Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Random Enkounters

Today I surprised Garlock on Celebration!

After explaining the lengthy rules for participating I provided him with 3 challenges!

First Challenge was to kill 3 Mini Uttachas, which he is currently fixing up for lunch.... yummm

Unfortunately he lost out on the seryll plated knarr when he could not name the home of the demons!

For his final random challenge, he had to fight 10 Dirts.  Of course the dirt eating milk bags had to go scurry up the nearest mountain peak!

I wrangled them back up and Garlock dispatched them and is now preparing them for some good old fashioned steaks and roast!

He won a jewelry making kit, a bookshelf, and some fancy cheeses, fresh ripe lemons, and plenty of salt which will be very useful and tasty with the Mini Uttacha's and slaughtered dirt eating milk bags.

• Like 3

Today's Random Enkounter is brought to you by the moon Jackal. (I'm watching you!)

Today I Enkountered a village on Elevation and the inhabitants were quick to take up the very random challenges that I very randomly created.

Today the Enkountees had to succeed in 2 random challenges!

Well...  it wasn't much of a challenge... but it was very random!

[20:04:17] <Enki> Challenge #1
[20:04:36] <Enki> Dig 40 dirt within 5 minutes!
[20:04:41] <Enki> Who is up?
[20:04:47] <Smeagain> me
[20:05:02] <Enki> go to a digging locaiton
[20:05:16] <Smeagain> done
[20:05:45] <Enki> Begin when ready!
[20:06:40] <Enki> Did I say 40?  it was a typo.. should have read 400!
[20:06:46] <Smeagain> too late
[20:06:52] <Gary> is that what it is, making her dig her own grave
[20:07:18] <Enki> This is no contest,  just gonna set this stop watch over here
[20:07:46] <Enki> only 10 to go
[20:08:02] <Smeagain> done

The second challenge was much more interesting.  In fact it was so much fun a unicorn joined in!

Eight Klingon Kitty Cats entered the field and one of them grew so scared of the unicorn it committed suicide!

The other seven fought like seasoned pros and the unicorn fought valiantly against the invaders.  Oh, and so did Gary and Smeagain.

[20:08:25] <Enki> Challenge #2
[20:08:46] <Enki> I have grown fond of creature battles, so lets make this one a bit interesting
[20:08:59] <Gary> uh oh
[20:09:04] <Smeagain> one or two participants
[20:09:10] <Enki> up to you
[20:10:38] <Gary> it will be two
[20:10:40] <Enki> You must defeat 8 Klingon Kitty cats
[20:10:53] <Smeagain> oh dear
[20:11:10] <Smeagain> do they also speak kilingon
[20:11:17] <Gary> they kill unicorns
[20:11:28] <Smeagain> its taking one for the team
[20:12:30] <Smeagain> this will take a while wargs have pretty touch armour lol
[20:12:44] <Enki> Go team Unicorn!
[20:13:03] <Smeagain> lmao
[20:13:29] <Smeagain> [12:13:14] You thought pulse adolescent Klingon Kitty Cat extremely hard in the crotch and hurt it.
[20:15:25] <Gary> unicorn survived though
[20:15:32] <Smeagain> intervention
[20:15:56] <Enki> Since there were 3 participants lets see what you won
[20:16:08] <Enki> Will it be total crap,  or will it be soemthign good!
[20:16:10] <Gary> i bet the uni gets the best item
[20:16:42] <Smeagain> woah
[20:17:22] <Smeagain> maybe drop on the ground please lol
[20:17:44] <Smeagain> Thank you haha
[20:17:51] <Smeagain> i bet i know who wants the tar!
[20:17:53] <Enki> Congratulations.  Enjoy your very random winnings!
[20:17:57] <Gary> oh my lordy tar

At the end of the battle, a total of 8 Klingon Kitty Cats lay dead at the feet of a bloodied but battle hardened unicorn.  Now that it has tasted blood I would not be surprised to see it on the fields of battle from this day on!

For their winnings, the three of them won enough materials to build a 1 horsepower battle tank!  They will have to supply the horse.

Or!  or they could build a War Unicorn with the materials!

So as not to leave the unicorn out for its courageous efforts, it won a random assortment of grain!

• Like 4

Ah....  Today we have no winner.

I arrived at a random location where the locals never responded within the allotted 10 minutes.

Oh well, until the next Random Enkounter!

Today's Enkounter is brought to you by Sol  - Shining a light on you since 979 NT!

Grumpled of Exodus was the unfortunate victim of my arrival, which a horde of scorpions took full advantage of to teach her about poking them with pointy sticks.

Upon her return to the field I gave her three challenges.

