Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Random Enkounters

This is like waiting to see you're favourite TV show each week , keep it up Enki .

And also  

MERRY CHRISTMASS EVERYONE !!! :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Enki said:

In some fashion, probably so.   I had only planned to run it for a 30 day event but was asked to keep it up.   I have a number of ideas for Random Enkounters that I may implement in the coming years.  I also have other event ideas that I would like to work on too, so we will see.

That's great to hear.  They've been really fun to read through, and add a great dimension to the game... even if I did miss you on your last visit to Desertion by ignoring local chat for too long.  Still, it taught me a lesson and I'm much more attentive... which is probably not a bad thing on a pvp server anyway :-)

Today's Random Enkounter was on Celebration.

Hulagirl was today's contestant and had to face only 2 random challenges.

Challenge #1  Will there be an eclipse today?  Hulagirl guessed correctly.  There was no eclipse today.

Challenge #2  Kill all 15 of the horse eating sheep before they eat all of the horses.  This would seemingly be easy,  but sheep don't tend to wait around to be killed.  One of them managed to move over 20 meters away before Hulagirl could dispatch it.

<Hulagirl> stop. eating. my. horses!

<Hulagirl> don't even go that way, horse eater!

While Hulagirl did manage to win the challenge,  The Sheep Herder arrived for revenge!  Unfortunately for the Sheep Herder, swords kill Herdsman just as easily as sheep.

For Hulagirl's winnings,  a cauldron full of stew, an oven to heat the stew up in, and a large pile of woodscraps.   Also a couple of troll statues and gemstones.

• Like 2

To be honest, at first I was petrified by Enki's ghastly manifestation, and by the horse eaters. But we all survived and it was a good time after all.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 11:32 AM, Enki said:

Today I landed on Xanadu and after some facing the challenge of getting Peach to agree to play the game they finally accepted and had to face 3 challenges.

#1  What color is the 'Home of the Dead'  4 guesses or 2 minutes to succeed.  Peach got it right on the third guess.

#2  Within this area is something wearing a robe of marble.  2 minutes to locate it.  Peach managed to locate it with only 12 seconds to spare!

#3 Slay all the Chicken Eaters of McNuggetVillania!  This was quite entertaining down in the caves and tunnels with bridges.  Reminded me of Indiana Jones type material.  Peach faced the Chicken Eating Cows, Chicken Snappers, Chicken Broilers, Chicken Tenderizers, and the Chicken Pluckers.

This turned out to be a good challenge too with the variety of creatures intent on depriving her pet Goblin of it's chicken dinner!

Come to think of it I was surprised to see such good care taken of a Goblin anywhere...  Had it's own house and yard and furnishings.  A real dank and homey cave touch for a Goblin!

Anyway, it was a fierce battle once Peach got warmed up with a lot of severed limbs, broken noses and jaws, and a number of bloodied bodies lying on the ground.  Peach's pet goblin will be eating good for a while.

For the winnings, Peach received a drum kit and a drummers outfit, and a trowel, along with the fixings for a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich....

After finding out Enki wasn't just another insanity path hallucination I finally did warm up to his intimidating looks. Totally unexpected, had no idea this was even going on, a big plus in game. Was so overwhelmed I didn't even say thank you, so I'm saying it now. Thanks!  Stop by anytime, and maybe one day I'll have a challenge for you...     =)

• Like 1

No Random Enkounter today :( 

I arrived on Serenity and found Kamiel busy polishing rocks to make curbs and he decided to skip the Random Enkounter.

It is his decision...

There was an extra special item drawn from the void today.  A magic mini troll fairy.  I had never ever seen one before and its description was really cool sounding.  The mini troll fairy apparently would ride on your shoulders or fly around nearby both warning you of dangers and also fighting along side you in any form of combat.  It also had the ability to collect any items it finds lying around that you specify, like a hammer, or a coin, or even go continuously collect resources like rock shards, tar, peat, mixed grass, .etc and even put them into a container of your specification until full.  But the other neat ability it had was to bring your mail to you or even go and fetch your banked items, or even deposit money in either your bank or any deed upkeep you specified.  This would have been so fun to have....  Oh well,  goodbye little mini troll fairy....

• Like 4

Today's Random Enkounter is brought to you by the wonderful folks at the spirit postal service.  Overworked, underpaid, but still getting the mail delivered on time rain, sleet, or dragon fire, and just waiting for you to go to sleep to get their revenge!

Today's Enkounter occurred on Independence, and a very reluctant contestant was in local.

