wasn't blocked and resize worked immediately.  No biggie though, just an fyi. Took me a minute to figure out why it wasn't working so thought I'd mention it.

Not sure about deeding over the buildings if only a couple walls are remaining.  Logically I would think that if walls are gone, then it's no longer a protected building, but Wogically that may not be the case.  :)

Edited by Amadee

1 minute ago, Amadee said:

Not sure if this has been fixed or changed

Yes, that issue was resolved some time ago. Now any size deed can be placed initially, as well as various sizes tried out to see costs before the final confirmation page is clicked. Sort of fun to try different dimensions and so forth.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies and information...'Deed Stakes' are new since I was here last, as well as the ability to make the Deed rectangular rather than only square.  The Deed Stake sounds really convenient...as mentioned above saves me from having to go find a trader, etc. 

I love this game...logged in for 1st time in approx. 4 years and had to remember how to open inventory, how to manipulate the screens/windows, etc., and while I'm putzing around with all that a Troll walked up and 'Welcomed me back', lol -- 5-minutes in the game and dead. :lol:  

Thank you for your time and assistance.

• Like 3

Welcome back! I just returned a few weeks ago myself, and I must say that I am enjoying myself again. I do miss my old character, so I hope you kept yours and won't have to start over.

4 hours ago, Amadee said:

Not sure about deeding over the buildings if only a couple walls are remaining.

The building must be gone completely.

• Like 2