The first challenge was to tell me how many types of creatures was in the cave in front of her.  Her guess was 7 which was correct since Jakerivers rode into it on a horse during the challenge.

pig, rat, troll, scorpion, anaconda, were the others.

Her second challenge was to tell me what the best course of action was if Jakerivers were to be attacked by a giant champion spider.  Her answer, was that it would be over so quickly she would not have time to fix popcorn...  So I put it to the test.  Her answer was correct!

Her third and most difficult challenge!  Again....  name the home of the gods?  She got it right after some thought on the subject..

For her success, she received not only today's Enkounter winnings, but the winnings from yesterday's failed Enkounter!  All in all, she received a set of vampire hunting gear, a chair to relax in, and some pastries to snack on in between vampire eradicating.  Oh and also a rake which I am also told is one of the more important tools in dealing with vampires.

• Like 3

Thank you for the fun and the goodies, Enki.

Rake, stake... multipurpose tool

And thanks to Jake for being spider-bait

• Like 1

I am curious as to what vampire hunting gear is in wurm. Garlic, pointy sticks and big leather hats?

Today the Enkounter randomizer selected Affliction within the local of Czar!

Czar had to take up a randomly selected 4 challenges starting with, stating the color of Jackal, followed by correctly pointing to the home of the Apis!

His third challenge was a serious fight against 6 Flightless Dragons.  They used all sorts of tricks to attempt to kill Czar first including running around and sneaking up behind him.  Czar had plenty of stamina to take them all on at once and finally bested them after a fairly long engagement.

For the fourth and final challenge I tasked him to create 12 campfires in 5 minutes.  Czar ran to his house, grabbed a steel and flint, and some kindling and returned to the battlefield and began making fire.  It came down to the wire, but Czar managed to start all 12 campfires with a mere 7 seconds left on the clock.

Passing all 4 challenges with flying colors, Czar won an assortment of containers, lye, some herbs, a saucepan, some tarts, fresh sushi, some peat and a knife.  Czar will be serving gently seasoned Flightless Dragon steaks, sushi, and tarts for the village while supplies last.

• Like 2

It was an interesting experience. I was tinkering away at the forge when I heard a booming voice from the heavens.

<Enki> Greetings!

Confused, I looked around and saw no one. I thought for a second that perhaps the mysterious voice was further away than I first imagined and talking to someone else unknown. As a precaution I went upstairs to fetch a two-handed sword to investigate and found a terrifying visage standing in my bedroom, right next to my bed.

<Enki> It's time for Random Enkounters!

said the mysterious figure. Although it was not what I first feared I think it is safe to say that introduction is now permanently ruined.

• Like 4

Today, Lordlouis on Independence was the lucky contestant on Random Enkounters!

For his first challenge, a simple game of hide and seek.  With 10 minutes on the clock he manged to find me in the hands of Vynora  in less than 3 minutes!

The second challenge  he had to answer a riddle.  "Where will you find the dead when they are at home?"  Becuase I had to give him multiple hints he lost out on the solid gold fantastic cart!

His final challenge was to speed date the four nogump sisters!

The first date was going very well and lasted for over 20 minutes as they really hit it off, but it turned out she already had a boyfriend so tough luck Lordlouis.

The second date was a tragedy....  All she wanted to do was talk about herself.  Lordlouis decided to end that date swiftly as he chopped off her head.

The third date was a sight to behold as they went up on the dance floor and really had a big swinging time, but tragedy struck as she kept stepping on Lordloius and he accidentally cut out her heart with his sword.  Blood all over the dance floor!

The fourth date looked like it was going to go well, as his date saw him and raced towards him, but shortly after introducing herself she just kept staring at Lordlouis' head and thought it was so cute she had to bash it in.  Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be...

Lordlouis may have not had success dating the four nogump sisters, but he did get a consolation prize of a nice set of picnic supplies including a lot of curry.

• Like 4

Today the randomizer chose Desertion, but unfortunately the residents did not notice my attempts to get their attention or respond to me in anyway.  Our second no win enkounter!  They will never know what they could have won.  Did they miss out on a super amazing prize like a supreme crystal corbita?  Or did they miss out on a pile of woodscraps?  Oh well, keep an eye open.  I could appear anywhere at anytime.

Hmm, not a good start to the day...  I arrived on location on Deliverance  and gave my long boring introduction speech  "Greetings!"

and the locals logged out.  Maybe I need to shave... oh well, perhaps next time.

We have winners today! 

Eroing and Janekpolaczek on Celebration participated in today's Random Enkounter.  They had to take on 5 challenges.

The first was a bit problematic as it was hide and seek.  I did not think I was doing anything strange to make it tough, but after 35 minutes it became clear that Eroing could not see me for some strange reason... I had to just give him that challenge, but Janekpolaczek DID see me before time was up.