[14:46:08] <Enki> Greetings!
[14:47:19] <Enki> You have 9 minutes to respond
[14:47:28] <Alectrys> no I don't!
[14:47:37] <Enki> ahah!  You are captured!
[14:47:44] <Alectrys> and lost now!
[14:47:51] <Enki> It's time to play Random Enkounters!
[14:48:07] <Alectrys> 42, purple and no way
[14:48:41] <Enki> but,  I haven;t even read the challenges yet!
[14:48:52] <Alectrys> does't matter, those are my answers
[14:49:01] <Alectrys> it's up to you to forumulate the questions to match ;)
[14:49:36] <Enki> I am speechless
[14:49:45] <Alectrys> perfect ;)
[14:49:49] <Alectrys> next challenge?
[14:50:24] <Enki> Now look!  This is the rnadom local on the random server, chosen for today's Random Enkounter
[14:50:39] <Enki> don;t you want to get some random items!
[14:50:58] <Enki> Last person turned down the Enkounter cold and who knows it could be somethign really awful!
[14:51:19] <Alectrys> fine fine, but make it easy!
[14:51:36] <Enki> But these are totally random!
[14:51:45] <Alectrys> 42!
[14:52:25] <Alectrys> you made me climb this mountain seeing if I  could get the unicorn home without water lol
[14:52:55] <Alectrys> and now I have to use my brain on a holiday

After some lengthy discussion I finally convinced her to give it a try.

3 challenges were put forth!

Challenge #1  Name two previous Head Game Masters for Wurm Online?  With a bit of determination, Alectrys answered correctly naming Oracle and Unforgiven.

Challenge #2 Get 33 woodscraps within 4 minutes!  With 15 seconds left on the clock she made all 33 wood scraps.

Challenge #3 Gently put to sleep all the overworked Krizmaz Elfys.   This was a bad one....  the elves could not see reason at all and just kept trying to go after Alectrys because she would not give them any milk and cookies and they thought it was so unfair that only big red got any.  Alectrys used her axe to knock them out cold from all the blood loss, and so until next Christmas may they sleep in heavenly slumber back in their graves!

For Alectrys's Enkounter items, all of the items from yesterdays refused Enkounter + a very large ice cream scoop and a large glass of brandy.  Along with some fancy horseshoes and some delicious holiday pizza!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Enki said:

Gently put to sleep all the overworked Krizmaz Elfys

These guys almost put ME to sleep and there was nothing  gentle about them.

I will never again turn my back on The Elf on the Shelf.

Thank you Enki and the Wurm Team for adding some Holiday Spice to Wurm.

Today the Random Enkounter randomizer landed me on Xanadu where I found Theicefox feeding his herd of cattle with hay, or a hay substitute...

After giving him the full disclosure of how to play he had to face 4 random challenges!

#1  Get 26 logs in 4 minutes!  With 2 minutes and 57 seconds to spare he succeeded!

#2 Tame 3 animals within 5 minutes!  This was not much of a challenge!  The animals were all right there within arms reach!  He passed this challenge with 2 plus minutes to go!

#3 Where do the gods call home in Wurm Online?  He knew the answer to this one nearly instantly.

#4  Defeat the three waves of demons!

Wave 1 - Cave Demons.  This wave proved to be a decent challenge as he had to call in a priest to reattach his missing body parts.

Wave 2 - Web Demons.  The second wave proved to be even tougher than the first as the clutch of Web Demons were expert marksmen with their attacks.  I was beginning to wonder if he would even stand a chance at wave 3 and I had no idea what would be in wave 3 yet!  It took quite a while to dispatch these Web Demons, and it was a good thing he had all those animals on hand in his yard for spare body parts as he was losing his left, right, and below.

Wave 3 - Ice Demons!  If you could see the fanged smile on my face when the Ice demons arrived and he had no choice but to seek safety and try a new strategy!

"<Theicefox> in the words of indiana jones... Why'd it have to be snakes."

"<Theicefox> ruthless reptiles!"

In the first hour of battle only one of the Ice Demon brood lay dead on the ground!

As the battle continued hour after hour, I wondered if his healing supplies would hold out, and if his priest would give up and leave him to his fate.

Day passed into night, and night passed into day as the battle continued.  I even saw one of the Ice Demons take a nap in the middle of the melee!  That could not be too encouraging for Theicefox!

He may not have most of his original parts now, and he may have gained a tendency to moo now and then, but eventually, through sheer determination, he bested the Ice Demons!

