Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Random Enkounters

Today's Random Enkounter found a guy down on his luck at Flamma on Elevation.

Icylizard faced 3 daunting challenges.

First he had to identify a house filled with apparently wealthy residents that was 76ql within 5 minutes.  He failed to find it in time.

Second, he had to forage 15 items!  Completely barren of weapons and armor the local trolls union did not make this challenge very easy for him, but he succeeded with the assistance of the local Flamma guards.

For his third challenge, he had to clear the road of scorpions.  Well it was one scorpion and he had to devise a way to dispatch it with no weapons and armor.  With some strategy he was able to bring it to the guards of the deed and make the road safe again. 

For his winnings, he received a supreme spear, a cheese drill, some haggis pudding and rat on a stick, as well as some pottery bricks and iron lamps.    He is well on his way to making a cheese factory. 

• Like 2

Me think Enki been off his meds to long , next person please restrain him and call the guards..:P

• Like 1

Today, I found myself among the Deliverance crowd.  After taking an apple cider vinegar pill and donning a disguise to avoid the guards, I appeared in the local of a person along a shoreline.  I gave my usual festive and upbeat greeting, but all I got was the silent treatment.  With the Random Enkounter summarily failed after 10 minutes, I put the Seryll Extra Large Magical Chest full of silver and gold coins and fabulous gemstones back in the void and returned to my primary duty of harassing the patrons of the Summerholt Fall Festival.

• Like 1

Today, the randomizer chose Chaos and I landed in the local of Krelos.

He had to face 3 brutal challenges.

His first challenge did not go well as he had 2 minutes to name the event that had brought me to him....  He lost out on the supreme Seryl plated wagon with a full compliment of 8 speed horses with adamantine horseshoes for that failure!

His second challenge was to show me 43 rock shards.  Not 42, not 44,  but 43.  He had 6 minutes to succeed and he just barely cleared it with 3 minutes to go.

For his third challenge he had to avoid getting the plague by killing 30 large rats.  Unfortunately I must report that he caught the plague and died.  So much for that fantastic seryl plate armor set...

He still managed to win one of the three random challenges, and he did make it two thirds of the way through the rat level, so he did manage to secure a spelunking kit and a freedom banner!

• Like 1

Today I was sent to Serenity where I found a number of people busy at work making stabby things in a dark damp cave.

Having made them look up from their forges, Gofs, Loetuw, and Viremental attempted todays three random challenges.

Challenge #1 was tried by Gof alone as the others were still too busy at their forges to notice me yet.  He failed to answer the question within the 2 minutes allotted and lost out on the Fantastic Oakenwood corbita with the first ever deck mounted ballista! It was a very good scientific and challenging question at that, so expect it to crop up randomly during another random challenge.

During the second challenge, Loetuw and Viremental prepared to partake of the Enkounter, and then Viremental had to back out as quickly as he stepped in as a Drakespirit conspired with a troll and some uttachas to dispatch him.  Too bad, he lost the fleeting chance to hold a 10 gold coin, not that he would have won it, but he could have held it.

The second challenge was to kill 6 wild spiders within 15 minutes.  It was a very difficult task as spiders were not easy to find in the area, and everything was out to prevent them from succeeding, but they did manage to find and kill six eight legged things within the time limit.

Viremental stepped back in just in time to tackle challenge #3   The third random challenge for the three was to make 10 pelts!  I provided the raw materials and they had no trouble at all building pelts from the parts.  Seemed a bit anti climatic but hey, it is random!!!!

Bonus challenge!  They correctly answered the bonus question....  Apparently they were more observant than others have been!  Wouldn't you like to know what the question was?

They won a full Barbecue banquet complete with table, roasting spear, and an intricately made ornate fountain to look at and admire!

• Like 5

that was cool challenges :D , only sad that Vir died :\  

Edited by Gofs
  • Like 1

Today's Random Enkounter landed back on Xanadu.  Eyelykekatz was the only one in the local vicinity and had to face 4 challenges!

The first challenge was to tell me how many moons were currently in Wurm.  He passed that challenge with flying colors... with a little help from the wiki...

Second Challenge was ridiculously easy...  get 20 planks within 15 minutes....  he had about 14 minutes to spare...

Third challenge also way way too easy.  Tame a dog!

His fourth and final challenge would make up for the easy ones.  A group of Vampires have escaped from Halloween and taken up residence in a nearby cave.  They have sent their Igors out to remove Eyelykekatz' garlic patches so they might sneak in and feast on him while he sleeps.  He had to defeat all 30 of the Igors to keep his blood in his veins where I assume is where he usually keeps it.  The battle was long and lasted throughout the night as there were many...many... times I did not think he was going to survive the waves of Igors!   Eventually as the sun crested over the distant mountain peaks and the first rays of light struck the landscape, all around were dead Igor's and Eyelykekatz survived the night!