Next, a bit of I spy...  I told them I saw an item with specific damage made of stone and they had to identify it.  They got that fast.

Next, They had to tell me where I could find a demon when it was not at work.  Again they got it correct!

The fourth challenge was extra fun as they had to take on and defeat 7 pushy perfume saleswomen.  It took a bit to fight off their sales tactics and a local scorpion decided ot help them meet their sales quota, but Eroing and Janekpolaczek both beat the saleswomen at their game and did not purchase any of their products.

Finally, the toughest challenge of all.  I dropped a 100kg fantastic rock shard at the base of a sheer cliff and challenged them to get it to the top.  It turned out to be no trick for Eroing!

This was a good healthy event today and for their efforts they received 3 days worth of items!  altogether it was enough materials to explore and colonize a new land if they so chose.  Lots of sandwich supplies and even chocolate for the journey, and plenty of tools to make more tools to get started.

That or they can stock their pantries really well and use the tools around their place for home improvement projects!

Today I arrived on Release to find several people out and about.  Apparently planning to head to the Fire and Sand Impalong on Exodus.

Today they had to overcome 4 random challenges.

make 50 wood scrap, tell me where to find a demon when it is not at work,  locate a naturally flat tile, and finally defeat 50  Snargloffugus!

They succeeded at all challenges and have won a very random assortment of gear consisting of lamps, tools, and food.  Enough stuff for anyone to start a concession stand along the road!  They have enough Snargloffugus to feed an army so stop by and maybe they will make you a tasty sandwich!

• Like 1

Today's Random Enkounter is brought to you by Bartender Bob - Serving grilled pheasant to the masses since 1014 NT

Today the randomizer chose Affliction and while randomly making a random assortment of stuff  a tour boat of pilgrims sailed by.

I challenged them with 3 random challenges.

First, tell me where Golden Valley lies.  The correctly provided me with one of the three correct answers.

Next they had to correctly state the server that the Fire and Sand impalong was being hosted on.  They correctly stated Exodus.

For the final challenge I tasked them with catching 10 large fin tuna by bow and arrow.  It took some work, but fortunately they had enough arrows to succeed.

Their prize included an assortment of squirrel trap making materials to help reduce the damage to the roofs on their houses.

Today's Random Enkounter was on Pristine.

Herix was tasked with two grand challenges.  First, was to catch a fish within 2 minutes.  Succeeded with 15 seconds on the clock.

Next was to teach 16 traveling dead about existentialism and the benefits of horizontal unliving.  Their discussion lasted a good while as the travelers had a hard time accepting the truth of their situation, but after a lot of enlightenment at the end of a sword Herix convinced them otherwise.

Herix won a Halloween hunting set along with an assortment of spiced and smoked and roasted pork.

Today's Random enkounter has been brought to you by Libila - Bringing out the dead never goes out of style.

Faziel on Affliction was faced with 2 challenges for this Enkounter.

First challenge was to identify an I spy object that was ugly and one and a half times his height, within 3 minutes.  He correctly selected the troll statue within 30 seconds!

Second he had to remove the knots from 11 Knotted Ropes.  These were very unruly ropes and did not want to be straightened, but with due diligence, some sore fingers, and some creative untangling using arrows, Faziel laid the un-Knotted Ropes out on the ground completely untangled.

Faziel won a soup kitchen set complete with a supreme spoon!

Today's Random Enkounter dropped me onto Serenity! 

There I found myself in the local of Allenfulblade.  He had to tackle 3 tough challenges.  The first was to tell me where the Golden Valley could be found in 1 minute.  He correctly stated Haven!

Second he had to cut down 3 trees in under 2 minutes....  20 trees might have been more of a challenge, but certainly not 3!

Lastly he had to stop his greedy landlord from bulldozing the place down as 15 D8 Bulldozers were sent to wipe him out.

It was a real struggle as Allenfulblade had to use a lot of strategy to overcome the wrecking crew.  They wanted his land so badly they could taste his blood.  After 18 gruelingly long hours of battle, the bulldozers were subdued and Allenfulblade reigned supreme from atop the mass of dead bodies.

His efforts landed him a nice trove of beautification items for the land and lots of biscuits and pies. 

• Like 2

That random encounter was a lot of fun. The 15 D8 Bulldozers were actually 15 Champion Scorpion Bulldozers all dropped on me at once (almost like Karma for things I did as GM on various WU servers...). 

Died once, ran back naked from Strong Box and then eventually regained all of my lost FS plus some more.

The prizes were nice. The real win for me was just doing something different in the game. 

Thank-you for the time you donate to make this happen Enki.

~Nappy

• Like 1