Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

Not able to pick up dead corps

I tend to the animals on the deed... I am a member of this deed.... and the sheep that died is branded to this deed.. now why am I not able to pick it up?? really????? I do have perms to the animals I breed and groom them.. I been right up to the  finding the dead sheep... just got done breeding another pair..

Branding permissions dont affect breeding and grooming, permissions to manage or ride are the applicable ones

are you trying to pick up with keybind or right clicking? what happens when you try? 

35 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Branding permissions dont affect breeding and grooming, permissions to manage or ride are the applicable ones

are you trying to pick up with keybind or right clicking? what happens when you try? 

I am right clicking on it to pick it up...I do not get an option at all in the menu.

I take care of them other own some animals but not all... most if not all are branded to the deed.. I am taking care of them all for players who are not inworld as much or not at all now.. so if they die they just have to rot there in the pen? we will run out of pens...

Edited by RavenLure

Just now, Retrograde said:

does the take keybind work? 

let me get back there and try the kybind

Do you have branding permission on the deed?

When a branded animal dies, only those people who had permissions on that particular animal can take/open/butcher/bury the animal.   

If you have 'brand' permissions on a deed, when an animal is branded, your name gets added to the permission list on that animal.  If you do not have brand permission on the deed, when the animal is branded, the mayor must add your name to the permissions of that animal manually if they wish you to be able to tend to the corpses.

Just in case TAKE is related to the MOVE bug someone mentioned here, maybe also test having some item activated in your pack when you try to get the right click menu?

They were not able to get the MOVE item in the menu till then.

Otherwise, odd that they did not even get a STEAL option if it were a matter of no permissions.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I believe it's more related to the recent branded animal corpse change:  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/157878-patch-notes-28sept2017/

Corpses of branded animals can only be looted by those people who had ride/lead permissions on that animal prior to it’s death and it’s only ‘protected’ in that manner until server restart.

Having groom and breed or lead or whatever permissions on a deed, still does not allow handling a corpse unless you have BRAND permission on the deed (which auto adds you to the specific animal permissions) or if you were manually added to the permissions on that specific animal through manage animals.

For example:

Brash and Raven are citizens of my deed.

Brash's role is Special Citizen which included Branding of animals.

Raven's role is Citizen, which allows grooming, butchering, breeding, leading, almost everything EXCEPT branding.

I as mayor brand BigHorse and BigCow.

When both are branded - Brash is automatically added to the permissions of both those animals.

At this point Raven does not have permissions on those branded animals.

In order for Raven to have the correct  permissions to handle the corpses, I have to right click the animals and manually add Raven's name and give her permission to lead or ride those animals.

NOW, once I do that, Raven can handle the corpses of those animals.

Yes I have branding rights, the animal is not abandon, I have been able to pick them up  all along...up till this one sheep.. I been managing the animals for a while now.. my deed permissions have not change.and I am doing nothing different as well.

I am going to ask the deed owner.. he added people and every time he does this he ends up messing up something... sigh.

If you do have branding permission, then do as Brash suggested above - see if keybind take will let you pick up the animal or be sure something in your inventory is activated and they try to right-click take.  That is a bug that just popped up with the latest fix.

If that works for you, please let us know so that we don't try to find yet another issue.  Thanks!

I tried as suggested first I did the making sure nothing was activated then the keybinding both with out success. .

I should mention that I did try branding and could not.. I think that the addition of new people to the deed and creating perms for them may have messed it up.. when I see the deed owner I will have him check. 

Edit... additional information ... I can pick up corpes off deed how ever.. like dead seals and other wild creatures. just now found that out.

Edited by RavenLure
additional information

On 10/1/2017 at 8:02 AM, RavenLure said:

I tried as suggested first I did the making sure nothing was activated then the keybinding both with out success. .

I should mention that I did try branding and could not.. I think that the addition of new people to the deed and creating perms for them may have messed it up.. when I see the deed owner I will have him check. 

Edit... additional information ... I can pick up corpes off deed how ever.. like dead seals and other wild creatures. just now found that out.

The issue would only be with branded animals, on or off deed.  Were those seals and other wild creatures branded?  

I do not know if they sheep were branded or not.....but it is on deed... I have all perms needed to do anything on the deed, I still cannot pick up any of the  corpses

THIS IS SOO RIDICULOUS! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK UP CORPSES ON THE DEED THAT I HAVE ALL PERMS ON...  to me this is totally unacceptable. 

Oh and I cannot brand..... or unbrand as well.. somethng needs to be done.. really!

Edited by RavenLure
to post a rant number 2

Ravenlure, this doesn't  sound like a bug then, this sounds like your permissions on that deed.

Are you a citizen of that deed?  If not, maybe the mayor has set up your role incorrectly.  Please speak with your mayor, find out what the name of your role.  Maybe the mayor can delete your role and add it again to ensure everything is fine.

I have 

1 minute ago, Alectrys said:

Ravenlure, this doesn't  sound like a bug then, this sounds like your permissions on that deed.

Are you a citizen of that deed?  If not, maybe the mayor has set up your role incorrectly.  Please speak with your mayor, find out what the name of your role.  Maybe the mayor can delete your role and add it again to ensure everything is fine.

I am a citizen of the deed

I have Every permission on deed

My mayor Nacciwa has checked 3 times..... three... times I have every permission on deed.

Did I mention that I have every permission on the deed....

Yes in cause you are wandering I have every permission on the deed.

any further questions

Now I cannot move anything.. the  deed manager Nacciwa has been logged off for hours but I was able to move stuff afer he logged and now I cannot.. 

and once again YES..  Iam a memeber of this deed.... and YES I have deed perms and house perms and items perms....

