Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Random Enkounters

[13:38:13] You see the corpse of aged folk dance rapper.

I managed to take one of them down at least! Before the horrible sound of their rapping and stepping ended me.

Good show Enki. Great fun!

Today, Blgpapa on Independence was the contestant.

He had 3 random challenges.

Challenge #1 - How many days are in a Wurm week.  With some deliberation he got it right on the first try.

Challenge #2 - How many moons are in Wurm.  Unfortunately failing this challenge cost him the Adamantine Boots of Jumping.

Challenge #3 - Kill the Carrot Nose Goblins before they steal all his carrots and eat all his horses.  He almost did not have the energy to make it through this challenge, but once charged with the task he did not give up, and managed to save his horses and carrots from the goblins for his own Horse Liver Stew.

For his winnings a chest of small chests, a grooming brush and branding iron set, some flags, and some tasty treats to go along side his Horse Liver Stew.

you forgot to remove the palisade i was stuck with only a hatchet fortunaly a friend came to bash it and set me free

still was a lot of fun really happy with the reward

No winner today as unfortunately the local ended up being at the Blackmoor Impalong.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:52 AM, BlGpapa said:

you forgot to remove the palisade i was stuck with only a hatchet fortunaly a friend came to bash it and set me free

still was a lot of fun really happy with the reward

forget?  me????  I did not forget!

gets out his book of plausible excuses

I thought you would like to sharpen your hatchet on.... no that's not it...

I had suspected your horses were eating the pumpkins and....  no that's not it either...

I left them as a party game to invite friends over to bash.  Yeah! That's it!  A party game!

• Like 2

Today I fell into the local of Aaraneil on Xanadu who was busy mining gold.

I challenged them to 2 random challenges.

The first... How long does night last in Wurm?  Great!  Now there is now a forth correct answer to that question.....sigh...

Second...  Stop the Gold Diggers from taking over her gold mine.   It seems the Gold Diggers underestimated her guards desire to get paid!   They earned their keep although they are now missing a few gold fillings....funny I thought only the leprechauns liked to steal gold teeth!

For her winnings, a satchel full of acorns, some gemstones, some plate leggings, and a saw.  She also received some cheesecake!  Oh, and a spear!  No gold miner should ever enter a cave without one!

That was my priest/miner. Interesting change in pace! Excellent to see unique events like this. Takes me back to the early days of everquest! 

Today I landed on Chaos in Talor's local.

He had to face 4 challenges!

#1 - Did he have a rope tool in inventory?  Nope.   Right off the bat the Gold Dragon egg had to go back into the void.  Shame too,  I am told that once raised, it would come to your aid anywhere at anytime of you calling on any server!  Not only will it fight along side you, but it can heal, and teleport you.  Oh well, it will never even get hatched now...  poor dragon.

#2 Get 25 sand within 4 minutes.  He was able to succeed with only 35 seconds left on the clock!  Unfortunately his digging angered a nearby troll and they got into a heated argument about the hole he dug.  Talk about road rage....

#3 How many real world hours are in an average Wurm Online day.  His answer was correct!

#4 He had to defend his personal style from the fashion police!  They descended on him with needles and scissors and thread so absolutely filled with disgust at his choice of helmet.  They were all like "You can't wear white drake after Starfall of Fire!"  "The blood on your shield does not go with your axe!"  "Never wear a great helm with a 3 slot toolbelt in winter!"

Talor countered with "Die you egg sucking reality show rejects!"  Or at least he could have said that if he wasn't so busy matching their blood and heads with the cobblestone.

He won some marble shards, some fresh stir fry and lamb, as well as a meditation rug and fishing pole!

