Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Random Enkounters

A hidden Enki seems to be hidden well, and it was a nice time to finally meet the Enkounter in person. Nevermind that you ruined our very precise and metronome driven sermon rounds. still being winter the fatty food and thick layers of hide scattered all around the place will help once the wood scraps run out.

EDIT did I say thank you for all these events???

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

We so wanted to keep the Woolly Mammouth Bass for breeding, but alas, that was against the rules. :P

Thanks, Enki! :)

Today the randomizer landed me at a random location on Xanadu where Obi was working.

3 challenges awaited Obi.

The first challenge was to tell me where the dead could be found.  Oddly enough Obi's answer was both right and wrong.

The second challenge was to kill all of the Gremwookies before they ate all of their marble statues.

The final challenge was a real tough one.  A game of whats in your inventory...  All Obi had to do was have a sickle in his inventory when I asked the question.  And Obi did!!!!

For his very random winnings, he received a pizza making kit, though if you plan on visiting you might have to wait a while as he will have to start from scratch, and I don't mean the ingredients!

Obi also received some lead lumps, and a chain jacket.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enki said:

Today the randomizer landed me at a random location on Xanadu where Obi was working.

3 challenges awaited Obi.

The first challenge was to tell me where the dead could be found.  Oddly enough Obi's answer was both right and wrong.

The second challenge was to kill all of the Gremwookies before they ate all of their marble statues.

The final challenge was a real tough one.  A game of whats in your inventory...  All Obi had to do was have a sickle in his inventory when I asked the question.  And Obi did!!!!

For his very random winnings, he received a pizza making kit, though if you plan on visiting you might have to wait a while as he will have to start from scratch, and I don't mean the ingredients!

Obi also received some lead lumps, and a chain jacket.

Tooo freckin awesome i love those surprise Enkiencounters.You rock Enki!!!

No winner for today!  I found myself on Desertion and the only person in local never noticed.

He lost his shot at the one and only Crystal Dragon Dominator short sword and the Elven cloak of invisibility, as well as a card for unlimited free pizza for life!

It hurts to put that card back in the void.  Oh well, the random wand of chaos strikes yet again!

• Like 1

Today I wound up on Pristine where Larek was busy fishing!

Eventually he turned around and started to get worried about this big menacing creature creeping up on him,  but I explained my intentions.  Then he really got worried!

Four random challenges were presented

Challenge #1 - In which direction does the sun set in Wurm.  He got that one correct, though he did have to look!

Challenge #2 - He had to have water in his inventory when I asked.  Fortunately for him he did!

Challenge #3 - Larek had to cut down 5 trees in 3 minutes time.  Unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be.  He needed 15 seconds more..  Sadly I had to toss the steam powered river boat back into the void!

Challenge #4 -  Larek had to face down a wild gang of 8 vicious Curly tailed Pepperonis and stop them from using him as topping on their pizza.

As is common with the Pepperoni variety, the strongest sacrificed the least important of their herd in order for it to get away.  But not for long as Larek used his tracking skills to find the beast....  in other words he turned around and there it was....

With three of the four challenges met, he received a survival kit in case he got stranded on a deserted island and a crate of mortar!

• Like 2

Exodus became the stage of today;s Enkounter and Willslaphansien

He had 3 random challenges.

#1  Where is the "Home of the demons" With a mere second to spare of the 2 minute time limit he got it right.

#2 He had to tame any creature within 3 minutes.  He chose a horse and it wasn't having any of it.  So much for those diamond boots of teleportation.

#3 Kill 12 Fungus Salesmen.... umm...  anyone got any fungicide?  or bleach?  He will be needing it....   well, he didn't really want the Racing wagon with speed pin-striping anyway.  Those flames on the side looked awesome!

Bonus Round....  He had to identify which wood type was best for fishing rods.  He cleared it easy...

For his winnings, he received a jewel smiths kit and some haggis.

