Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Guard Tower Collision Boxes

With the return of tree collision, it's been pointed out how silly traveling through guard towers is. It's time to give them collision boxes!

Ideally, they would have working doors and allow us to enter them to see the guard cloning chamber inside, but a simple collision box would be acceptable.

• Like 3

+1

Would like to use them finally as the corners of the wall fortifications

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

that is a horrible idea, so many are parked on top of deed tokens

Could be an option to convert them to solid one, owner of the deed can choose. One time change.

Edited by Wilczan

47 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

An idea for safety would be to include a lock on all future towers so that it's doors open to a small 1x1 "safe space"

• Like 1

ah nope

want a safe place, build a 1x1 house

the way you all go on about needing safe places when traveling around one would think freedom was infested with valeri mobs

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

An idea for safety would be to include a lock on all future towers so that it's doors open to a small 1x1 "safe space"

+1 for this, if only to avoid possible exploits.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

no would you just think of the children

I am, and they must suffer!

• Like 1

Some problems with this idea as Guard Towers have been built in spots that will block access to other areas. Then there is the dead space inside the GTower that can't be accessed. For those Chaos pvp type GTowers they even block a larger area than just the 1 tile Freedom GTowers do. I guess if they had both an entry and exit door this could work but then they might just as well stay pass through the way they currently are.

Only real *advantage* to this idea would be if they would act as an area protected from mobs outside. If they were lockable then other players could be locked out and effectively blocked from an area that was otherwise accessible to everyone. If they can't be locked then humanoid mobs can enter so they are useless protection from them. Too many can's of Wurms here so best left as they are I think.

=Ayes=

+1  (for better game immersion and to prevent abuse)

• Like 1

I like the idea, but as others have said, they're on top of tokens or otherwise located so as to block movement. That's a LOT of rebuilding.

Unless there was going to be some kind of new tower (that could also connect to walls and fences because it would be stylish), it's a -1 from me, too. 

On 9/29/2017 at 10:05 PM, JakeRivers said:

Could be solved by allowing to pass only from one side using doors

Too bad it wouldn't work well with some already places towers.  They aren't randomly places like how trees grow so see more issues where they might be and it's not like you can just replant a tower to move it.

-1 to just a huge collision box. +1 to making it so you collide with the walls and can enter through the door though.

23 hours ago, NeeNee said:

I like the idea, but as others have said, they're on top of tokens or otherwise located so as to block movement. That's a LOT of rebuilding.

Unless there was going to be some kind of new tower (that could also connect to walls and fences because it would be stylish), it's a -1 from me, too. 

+1 to new type of tower that you can use with building and connect to.

It can only be considered if the token and size issues are dealt with first.

There is zero need for more collision boxes nor do guard towers out of anything need them.

Absolutely -1

Maybe just second type with the same model and collision boxes?

17 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

There is zero need for more collision boxes nor do guard towers out of anything need them.

Absolutely -1

To be fair, being able to walk through large structures like guard towers makes the game look very bad and incomplete. When I started playing I was very disappointed when I walked into guard towers, Colossus, charcoal piles, tables, chairs, chests (Im okay with walking through bulk storage bins though), the list goes on. The majority of other games make it so you can collide with everything around you and feels way more complete. I understand the majority of wurm players just want to walk straight to a place to grind and come back, but its also important to think about new people's first impression on games. An old game like this should really have collision by now so you don't phase through tables.

• Like 1