• Like 7

Serenity came up in the randomizer today, but alas... no winner.  The locals were too busy conversing with a rather sinister looking altar of Fo.  I wonder how they would feel if they knew what they had lost out on.  All I can tell you is that it was wrapped in a really neat wrapping paper with green and silver metal flake coating with an exquisitely forged, hand made seryl bow and a tag that read 'Do not open until doomsday!'  I wonder what it was.....  oh well, it belongs to the void now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Enki said:

Serenity came up in the randomizer today, but alas... no winner.  The locals were too busy conversing with a rather sinister looking altar of Fo.  I wonder how they would feel if they knew what they had lost out on.  All I can tell you is that it was wrapped in a really neat wrapping paper with green and silver metal flake coating with an exquisitely forged, hand made seryl bow and a tag that read 'Do not open until doomsday!'  I wonder what it was.....  oh well, it belongs to the void now.

Those were all my alts. :P Sorry to miss it, but I've already been in -two- Enkounters. :)

Today I landed on Elevation and found Redmoonlife and Gildi running for their lives.  Wonder if they ever caught them....

Anyway, they had to face 4 challenges.

Challenge #1 pick 12 flowers in 2 minutes.  Redmoonlife was unable to complete the challenge as it was against his deities wishes.

Challenge #2 How many Wurm days in a Wurm week....  Gildi saved the day as Redmoonlife dropped out of the world.

Challenge #3 What creature in Wurm has less than 2 eyes?  Gildi nailed that one again!

Challenge #4 Kill the Roach Queen before she can lay eggs and take over the world!  A bit too easy....  but at least you won't have roaches the size of large carts bugging you.  for now...

For their winnings, a cheese and sausage omelet, some hammers, and flower planters along with some mountain lion rugs, and a toolbelt.

• Like 2

It's not fair at all if your hellhorse cannot fly and you are being chased by someone who has mask nailed to their face. Totally unfair...

Today I landed at a random location on Independence and found someone decked out in full armor with their weapon readied.  It looked like he was busy defending against an oversized woodworm that was eating the walls of his house.  Unfortunately by the time I arrived the worm must have had its fill because all I could find was several missing walls and one person standing there apparently frozen by terror.

Too bad he never responded, He might could have won a barrel of woodworm repellent.

5 minutes ago, Enki said:

all I could find was several missing walls and one person standing there apparently frozen by terror.

If any of your GM powers involve moving at or near the speed of light then it's entirely possible that he was responding normally but only appeared to be frozen from your frame of reference.

But you didn't consider that before getting all righteous with the barrel-withholding, did you?

Today's Random Enkounter was held on Release.  Sponsored by the majestic buffalo.  Remember, they go where they roam, so don't follow too close and watch where you step.

Arrelosia had to face 3 random challenges.

Challenge #1 Cut down a cedar tree within 1 minute.  With 12 seconds to spare she succeeded!

Challenge #2 Where do the gods live in Wurm?  Not even a challenge to Arrelosia!

Challenge #3  Arrelosia had to stop the cats from upgrading to a new Cheetah model or we might all become cat food!

First wave was the mountain lions, second she faced the wild cats and then the Lynx, Panthers, and the dreaded Catfish Landshark!  If she failed the next wave would have unleashed the super fast Cheetah onto the lands of Wurm and we would have to build our walls higher, and breed faster horses to survive!

The feline frenzy stood no chance!  If only they could concentrate and work together like dogs...

Arrelosia's winnings included a pile of marble bricks, some statues, a quiver of hunting arrows, some carpets, some holiday style sushi and cake, a chair and some support beams!  Everything a person needs to start their own Dwarven Fortress.

• Like 2

Today I landed on Independence and found Aelcwine tending to his inventory.

I tasked him with 4 random challenges!

#1 Get 15 sprouts of any type within 3 minutes.  It was close, but he successfully completed the challenge with only a couple of seconds to spare.

#2 Did he have a butchering knife on him?  Why yes, yes he did.

#3 What color is the 'home of the demons'?  Aelcwine did not get this one right with his guess and so we wave goodbye to the fantastic Backpack of Hoarding which had the ability to hold up to 2000 Kilograms and still be light as a feather.  This was a very special prototype item intended for use when treasure hunting in order to prevent the loss of ancient valuables due to the negligence of a certain 'tomb raider' known to cause calamity and collapses at these historic places.