For his random items he received boxes.  Useful boxes too!  In fact one had dirt in it, one had some gold ore in it, another had peat, and another had some bricks.  He also got a stool, a mallet, and an anchor.  Plenty of stuff to set up a small pirate boutique on a tiny island near the shipping lanes.  He also received some cheese, and bacon, along with an extremely fine fork!

• Like 1

Today I was thrown over to Elevation again and found a community of people busy at work polishing walls.

Allenfulblade, Annyil, Gamba, and Jaz participated while the rest went back to polishing walls.

They had to endure 4 harsh and unusually cruel challenges.

Challenge #1  Inventory Item time!    Does any of them have a long bow in inventory?  Arghh!  Of course they do!  Oh well,  random!

Challenge #2  Make 20 felled trees within 4 minutes!  They were surprisingly good at this and completed it in just over 2 minutes!  Wish I could get them over here to make firewood for the winter.

Challenge #3  Name the company behind Wurm Online and name its CEO?  They knew right off that it was Code Club AB and Rolf Janssen

Challenge #4 Fend off 3 waves of Rodent Infestations or they will eat them out of house and home and their houses and homes!

Wave 1 - Field Voles!  These armored rodents were little match for the fighters as they were determined not to let the fresh coat of paint on their houses get scratched up.

Wave 2 - Gophers!  These frantically nosy critters liked all the soft soil around their homes and were eager to dig around and suck all their stone work into the earth below where they could use it to sharpen their teeth.  Alas... they were quickly dealt with by the group.

Wave 3 - The Arachnorats!  Oh boy oh boy oh boy....  these 8 legged rodents just love chewing on second story roofs as that was a very comfortable height for them.  With a huge swarm of them attacking at once, Allenfulblade worked to pull some off of the group, but his survival was in question.

While he worked to lessen the load, the rest of the group strategically retreated to a mine to heal up and work on some strategy.  Gamba just barely survived the retreat.

Even while the others were trying to sew Gamba back together again he was busy thinking about how good some Arachnorat stew would taste.

Allenfulblade became separated from the group and was fighting off 4 of the sizeable rodents by himself.  Gamba tried his best to help when he got there, but without a horse, his sword just could not reach up high enough to hit the beasts.  Jaz and Annyil finally made it around and saved Allenfulblade from having his brains sucked completely out by the ravenous rodents.

The group then tried to split the Arachnorat infestation up and take them out as efficiently as possible,  unfortunately they survived...  I thought for sure at least Gamba would be killed ....

The group celebrated prematurely not realizing that another group of Arachnorats were laying in wait somewhere.

After a short hunt, the group found two of the Arachnorats hiding among the camellia bushes laying traps in hopes of eating the group one by one at a later time.

Finally one Arachnorat remained......somewhere.....  The hunt was on!

It turned out that the final Arachnorat was on the run, heading south to get more reinforcements.  They engaged it on the peat field and put an end to the infestation.  For now....

For their random items, a table, some bowls, a rope tool, a bunch of fence bars, and slabs of marble, some rugs, and some spaghetti and meatballs.  All the makings for either a petting zoo, or a nice outdoor Italian bistro.

"<Gamba> my only reward is knowing i didn't die a horrendous death"

Sigh....  I will have to try harder!

• Like 4

Today I dropped onto Release and found Kekstier in local

He had 3 random challenges.

#1  I Spy.  An item of his that is locked, made of birchwood, and 37.9QL,  He must find it within 5 minutes.   It took him 40 seconds to run down to the docks and find that rowboat.

#2 Collect 3 different types of flowers within 1 minutes.  He could not have cut this one any closer, but succeed he did.

#3 Stop the Coal Burners from smogging up his deed!  The polluting smoke from the monsters was getting bad, but Kekstier called in reinforcements from the nearby guard tower as he stepped back into one of his buildings to grab more healing supplies.  The Coal Burners were were angry at Kekstier for his use of their kin in his much more fuel efficient forges.  They were tired of being treated like charcoal, but unfortunately that's exactly what they were in Kekstier's plans.

With a little time and patience Kekstier had little trouble dealing with the walking smoke machines.

For his Enkounter items,  Water.  Pure water.  Lots of water.  8 barrels worth to be precise.  He also received an anvil, an axe, a knife, a lump of brass, some plates, and a market stall with benches.  He will be serving Rat on a stick and cookies with water there at his new market stall for some time.

If only he had received some lemons and sugar in his items.  He could have made a fortune on the lemonade market....  Oh well, I guess he can use the water to temper tools or armor and sell them at his new market stall.

• Like 4

I still don't know why Enki has sent me out to my rowing boat but I'm still dealing with the aftermath of his air-polluting vasalls.

