Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Random Enkounters

12 hours ago, Ajala said:

If you spawn in Xanadu, you may find you have to walk for a while to find anybody.

Or swim,

at least to find me :D

• Like 1

*giggles* I do love your imaginative brain for tasks and prizes! 

Edited by GilwenAistrinas
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, Enki said:

I have no clue where or when I will be...

I suspect that this is not unusual.

*winks*

=Ayes=

do i'm safe if i throw to this Enki a handful of salt so he's compelled to count the grains?

Started pondering what to make Enki do if he pops by for an unexpected visit:

Spoiler

Have some coffee :)

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

Cook some nice cake using that strange white powder we receive each month... maybe he will pop up at least twice a day after that due to insomnia?

• Like 2

3871 grains of salt later....

Babyseal on Celebration took up the challenge of today's Random Enkounter.   He was tasked with some very serious life affirming questions.  He correctly responded with "Bearcows."  His second answer was that the fog was produced by the spiders.   Wouldn't you love to know what the questions were?  Well too bad!   And finally he had to defeat 4 Shadow Ninjas, which he dispatched way too easily....

For his efforts he won 3 chain sleeves, a pendulum, 2 kingdom banners, a supreme silver spoon!  3 door locks, a leather jacket, and 12 sprouts.  All the makings of the start of a new life on a deserted island!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, tamat said:

OMG enki is trying to kill a babyseal!

Don't worry, he doesn't seem to be using a club...

Today I popped into the local of several villagers on Release and Tria completed all 3 challenges.

First challenge was to correctly identify how many lunar bodies were in the sky, then had to play a quick game of hide and seek and found me not too long after, and finally had to protect the furniture from the dreaded Couch Killers!  The guards tried to help but I gave them some wine and told them to be back in fifteen minutes.

With all 3 challenges met, Tria received enough supplies to either make 12 extremely light calorie breakfasts, or enough fuel to keep the lights going for a long time, depending how you want to use the tar and olives and muffins.  Plus the rare diamond and the awl make good centerpieces for a breakfast table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enki said:

Plus the rare diamond and the awl make good centerpieces for a breakfast table.

Is this like a hidden clue to putting things on tables?

:P

j/k

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 8:56 AM, Rauros said:

do i'm safe if i throw to this Enki a handful of salt so he's compelled to count the grains?

Is Enki a vampire?

• Like 1

After a quick polish of my fangs I realized a new day had dawned and it was time to close the curtains and get to work.

This time the randomizer landed my in the vicinity of Funkygenome on Xanadu.

I handed him one of the toughest challenges yet, but he pulled through after somewhat correctly guessing the color of his horse, learning the measure of a tile, and surviving an onslaught of 9 Methane Bombs.

For his efforts he won a set of everything an outdoorsman needs to turn furry woodland creatures into juicy grilled steaks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Enki said:

surviving an onslaught of 9 Methane Bombs.

Was that the result of last nights noob curry?

On 10/5/2017 at 3:12 PM, Mykoal said:

Don't worry, he doesn't seem to be using a club...

Worse.... he's using a..... 

CodeClub!! 

t6tupepiuf4o8jfxc3am.jpeg

• Like 3

Today's challenge was met and won by Richcat on Deliverance!

He guessed how many campfires he had burning, but he missed on the second challenge when guessing if there would or would not be an eclipse the coming day.

Next he correctly guessed how many spiders it would take to wear 64 combat boots.

And for the fourth and most difficult challenge, he had to fight for his hair against 7 Angry Hair Stylists!  They were out for hair and ganged up on him trying to overpower him, but he pulled through and seven stylists lay defeated on the ground.

Since he failed the eclipse challenge he lost his chance at the ultra deluxe random assortment of 5 gold coins, 2 HoTA statues, and a fantastic wagon,  but since my wand of havok did not land on any of those anyway he did come away with enough material to start a small bistro and beer joint along with shop signs to advertise!

• Like 3

Thank you! Totally unexpected and was fun!

Tria

Today's Random Enkounter goes to Maladee of Pristine!

Upon arrival I got a most warm welcome indeed.

[20:42:46] <Enki> Greetings!
[20:42:59] <Maladee> get off my lawn!
[20:44:22] <Enki> but... but I come bearing stuff
[20:44:26] <Enki> random stuff
[20:44:49] <Maladee> probably a troll on catnip
[20:45:08] Enki puts the troll back in the satchel
[20:45:12] <Enki> no not particularly
[20:45:46] <Enki> but its time for todays Random Enkounter!
[20:46:03] <Maladee> that sounds painful
[20:46:06] <Enki> You could win fabulous prizes
[20:46:14] <Enki> or maybe total junk
[20:46:18] <Enki> its totally random

She correctly counted 2 whole horses looking north on her right, and then she had to do battle with the big mean Rumplegremlitskin!

The poor beast never stood a chance...  I almost feel guilty at summoning it into existence as fast as she slaughtered it.  I could have at least armed it or given it some kind of warning.

Anyway, she is now using it to fertilize her gardens.

Her very random winnings were the makings of a pickled acorn salad, some boxes to organize her herb gardens, some multi purpose dental tools, a lovely emerald, and a heap of sand to polish it with, along with some useful wheel chocks.

[20:52:29] <Enki> your very random winnings!
[20:52:30] <Maladee> oh yay! shiny junk!
[20:53:09] <Enki> Thank you for playing!
[20:53:12] <Maladee> thank you! acutally useful
[20:53:17] <Maladee> now get off my lawn

• Like 8

Maladee and Enki is a podcast I would totally subscribe to!  They remind me of the old Johnny Carson / Charles Grodin bits on "The Tonight Show".

Edited by Finndar
  • Like 1

Today we had our first multiple winners!

At a random location on Xanadu I encountered the locals of several people and of them Envyodb and Pashka took a chance and played!

Their first challenge was to Identify the home of the gods, then they had to name the one creature they would not want to meet out on the tundra.  Surprisingly only one of them passed this challenge so they lost out on the rare knarr.

The final challenge almost killed them, unfortunately it was only due to the terrain not the creatures themselves.  They were pitted up against 14 Dad of Nogumps.  Some of them fought beak and talon, and others ran for the hills, which was where the dangerous part came in.  But after a long battle they were victorious in slaughtering the beasts.

For their winnings, a variety of things useful for setting up a soup kitchen!  Ivy trellis, onions, crab meat, pies, furs, rivets, and an extra large soup spoon!  All in all a nice bounty between the two.

This was indeed a fun break from our evening.  We only lost half our health falling down a mountainside.  I will guess there was a cushion somewhere.  Thank you for the fun

Today's challenge was met by Diaorui of Chaos!

Only one very random challenge was offered.  Defeat 7 Magenta Dragons!

At first mention of the challenge presented I almost could not pry Diaorui from their house.  Eventually they peeked out and began to realize something was not quite right with the beasts.

Sensing a lethal trick, Diaorui hesitated to try the challenge and eventually had less than 2 minutes left to attempt this challenge before I would have to call the Random Enkounter a loss.   Fortunately, Diaorui finally gathered up the courage to dive head on into the flock of dragons and feathers flew as Diaorui's sword chopped their heads off one after another.

At this time Diaorui is busy plucking them and using the winnings to make lots of savory chick... I mean dragon pot pies and dragon chow-mein and of course barbecue dragon wings.

• Like 2