#4 Evict the house guests that have over stayed their welcome.

This was a major challenge for Aelcwine as the guests brought their pets and were not leaving without 'mementos' of their stay.  He fought hard as they absconded with his oven, ice box, and, and his new invention  he called "The Couch"  The nearby tower guards came to his aid "<Freedom Isles tower guard> Flee, house guest!"  "<Freedom Isles tower guard> Goodbye, house guest!"  Several of the undesirable house guests started small fires to try and keep the guards busy while they looted  Aelcwine's place.

Sadly, by the time they had finally managed to evict the unwelcome house guests from his property, his invention that he said 'would revolutionize the world as we knew it' was in shambles.  The house guests pets had torn it asunder and all I could see was some shafts, planks, and cotton strewn all over the place.  Aelcwine said it would likely not be possible to re-invent "The Couch" again as his notes were destroyed in one of the fires started by the unwanted guests.  So he was going to turn his attention toward inventing the "Remote Control" whatever that is.

Aelcwine received a crate rack, some banners, some sand, and some hunting arrow heads, and a long sword, along with some lamb sandwiches and cheesecake.  He now has everything he needs to create house guest traps to prevent any future infestations at his place.  I almost felt bad about the sand as there was a large mound of it behind me in his yard, but that's randomness!

• Like 1

Pristine is where I found myself today and Almostsolitude greeted me right away and Virusmd made an appearance not long after.

3 random challenges stood between them and a random assortment of stuff.

Challenge #1  Where in the hell is Enki?   They had one hint and 5 minutes to find me.  I could have been anywhere and anything on the deed.  Unfortunately they win this one by default.  My hint was not only wrong, it was from the wrong server....  So moving on

Challenge #2 Who or what is known as 'The Stealer of Souls'?  They had 2 minutes to answer correctly.  Almostsolitude just barely got this one correct in time.

Challenge #3 Stop 4 waves of the Lemonade Stand kids from stealing all of their lemons from their lemon orchard.  First were the kids who run the lemonade stands, then their pets, then Lemonade Stand Kids big sisters who were highly annoyed at Almostsolitude and Virusmd for denying their younger siblings access to their orchard, and finally the Lemonade Stand Inspectors who were none too happy at having lost their cushy jobs because they had no Lemonade Stands to inspect!

For their efforts they received a needle for making lemon batteries, a spear for picking lemons up high, a couple of really really large spoons for mixing vast amounts of lemons, a knife for cutting the lemons, and of course a lemonade makers best friend, a bucket of fine Brandy with Brandy snacks.

They also received 3 felled bonsai oak trees to make their own lemonade stands out of now that they have killed off their competition!

• Like 2

Today I landed on Xanadu and after some facing the challenge of getting Peach to agree to play the game they finally accepted and had to face 3 challenges.

#1  What color is the 'Home of the Dead'  4 guesses or 2 minutes to succeed.  Peach got it right on the third guess.

#2  Within this area is something wearing a robe of marble.  2 minutes to locate it.  Peach managed to locate it with only 12 seconds to spare!

#3 Slay all the Chicken Eaters of McNuggetVillania!  This was quite entertaining down in the caves and tunnels with bridges.  Reminded me of Indiana Jones type material.  Peach faced the Chicken Eating Cows, Chicken Snappers, Chicken Broilers, Chicken Tenderizers, and the Chicken Pluckers.

This turned out to be a good challenge too with the variety of creatures intent on depriving her pet Goblin of it's chicken dinner!

Come to think of it I was surprised to see such good care taken of a Goblin anywhere...  Had it's own house and yard and furnishings.  A real dank and homey cave touch for a Goblin!