• Like 1

Today I popped up on Celebration in the middle of the ocean.  Bloodmaster and Mith happened ot be sailing by, although Bloodmaster was asleep at the helm.

Mith saw me so the Random Enkounter was on!  He woke Bloodmaster up and they had ot face 3 random challenges!

#1  Where do the demons go home after a long days work? They had 2 minutes to answer and after a very long and awkward silence Bloodmaster shouted out the correct answer!

#2 How many lagomorphs are in the lands of Wurm Online?  This one had a 3 minute timer on it, and I was sure they would not get it!  Bloodmaster correctly guessed zero as there are no lagomorphs hopping about at this time of year!

#3 As this was a rare water based challenge they had to save themselves from the Kraken babies! and Teenage Krakens! from the depths!

Sadly I had to step away form the action while they were busy baby sitting the Krakies and Krakeens, but when I returned their boat was sitting in the middle of a bloodbath with dead wannabe krakens all over the place.  They were busy harvesting the organs and flesh of the beasts for a seafood party when I handed them their random items.

As for their items, enough stuff to build a horse shed or a boat barn including wooden shingles, a pickaxe and saw, a huge tub, and some most important statues to adorn the structure.  They also received some lamb to go with their seafood, and some pies to eat on during their long journey!

• Like 1

Today I found myself somewhere on Chaos where I met Bilbopk stuck in tar.

Bilbopk found himself up against 1 solitary single challenge.

Challenge #1  SURVIVE!

A roving gang of Pugilists set up on Bilbopk and for a short while I was sure he was dead.  There was no way he was getting away from these brutes, but soon Rasu and Threap came to Bilbopk's aid and just barely pulled him back from the brink of death with an "epic heal" just in the nick of time.  Mith, Dridmar, and Warrior soon showed up but it appears only to watch the melee and help eat cake.

For Bilbopk's items,  a chair, a couple of baking stones, a very very nice jar, a well made quiver, a couple of tools, and a stabbing stick, along with a pair of pants.  Basically everything he needs to walk along an island beach spear fishing and making fish sandwiches.  He also received an assortment of sausages, and vegetable stir fries, as well as an extremely sugar rich assortment of cakes.

Man I am getting hungry.... oh well, one can dream I suppose...

• Like 4

The final Random Enkounter of the year 2017 was held on Xanadu.

This Random Enkounter has been brought to you by The Ocean.

"Yes, you swim in it,  you sail across it, you even drink from the edges of it, but remember this surface dweller remember it well, we creatures of the seas pee in it!" 

This has been a message brought to you by The Ocean!  One day it shall rise!

"Water always wins." - The Doctor

Ihy and Taphera was the local active residents to participate.  I wanted to celebrate by having them face 2017 challenges, but that would take about 4 months so might be a bit too lengthy an ordeal, so by the randomizer Ihy and Taphera faced 4 random challenges!

#1  Is there an Eclipse in the sky of Wurm Online today?  Taphera was deep in a mine and guessed no.  If Taphera had waited only 8 minutes more to answer they would have been incorrect!

#2 Get 20 stone bricks in 3 minutes!  Taphera was unable to complete the challenge.  The Mighty Seryl Night Light of Bug Zapping had to be tossed into the void.  At first glance you might think it was simply a spider and cave bug repeller, but that is not correct, instead what it did was send out a bolt of lightning and instantly cook any spiders within range leaving you with not only an instant edible trail snack, but often leaving behind both charcoal, and either a lump of gold, copper, or seryl formed from the blast.

#3 Name the Head Game Master of Wurm Online?  Taphera had 2 minutes to answer but did not fall for this trick question and answered correctly in less than 15 seconds.

#4 Kill all 17 Dragon Fang Beak Klaws to prevent 2018 from being delayed until January 3rd again!  Ihy assisted as they apparently had strong reason to leave 2017 and would not tolerate it sticking around any longer than absolutely necessary.  They made short work of the cogburnably* stubborn manifestations.

For their 2017 Enkounter items!  A set of rare horse gear! A storage bin full of building materials, and a hearty supply of sausage and egg biscuits with new years cake!

*no that is not a word, please stop looking for it.  However if it is a word....too bad!  I used it here first!

• Like 4

This feels quite interesting. I wonder if he would appear as I'm redesigning my deed, having to defend against a wave of Drakespirits by myself.

That would be wild.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:12 PM, Benie said:

This feels quite interesting. I wonder if he would appear as I'm redesigning my deed, having to defend against a wave of Drakespirits by myself.

That would be wild.

You never know!

• Like 1