Ravenlure, we currently have a minor bug that prevents moving items unless you activate any item in your inventory. So, until this bug is fixed, there is a simple solution: just activate a random tool and you'll be able to push/pull again. :)

On 10/1/2017 at 5:02 AM, RavenLure said:

I tried as suggested first I did the making sure nothing was activated 

I think she misunderstood us earlier, we said to make sure something was activated when trying to move items, but she read as the opposite and made sure nothing was activated.

You should be able to handle the dead animals both ondeed and offdeed, granted you have the ability to brand them. You mention that you do not have the ability to brand them, so that's where the issue lies. 

I do not know if they sheep were branded or not.....but it is on deed... I have all perms needed to do anything on the deed, I still cannot pick up any of the  corpses

THIS IS SOO RIDICULOUS! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK UP CORPSES ON THE DEED THAT I HAVE ALL PERMS ON...  to me this is totally unacceptable. 

Oh and I cannot brand..... or unbrand as well.. somethng needs to be done.. really!"

8ukAaSD.png

This is a separate permission altogether and I want to verify that the permission for you to brand is there. It is not a pick up items, or enter gates, or lead animals permission; it is called brand animals. It is a purple setting, listed right at the top of the list. The issue here isn't that you cannot pickup the corpses, the issue is that the setting that allows you to do so isn't coming through correctly.  It is however important to know a little bit more details. IF you do not know if the sheep was branded, that makes it a lot harder to figure out what is happening. It is safe to assume the wild animals you were talking about were not branded though, so I would think the branding part is what is preventing you from doing something.

Can you ask your mayor to take a screenshot of the settings for your role, and to examine your character to make sure you are actually part of that role - then post it here? 

This way we can see for sure that everything is set properly but the game is preventing proper settings coming through, and it will help the devs figure it out quicker and easier. It'll also hint if anything in other settings may be messing with it.

The only other thing I can think of is if you were specifically done a "deny all" on the sheep before it dies, but that would be very odd. And I also do not know if there is a way to check after the animal has died. Your mayor would have to have manually done this but again, it would strange to do so for a sheep.

OZ9mH5h.png

Edited by Alyeska

I tried to verify this and this is what I came up with:

[11:01:11] She bears the mark of a Valkyrie of Niflheimr.

8ukAaSD.png

was able to brand animals on deed.

I was also able to remove the brand of animals on deed.

[11:00:58] The venerable fat sheep makes a horrible sound as you press your branding iron against it.

[11:02:37] The venerable fat sheep makes a horrible sound as you press your branding iron against it and remove the brand.

Off deed, the option does not appear, but I believe this has always been this way.

I re-branded said sheep on deed and killed it, also on deed.

[11:06:13] The venerable fat sheep makes a horrible sound as you press your branding iron against it.

[11:06:35] A venerable fat sheep is dead. R.I.P.

I was able to pick the corpse up, and butcher it;

[11:06:43] You get a corpse of venerable sheep.

[11:07:02] You start to butcher the corpse of venerable sheep.

I was also able to bury it afterwards.

[11:07:36] You start to bury the corpse of venerable sheep.

To double check, I also had the mayor brand a different animal, and took the same steps.

[11:10:49] The old ram makes a horrible sound as Xallo brands it.

[11:11:34] Xallo cuts old ram deadly hard in the chest and damages it.

[11:11:34] An old ram is dead. R.I.P.

[11:12:11] Xallo gets a corpse of old ram.

[11:12:34] Xallo butchers the corpse of old ram.

[11:12:41] Xallo buries the corpse of old ram.

This thread is a little old and maybe it has been fixed by now, but since a reply was posted yesterday I assume the issue for Ravenlure (and the other people in the other thread linked) is still on going. I was not able to replicate it with the above settings. (and wurm rewarded me with a 20c coin for doing so!)

Edited by Alyeska

The need to have an item activated in order to get move options on corpses was fixed today - so that should no longer be in the mix.  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/158189-hotfix-12oct17/

There are no outstanding issues with branded animals and permissions is not bugged as seen by Alyeska's post.

The remaining issues may be more of a misunderstanding of permissions, roles and even the timeline of when a permission was granted AND when an animal was branded.  So all of those need to be check on animals which are currently alive in order to see what the issue may be.

For example:

I am mayor of my village.  (I have branding turned on by default as mayor).

No one else on my deed has branding permission.

I brand an animal. (FirstHorse)

If you right click on that animal, you will see in the permissions that I'm the only one with active permissions.

Now SillyPutty becomes a citizen of my deed.

I give Sillyputty a role that has brand permission.

I brand another animal (SecondHorse).

NOW, if I look at the permissions of FirstHorse, I still see only me.

If I look at the permissions of SecondHorse, I see me and SillyPutty.

So, while SillyPutty has brand permissions, they did not have those permissions when I branded FirstHorse.  Therefore, if I want them to be able to lead or manage that horse, I have to manually add them to any animal I branded BEFORE they had the permission in the role.

I'm going to lock this thread now as there is no known bug with this.  

If you still have issues:  

1.  Have your mayor randomly check some animals while they are alive to see if you are on the permisson list.

2.  Right click manage animals yourself to see how many animals you have permissions for and if that list makes sense to you.

3.  If you have verified that you have permissions on an animal and you kill that animal and cannot butcher or move it, please open a new thread and we'll investigate your issue.

I'll be glad to help you work through the problem on an individual basis.