Anyway, it was a fierce battle once Peach got warmed up with a lot of severed limbs, broken noses and jaws, and a number of bloodied bodies lying on the ground.  Peach's pet goblin will be eating good for a while.

For the winnings, Peach received a drum kit and a drummers outfit, and a trowel, along with the fixings for a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich....

• Like 2

Today I was sent to the land of Elevation.  I thought for sure I had a lively contestant, but shortly after my arrival, the only local left the world :(

They could have won a supreme small barrel that turns water into wine, or a floor loom that weaves gold, silver, copper, seryl, and adamantine into thread, or my favorite, the Ring of Howling which when worn in combat emits a howl and summons to you an army of champion black wolves that will continually attack your opponent until they are dead or are no longer within your local range.

This year is almost up!  I plan to end this years Random Enkounters on the final day of this year.  I am not sure which day I will select as the final day of 2017  but it will likely be one of them that ends in a 'y'.

• Like 4

The Random Enkounter of the day was on Deliverance where Malwhynn was in local grooming his cedar trees to keep them looking good and healthy where he promptly fell a tree on my head!  Hey!  What happened to yelling 'Timber!'?

Malwhynn had to endure 5 random challenges today.

#1 What is a troll's club made of.   He answered that one instantly!

#2 Get 47 planks within 6 minutes.    Challenge failed.   So much for the Helmet of Samurai Swordsman.  It allowed you to use enhanced and hidden fighting techniques that practically guaranteed victory even against the most adept fighters.

#3  Where can you find Golden Valley?   Wasn't off by too much, but wasn't close enough.  In to the void magic pony that goes and collects items or resources that you own at your request even if they are on a different island.

#4 Did he have a saw in his inventory?  Yes, yes he did....  kinda silly since he just used it on challenge #2...

#5  Kill all the Stump Grinders before they pull out all the trees and eat the stumps!  His area was full of invading Stump Grinders that had jumped onto his area out of the nearby lake.  At this time Delightfuldee, Ratagast, and umm..  a troll.. arrived on scene and began helping Malwhynn save his trees.  The troll seemed to be confused by the spectacle and wasn't hurting anyone until one of the group spooked it by rushing it in an aggressive manner.  Poor misunderstood troll....

The Stumpgrinders were quite good at grinding human bone which gave the group ample opportunity to practice their first aid techniques as the battle raged throughout the day.  The trio managed to pull through and succeed the challenge but they will need to use some small crates to stand on until their lower legs grow back.

Their take!   All the makings for a big fishing trip including the materials to build a smokehouse to dry and smoke their catch.  Bears not included.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Enki said:

I plan to end this years Random Enkounters on the final day of this year.

Are you going to continue this again in 2018?  They're a lot of fun.

Today's Random Enkounter brought to you by the Birch Tree.  When you need to sit around the campfire telling ghost stories, The mighty birch tree is always handy for making kindling, and logs to sit on.  'One day our brethren will rise up against your metal tyrany and we will toss your bodies in piles and then see how much you like being set on fire!'  Remember, The Birch Tree!

Sadly, today's Random Enkounter was a no go.  I arrived on Release but nobody answered in time!   I was hoping we would get to award this  Magic Dragon Skull helmet today,  it is easily one of the

most interesting items I have randomly pulled out of the void.  While wearing it, not only do you get magic wings that allow you to fly, but it grants you area effects like such as stun everyone and everything within 50 meters, or emit a ring of dragon fire severely injuring if not killing every living thing except yourself within the same range as the stun effect.  Also it looked really cool when worn!  Back to the void it goes :( Oh well, just means more loot for the next one. 

On 12/20/2017 at 9:31 PM, Sjarn said:

Are you going to continue this again in 2018?  They're a lot of fun.

In some fashion, probably so.   I had only planned to run it for a 30 day event but was asked to keep it up.   I have a number of ideas for Random Enkounters that I may implement in the coming years.  I also have other event ideas that I would like to work on too, so we will see.

• Like 5