With their prospects for food diminished, the Halloween vampires skulked into the back of the cave until the next night where they fled to the northern regions of Xanadu.

Eyelykekatz received an entire Italian feast for six people... as long as they like 3rds and 4ths....  Plus an absolutely indispensable item for a future vampire hunter, an archery target.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enki said:

Today's Random Enkounter landed back on Xanadu.  Eyelykekatz was the only one in the local vicinity and had to face 4 challenges!

The first challenge was to tell me how many moons were currently in Wurm.  He passed that challenge with flying colors... with a little help from the wiki...

Second Challenge was ridiculously easy...  get 20 planks within 15 minutes....  he had about 14 minutes to spare...

Third challenge also way way too easy.  Tame a dog!

His fourth and final challenge would make up for the easy ones.  A group of Vampires have escaped from Halloween and taken up residence in a nearby cave.  They have sent their Igors out to remove Eyelykekatz' garlic patches so they might sneak in and feast on him while he sleeps.  He had to defeat all 30 of the Igors to keep his blood in his veins where I assume is where he usually keeps it.  The battle was long and lasted throughout the night as there were many...many... times I did not think he was going to survive the waves of Igors!   Eventually as the sun crested over the distant mountain peaks and the first rays of light struck the landscape, all around were dead Igor's and Eyelykekatz survived the night!

With their prospects for food diminished, the Halloween vampires skulked into the back of the cave until the next night where they fled to the northern regions of Xanadu.

Eyelykekatz received an entire Italian feast for six people... as long as they like 3rds and 4ths....  Plus an absolutely indispensable item for a future vampire hunter, an archery target.

Thanks Enki! I had a blast on my alt-Eyelykekatz xD he started with 18FS and now has almost 24 xD

No Winner for today!  I appeared on Exodus and the only person in local never responded within the 10 minute window of opportunity.

I would tell you about the fabulous prizes they could have won, but for now it gets added to tomorrows random pot of winnings!

35 minutes ago, Enki said:

No Winner for today!  I appeared on Exodus and the only person in local never responded within the 10 minute window of opportunity.

I would tell you about the fabulous prizes they could have won, but for now it gets added to tomorrows random pot of winnings!

If it was near a deed with a wagoner camp, they most likely stopped checking on local a week ago.

:P

Today I landed on Exodus for the second time in a row, but this time the person in local was far more attentive and noticed me right off. 

Rubychez faced down 3 challenges.  First an oldie but a goodie...  name the event that happens when The Home of the Gods passes in front of the Home of the Demons.

Second challenge was to collect 8 sprouts in 5 minutes!  Passed with only a minute to go.

And for the final challenge, Rubychez had to save the world from the evolution of catfish into...well.. cats....  10 Huge Sea Kittycats and 10 Striped Sea Kittycats climbed out of the ocean and onto the land inhabited by Rubychez and after a long battle, with well fed tower guards at her side, she ended their evolutionary hopes for the future!

Rubychez won not only supplies for a beer drinkers fishing trip, but the items from the failed Enkounter from yesterday, and a rare horse statue for her island!

I received so many amazing special items.

Thanks, it was well worth the stress to save Wurmkind.

For today's 50th Enkounter I landed on Xanadu and ended up with 13 participants!

They were challenged with 5 very slightly random challenges.  As it was the 50th Enkounter I figured a nice theme was in order.

So for their first challenge, they had to make 50 campfires within 8 minutes!  They had a mere 45 seconds left, but they did succeed!

Second challenge, Botanize 50 things in 5 minutes!  They passed the challenge with just over a minute to go.

Third challenge they had to make 50 meats from huge spiders! 

For their forth challenge one of them had to correctly answer where Golden Valley could be found within 50 seconds.  Olafhairybreeks was triumphant!

Their fifth and final challenge, they had to defeat 50 Shreklings!  The first and second round of Shreklings, they handled fairly well,  but during round 3 Manthium was unable to sew back together enough of his organs to survive.  Unfortunately that cost them the crate of 300 95ql Seryll lumps and the Massive Crystal Colossus of Magranon!

The fourth round they managed to get through alive, but in the fateful fifth round, the Shreklings ate Wekukax, so for that I had to send the full set of fantastic rarity ships and the ultra rare adamantine scale armor back to the void!

Bonus round!  Avoid the Holiday kisses from the Holiday Kissing Cows!  Oddly enough I noticed that a number of them failed this round.