• Like 3

Today on Release I entered a village where Welmari was ready for a challenge.

He had 3 challenges and the first was to find the house that Apis live in within 2 minutes.  He almost didn't make it with only 1 minute and 55 seconds left on the clock.

His second challenge was an inventory item.  Did he have a backpack...  Nope....  well so much for the Sword of Lightning with its guaranteed instant kill strike ability when charged and its general instant lighting and heating ability.  It wass great for smelting ore into lumps instantly or lighting forges and coal piles and stuff like that.  too bad... might not ever see its like again...

His final challenge was to face down and kill all of the Scritchersmytes before they could eat all the brass in the brass lamps in their place.

He managed to best them before any of the brass was sucked dry from the lamps.  Though I wonder if its just an old myth that Scritchersmytes eat brass..

For his winnings, a chest full of clay, a chest full of ribbons, a wrecking kit, and a hull plank!  Also some tasty treats!

No winner today folks...  I arrived on Celebration and found one person apparently deeply involved in a staring contest.  They were too caught up in the game to notice me.

So unfortunately the fantastic flying saddle had to be sent back to the void.

I wonder who eventually won?  That rock looked awful determined..

• Like 3

Yes the guards are having trouble finding him to  , so they can adjust the white jacket they made .:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Today for the first December Enkounter I landed back on Pristine and Evening chose to participate in the randomness.

5 Random challenges were offered!

#1 - Dig 42 dirt within 6 minutes....  Unfortunately it required Evening to sacrifice the fields, but with a mere 28 seconds to go a full 42 and no more dirts were piled.

#2 - A random item challenge...  Evening had to have a carving knife in inventory.  Challenge succeeded

#3 - In which direction does the sun set in these lands?   For a minute there I was sure Evening was going to fail this one, but then out of the blue a correct answer!

#4 - If Evening wished to save lunch, then the Italian food sucking Raviollipods had to die!  An infestation of 15 of the garlic breathed insects confronted her and she mashed them with her large iron maul into a buttery garlic spread.

#5 - Save the endangered Beefalope from the ravenous beef eaters of Trall.  They were a pack of very hungry beasts, but Evening wanted that Beefalope protected.  It will take a bit to heal up from those injuries, but she persevered and not a single flesh tearing claw or flesh ripping fang was laid upon the massive Beefalope.

Evening won a rug and quilt making kit including a loom and needles, as well as plenty of seed to start a quality cotton field.  Also among the winnings a cauldron full of tasty goulash!

• Like 4

What ! no Knarr pulled by 4 killer bearsharks or a rare auto pizza and pasta maker?

You are slacking there Sir Enki... :rolleyes:

When Enki took over my place tonight, I couldn't tell him "Get off my lawn!".

Mainly because I don't have lawn. And because he rushed in the middle of my garlic field and threatened to don't leave until I passed his challenges.

From all the challenges, the sight of the multi-legged Raviollipods squeaking in the dirt was by far the hardest, but eventually they were defeated. (PSA: never, and I mean NEVER ask Enki for italian food!!)

One in all, was a very fun Enkounter, and it made it up for a bad week.

Enki, you can stop by anytime, I set up a special garlic patch only for you!

P.S. I heard no one won yet the leather pieces Enki put aside for a special prize! Fingers crossed he keeps them packed in a supreme saddlebag, so they don't decay meantime :D

• Like 2

Today, the randomizer of supreme randomness chose of all places Chaos!  My personal favorite!

Today's unfortunate contestants were Alyeska, Theshawv, and Xallo and they had to face 4 challenges.

Challenge #1  Dig 100 dirt in 6 minutes!

Theshawv was the first out the gates to start digging, followed by Xallo who was not looked too kindly on by his deity Smeagain as he dug.  With mere seconds to go, Alyeska managed to bring the trio to 100 by casting dirt.   Xallo sacrificed any favor Smeagain might have held for him as he lost a lot of faith.

Challenge #2 Collect 30 forages items within 2 minutes!

Unfortunately, that was not much of a challenge....   next time maybe it will be 300 items in 2 minutes!

Challenge #3 Stop the 5 waves of the evolution of the rats into the superior predator life form and enslaving all humans!

Rodent - Rodentia Bearialis - Rodentia Hobgoblisaurus - Rodentia Canimedusator - Rodentia Arachnispidicatia

This proved to be a very interesting challenge.  Even in the second wave they were barely able to hold on, and furthermore, none of the guards were brave enough or willing to step in and fight the monstrosities evolving before their very eyes.  Theshawv acted as bait, using his own blood to keep the Rodentia thinned out enough for them to take them on.    It was pretty close for a while, but eventually they came through and wiped out the second wave.

The third wave it became Alyeska's turn to be bait and Theshawv and Xallo cut down the Rodentia Hobgoblisaurus steadily and speedily.

The fourth wave proved to be an exceptionally tough wave as Alyeska quickly found herself to be in some trouble.  She led the group of beasts to a new group of guards not too far away who were eager to assist.  They might be smarter in their next lives as they did not last very long!  Somehow the trio managed to survive anyway!

The final wave and the rodents took their ultimate evolved form.  Failing to eradicate this wave would mean that they would have to serve in the Rat kingdom as nut gatherers and rodent masseuse workers giving relaxing tail waxes, ear rubs, and shoulder massaging for their new masters.  At first it looked like they might have an easy time of it, just hopping off legs and leaving the rodentia helplessly flailing on the ground, but they fought their hearts out and the wave of rodentia absolutely overwhelmed them.  They pleased with the guards to assist, but they were no fools.  They saw what happened to their brethren.  With no help from the local guards who were boycotting the entire thing, The trio of defenders of humanity put together a cunning strategy to gain the upper hand.  They ran in circles... around and around and around and around and...  until all the evolved rodentia and myself were getting disoriented.  Then fortune intervened and a Dridmar(bait) appeared on the field of battle.  The tide turned in their favor and they successfully vanquished the last of the evolving rats.

Challenge #4 How many Lagomorphs are in Wurm Online?

Xallo handily defeated the challenge and won the Enkounter.

For their winnings, a barrel of water, a fireplace, a stoneware microwave, and kindling, a barrel of air, and 2 mine doors!  Oh and some Pizza and a scoop of supreme ice cream!

• Like 6

Ooh, Chaos again! 

This time Mattown was then recipient and he tried to get out of it but I told him he had to play or else!

He had to endure 3 agonizing challenges. 

First challenge, Name how many Arachnid types are in Wurm Online.  Sailed through that one with ease!

Second Challenge,  make 17 logs within 4 minutes!  Oooh, so close!!!  He needed 4 more seconds!  Well, that's randomness for you.  So much for that bear shark powered gold plated Knarr and the Diamond crown of lightning that strikes opponents dead within 20 meters of the wearer!

Final Challenge!  Kill the Gobberwacky before it can eat the hoofs off his horse!  Ughh, not even a challenge!!!

His winnings....  some pastrys!  A crate of moss, and some onions.  Also a nice pair of pliers!

• Like 1

Today I landed on Independence and found Janesko hard at work building a new place.

Janesko had to face 3 random challenges.

Challenge #1  How many hours are there in a day in Wurm Online?  She answered this one fast and accurately.

Challenge #2  Item challenge,  Did she carry a rake?  Yes, yes she did.  No adventurer should leave home without one!

Challenge #3 Face the onslaught of the Cretaceous era leftovers!  She had to fight off the Tyrannosaurus Bantams, the Triceraclucks, and the Velocicrows all at once.  Took a while, but they should be good eat'n!  But just as she thought it was over, the Sabertooth Furniture Slayers made a dastardly appearance!  Fortunately it appears that Janesko is held in high regard by her deed guards as they came to her aid against the constant purring of the furniture slayers.