Wow, what an Enkounter....  they won hundreds and hundreds of wood scraps.  Enough to keep a smith happy for a while..  maybe a couple weeks anyway.  They also won a cave ogre hunting kit, and a lot of holiday food to taste test to make sure my ingredients from last year were still edible.  Along with the winnings they received some critically needed sugar beets, shingles, ribbons, and lumps of tin.

• Like 6

Despite me being there with a total noobie toon, i was still able to take part in this fun event. Yes there is a risc of ending up like a corpse, but good teamwork a fun ppl limited that for most of us. All in all a really fun event that was defo worth postponing dinner for a bit ;)

Ty Enki for doing this!

And tnx to the others who participated aswell :)

I really love to read about these Enkounters, also happy to see that October is really long for you, Enki :

• Like 2

Today's Enkounter was on Chaos and Blazer popped in just at the right time to participate!

He had to endure 3 daunting challenges.  The first random challenge was to get 20 clay within 15 minutes.  With some 14 minutes to spare he found the nearest deposit of clay and succeeded.

His second challenge was to identify the color of the soul stealer moon.  He guessed close enough.

For the final challenge he had to defeat 6 Golden Clawed Marmosets.  Blazer called for the guards but they just laughed and ignored him.  Blazer barely held on and just managed to survive.

For his Enkounter winnings he received a Lumberjack special breakfast from a roadside diner, complete with complimentary hatchets.

• Like 1

Today I found Keg hard at work on Independence making coal piles.

4 challenges of horrific difficulty was he to face.

Challenge #1  Name this event correctly within 3 minutes.  :( So much for that pot of gold coins!

Next he had to make 30 logs within 12 minutes.  His chainsaw was plenty sharp!

For his third challenge he had to face another oldie, 'Name the home of the gods', and he passed it with ease!

His final challenge was to kill 50 Treeheaded creatures. (a.k.a.  creatures with things growing out of their heads)  (I know I know... my brain needs an infusion of ice cream!)

The guards basically abandoned Keg in his time of need and he had to best most of the 50 of them on his own.  Fortunately his supply of bandages held out.

Later on during the onslaught, the guards decided to help him.  Either their rum ran out out or they realized they were not going to get paid for standing around.

Eventually Keg was able to defeat the Treeheads and now he either has to learn taxidermy or just toss the corpses on the coal piles.

For his winnings,  Ice Cream!  Yes, you heard right,  6 pints of delicious ice cream!  and some other minor items like a barrel, and weapon or something.  But by far the most important of his winnings is the ice cream!

• Like 1

I'm told Ice Cream is Life!  So it was the best prize yet!  This is so much fun reading about all of these.

Today's Enkounter on Independence was a flop as the person in local never noticed I was there in time.

Too bad too, they had the chance to win an incredible assortment of a self lighting forge and a working prototype flying pegasus.

Oh well, maybe next time.

• Like 1

Hearing about what people didn't win is probably my favorite part of this deal :P

• Like 3

So far we have a streak of no wins. 

Today I landed on Affliction but the individual simply was not attentive and and lost their one and only chance at the Diamondback Amulet which when used summons two large, fire breathing, seryll armored geckos to your side that will attack anyone or anything you target until it is killed or destroyed, or until you use the amulet to return them to their realm. 

Let's hope we don't get 3 no wins in a row.  My Random Enkounters bag of randomness is getting awfully heavy.

Today I wound up on the luxurious isle of Serenity on Epic.

I found myself near a very active village with a number of participants to tort...challenge..

Challenge #1, Hide and seek!   They had 2 minutes to locate my location, and failed.  I had to remove the Adamantine forge and oven set.

Challenge #2, Defeat the wave of Long Mouth Slither Bass.  Sadly the Long Mouth Slither bass underestimated their opponents and did not bring enough reinforcements.

Challenge #3, find the item that was 57.66 ql within one minute.  Jaz was able to find the item within 35 seconds.

Challenge #4, Defeat the wave of Small Mouth web Bass.  With the help of the deed guards they had little trouble with this wave of land fish.

Challenge #5, Kill all 55 Wooly Mammouth Bass!  This took a while as these prehistoric beasts were thick skinned and tough to take apart, but eventually they hacked them up into pieces that could be dried into jerky.

Bonus Round!  Kill the aggressive Bass!  This was a bit more of a challenge as they only had to kill the aggressive wave... oh well I hope they have enough food storage for all that senseless killing.

For their winnings, they received 3 Enkounters worth of random stuff.  A Hawiian Luau banquet fit for a king, An assortment of kindling, an assortment of arrows, Some furniture and lamps for the book enthusiasts, and some clothes to help fight off that winter chill, and of course a healthy batch of fruit juice to help with digestion.

• Like 7