For her winnings, a planter rack, some small crates, a cauldron filled with cider, and a couple of dog statues.  She also received some life affirming pizza with extra cheese!

• Like 3

Chaos is getting awful popular in the randomizer this month!

Today there were two participants on Chaos.  Masterentaro and Sarrum. 

They had to face 6 random challenges.

#1 - With 2 minutes to respond, Where will you find the demons when they are not at work?  Sarrum managed to come up with a partially correct response, so he received a piece of cheese!

#2 - Get 30 stone bricks within 4 minutes! - They managed to make or get 28 total when the time ran out.  Unfortunately, there were many more, but Masterentaro decided to reveal that tidbit a bit too late.  There goes the Wagon mounted canon and the Sword of Defense and it's power to grant deed and tower guards of your own kingdom incredible fighting skills and speed in times of combat.

#3 - Item challenge - Does Masterentaro have a sword in his inventory or on his person?  Nope!   Fortunately, all they missed out on was a measly silver statue likeness of myself!  No real loss...

#4 - They lucked out and got another item challenge, and it was to get 12 heaps of sand within 3 minutes!  They barely succeeded.  I was beginning to wonder if they were sober...

#5 - Defeat the infestation of Orb Weavers!  You could feel the dread that fell over Masterentaro and Sarrum.  Worldtender jumped in and tried to give moral support, but I felt like it was more support for the Orb Weavers.....strange....  Still the infestation was cleared out so in the end, they succeeded.

#6 - I spy an item of 41.7ql....  Sadly they passed it many times....  Oh well, so much for the token of free deed upkeep for a year and the sleeping bag of triple sleep bonus.

For their winnings, or what was left of them....  A halbred for picking fruit high in trees and a fruit press so they are never without fruit juice on the trail, 2 pair of fruit gathering gloves, some logs for building something related to fruit, a compass, and some spaghetti and meatballs for those really long seasons between fruit harvests.

• Like 2

No winner today.  I arrived on Exodus and the person in local must have had one terribly tough animal to butcher because he was absolutely focused on getting that butchering knife super sharp.  So focused in fact he never noticed me in local.

Well, It was a gorgeous mobile home while it lasted.  It had all the amenities, and only needed 8 bison to pull it, but into the endless void it goes.  Oh well, maybe someone will get a chance at the smaller camper one day.  It only requires 6 bison to pull, but lacks the hot tub that the full size one had.

• Like 6

No winner today either.  I arrived on Pristine and dropped into the ocean.  I thought we might have a nice random ocean enkounter for a change, but the people just sailed right by me and never waved, or even tried to throw me a life preserver.....  nothing...nada.... no enkounter.....   And here I had 2 jetski's to hand out.  Actually they were rafts with chairs nailed on top pulled by a team of seals

• Like 5

They probably had beeswax jammed in their ears to protect them from your siren song.

Sirens_lament_1589.jpg

• Like 2

Today I have entered the local of Ejayh and Zarame on Deliverance.

They had 3 random challenges!

#1 Dig 35 dirt within 3 minutes!   With 30 seconds to spare they made it.

#2 Did either one of them have a rope in their inventory?  Nope....  So much for being the very first once to look up on the fabled Platinum coin!

#3 Put an end to the Rapping Folk Dance Rappers!  Oh the humanity....  the horror!  My head still hurts from the loud foot stomping rappers. 

Egads.....  they lost!!!!  Be warned....  out there somewhere in the mists are some very loud, and very annoying, rapping folk dancers.  If you hear them in the distance, go the other way!

For losing, this challenge to save us all from these horrid sound and style abusers I am throwing into the void the ultra-fantastic 80 foot yacht and the supreme wingsuit of rapid descent.

Bonus round! - How many days are in a month?   Hmm,  maybe I better look at that question more carefully.  Ejayh got it right and wrong at the same time so... a win.... I guess...

Their meager winnings included a crate of sand, some fence bars, a food storage bin, and some pies!